Author Topic: Duolingo discussion/friend exchange  (Read 35065 times)

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: Duolingo discussion/friend exchange
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 01:42:12 PM »
I don't know if any of you have gotten a chance to try it yet, but the new duolingo "bar" system is soooo much better than the hearts! I was skeptical at first but it's so nice! I like that I can keep going with a lesson even if I get something wrong, because you have no idea how many times I have had to repeat an entire lesson because I had made one stupid mistake towards the end like confusing a pronoun or forgetting an article

yes, that's really nice. But on the other hand you do not earn lingots as easy as before ;). But I certainly do learn more since I'm not too frustrated about doing something wrong. But I'm getting more careless as well.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 02:28:34 PM »
yes, that's really nice. But on the other hand you do not earn lingots as easy as before ;). But I certainly do learn more since I'm not too frustrated about doing something wrong. But I'm getting more careless as well.
I barely spend my lingots so I have like 75 or something and they just sit there. I did like that you got extra Exp for finishing with hearts left, hopefully they will bring some form of that back...
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

UFOO9000

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • I'm Fluffy
  • Preferred pronouns: Don't care, have fun!
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2014, 01:14:15 PM »
I just joined the bandwagon! Always seeing people talk about learning a new language I really wanted to do the same... especially since I already wanted to learn new languages :B

Same username~
Jeg er en kvinde! (nnooo you dont say)
I <3 Cats, Chats, katter, neko, gato.
:canada: :france: :uk: :denmark: :spain: :japan:

I have this thing where I vanish for weeks and sometimes months. PM me and I'll be back for you~

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2014, 01:31:07 PM »
I just joined the bandwagon! Always seeing people talk about learning a new language I really wanted to do the same... especially since I already wanted to learn new languages :B

Same username~

Soooo, Danish? Welcome, welcome, hop aboard and good luck with the pronounciation. Try the thing with potatoes in your mouth, it may help and boost your skills!  ;)
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

UFOO9000

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • I'm Fluffy
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2014, 03:45:27 PM »
For now it's not sooooo bad, though I really do not understand languages that really do not seem to match what is written to what is said. Nonsence I say.

I do have some potatoes to eat soon.... I'll have to keep them on hand for when I practice.

I have this thing where I vanish for weeks and sometimes months. PM me and I'll be back for you~

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2014, 03:47:45 PM »
For now it's not sooooo bad, though I really do not understand languages that really do not seem to match what is written to what is said. Nonsence I say.

I do have some potatoes to eat soon.... I'll have to keep them on hand for when I practice.
But... don't you speak french? French is really bad for that! XD There's so many letters and half of them don't even get pronouned!

UFOO9000

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • I'm Fluffy
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2014, 05:27:15 PM »
And yet I don't see that since I do actually speak it! I just tried the french course and can't get after level 9 with the tests.... I keep getting mistakes that I really should not make XD

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2014, 06:56:41 PM »
Okay, I think I've added you all and I'm StellersJayC just about everywhere.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2014, 06:04:54 PM »
I'm on Memrise and Duolingo, as LennyThynn on both. In fact, if you see someone called LennyThynn any place on the internet, it is most likely me. The only places I use different usernames is on forums/chats/etc. (and even there it's variations of Lenny) and on online games (where my inner Tolkien and Middle Ages/knights/castles/weird kings fangirl is let loose).
Am notified of private messages via email.

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2014, 06:52:30 PM »
I'm on Memrise and Duolingo, as LennyThynn on both. In fact, if you see someone called LennyThynn any place on the internet, it is most likely me. The only places I use different usernames is on forums/chats/etc. (and even there it's variations of Lenny) and on online games (where my inner Tolkien and Middle Ages/knights/castles/weird kings fangirl is let loose).
Just followed!
Also followed anyone who followed me!  I'm not sure when y'all found me, so I might have missed ya for a while on there because I'm so unobservant.  :|
Feel free to PM.

asadderandawiserman

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2015, 04:22:28 AM »

Same username~

I've decided to give this a go too (although I picked Swedish, which appears to be marginally different). The whole gamification of language learning seems really interesting. asadderandawiserman didn't fit as the username, so I had to go for JosephPennycook (which is my actual name). I hope you don't mind if I add a couple of you lot, I think it would help me to be connected with a couple of people.

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2015, 12:09:19 PM »
I've decided to give this a go too (although I picked Swedish, which appears to be marginally different). The whole gamification of language learning seems really interesting. asadderandawiserman didn't fit as the username, so I had to go for JosephPennycook (which is my actual name). I hope you don't mind if I add a couple of you lot, I think it would help me to be connected with a couple of people.
Muahaha YES come to the dark better side! :D I've been doing that course for a while, so feel free to ask me for help :)

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2015, 02:33:09 PM »

yesssss more friends to compete with.

and sol you give me a good chasing there :D

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2015, 03:14:07 PM »
yesssss more friends to compete with.

and sol you give me a good chasing there :D

Heee, you're still MILES ahead of me for the all-time Exp but I think I'm beating you on weekly/monthly.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2015, 03:28:35 PM »
Heee, you're still MILES ahead of me for the all-time Exp but I think I'm beating you on weekly/monthly.
nooooo I will not gonna let this happen

*runs for duo*

should learn some new stuff in french anyways :D

Forum Rules
Helpful Information