Author Topic: Duolingo discussion/friend exchange  (Read 35585 times)

Kat Sohma

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Neopolitan Stan
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: Duolingo discussion/friend exchange
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2015, 01:46:54 AM »
Hey y'all, my duolingo is here!

Also somehow I thought I had been learning Finnish on duolingo but I guess I was mistaken xP

Edit: Went through and followed everyone! ^3^''
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 02:11:47 AM by Kat Sohma »
Intergalactic nb lesbian, at your service. Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book1: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

StarN1ght

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2015, 02:45:05 PM »
I got a profile on Memrise. :) My username is StarN1ght. (Um... How do I search for specific users to follow?)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:50:45 PM by StarN1ght »
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :book3: :book4:
:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03:

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2015, 04:27:25 PM »
I got a profile on Memrise. :) My username is StarN1ght. (Um... How do I search for specific users to follow?)

I have no idea how you search for anyone, but if you want to try my username is AnaNymus. Let me know if you figure it out! I'll be trying too :)

EDIT I figured out how to find specific people! This link explains how: http://feedback.memrise.com/knowledgebase/articles/525026-how-to-add-follow-friends-in-memrise
(And I hope it's ok that I added you ;D)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 05:40:10 PM by Ana Nymus »
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

ryagami

• Scout
  • *mov lik snek*
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2015, 05:58:40 PM »
I heard a rumor that Finnish is the most requested language on Duolingo, so hopefully we'll see it soon! But in the meantime, here's a link to a Duolingo forum post with a huge amount of Finnish learning resources. I haven't looked through all of them yet myself, so I can't really verify how good they are. Seem to be well thought of, though.

https://www.duolingo.com/comment/9877177

By "soon", you could surely only mean "in half a year". :D
But considering that courses are started if there are actual people who want to and have the qualifications to work on the course, it would probably take even longer for a Finnish course to be created... :/
Native - :serbia:

Fluent - :uk: / :usa:

Moderate? - :sweden:  :italy:

Bits and pieces - :turkey:

atm? -              ^

Want to learn - pretty much anything, but mostly :latvia:, :greece:, Georgian, Modern Standard Arabic, Kalaallisut

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2015, 10:29:24 PM »
Finally made a Duolingo account so I can learn Brazilian Portuguese. I'm on there as starfally.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2015, 11:45:01 PM »
Hellooooo I has a Duolingo and I forgot this thread was a thing

You can find me as avollea
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #141 on: September 05, 2015, 08:32:17 AM »
I registered and I feel that site sucks, I mean all the thing I have learn that EVERYONE IS EATING A duckING APPLE.............. I got annoyed by it too easily on the first lesson, even I kinda knew all in that.

I dunno how to add anyone there or how it is even work, I am MarttiK I guess.....
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #142 on: October 03, 2015, 11:22:46 AM »
I am eyjafjallajoke on both Memrise and Duolingo. I need to go on these sites more often, I forgot the bit I learned in Icelandic pretty much completely. >_>;

Latiep

• Gets distracted by EVERYTHING. Lurks in spare time
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2015, 10:19:05 PM »
Czech is almost done on Duolingo!!
Native :usa:
Learning :norway:
Is planning on learning :iceland:
Knows a bit of :france:
Knows tidbits of :germany:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #144 on: October 17, 2015, 01:31:14 AM »
My Duolingo name is etymology, if any of you want to stalk me there. I still don't have a Memrise.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #145 on: October 17, 2015, 01:37:56 PM »
I've had duolingo for a while, but for some reason never thought to post here before. My username is northrn :)
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Supreme Potato

• WARNING: DO NOT EAT
« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2015, 12:00:53 PM »
Hej.

So I recently also made a Duolingo account for Swedish (Supreme_Potato, if anyone is interested), because most of my acquaintances recommended it. But I am strongly disinclined to trust an online learning program, due to sour prior experiences with such sites.

Can anyone comment on the quality and, more importantly, accuracy of Duolingo lessons (and Swedish lessons in particular)? I really do not want to commit any more of my time to bottomless holes.

Thanks. Any response will be appreciated.
Hej! Learning :sweden: since 25th October.

...but I still don't speak any Nordic languages.

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2015, 12:14:18 PM »
Hej.

So I recently also made a Duolingo account for Swedish (Supreme_Potato, if anyone is interested), because most of my acquaintances recommended it. But I am strongly disinclined to trust an online learning program, due to sour prior experiences with such sites.

Can anyone comment on the quality and, more importantly, accuracy of Duolingo lessons (and Swedish lessons in particular)? I really do not want to commit any more of my time to bottomless holes.

Thanks to Duolingo's Swedish lessons, I am very good at talking about turtles! (I haven't progressed very far yet though, because of lack of time.)
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2015, 05:18:48 PM »
Hej.

Swedish happens to be the course that I have taken furthest on Duolingo - I've got a way to go until I'm done, but I think I've made great progress with it. Duolingo is particularly good for getting the grasp of basic skills and vocab, and in my experience it has made a great foundation for language learning. So far it has been very accurate, and there are always ways to check if something in the grammar seems off to you. The only advice I can give you is to not rush through the courses, and spend time reviewing lessons for a couple of days after you have learnt each one - the method of learning is basically repetition, and taking your time to carefully review skills is how you will gain the most in the long term (at times it can seem a bit boring, especially when beginning, but you just need to keep at it). Another tip is to use other resources to help further your speech and writing, as well as to confirm and go over what you have already learnt. There are plenty of resources to be found online, and if you can find someone to help you and go through spoken language that would prove invaluable. (I'm lucky enough to know a family friend who speaks Swedish, but I think there are websites that can help you find tutors if that's not an option)

I know duolingo is not some people's ideal method to language learning, but it really depends on how you learn best and how you use the resources available. I hope this is helpful :)
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Supreme Potato

• WARNING: DO NOT EAT
« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2015, 07:07:28 PM »
Thank you!
Hej! Learning :sweden: since 25th October.

...but I still don't speak any Nordic languages.