Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 787503 times)

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #930 on: September 24, 2015, 12:38:55 AM »
I READ THIS A WHILE AGO AND DANG ARE THEY CUTE. AMBIGUOUS RELATIONSHIPS \o/

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! And I know, right? It's one of my favourite kind of relations to write, so much fun. *_*
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #931 on: September 24, 2015, 09:06:31 AM »
You might be able to tell from this story that I’ve not been in a cheery mood recently :D
Tuuri may or may not have caught the Illness, and on what could be her last night on earth, one other character from the comic stays with her – although I all but guarantee it’s not the person any of you might expect.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4863479

I hope you like it!

#2: "Break Down, Build Up". 500-word drabble sequence. Various prologue characters: Stig & Ulrika, Aino & Kaino, Aksel and his grandmother, Signe & Michael, Árni.
Summary: The world's gone, but as time turns, they hang on. Snapshots of the lives of the prologue characters during Year 0 and beyond. 
On Ao3: http://archiveofourown.org/works/4861910
I really enjoyed these! Short and sweet, and I'd say they punched well above their weight. Good stuff!
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #932 on: September 24, 2015, 09:35:28 AM »
You might be able to tell from this story that I’ve not been in a cheery mood recently :D
Tuuri may or may not have caught the Illness, and on what could be her last night on earth, one other character from the comic stays with her – although I all but guarantee it’s not the person any of you might expect.

I hope you like it!

I really enjoyed these! Short and sweet, and I'd say they punched well above their weight. Good stuff!
*Cries T_T*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #933 on: September 24, 2015, 09:56:20 AM »
*Cries T_T*

I'm using a small, low-res monitor at the moment and I thought for a second you'd accidentally just quoted my post! :D
Hope that means it was alright...
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

« Reply #934 on: September 24, 2015, 10:13:10 AM »
I'm using a small, low-res monitor at the moment and I thought for a second you'd accidentally just quoted my post! :D
Hope that means it was alright...
T_T *Still crying, takes SectoBoss arm, forces him to sit in front of his computer again, point it and only says : WRITE !*
I know I told you before but you're really doing it well, you have a talent for writing as some others here have one for drawing. Thank for sharing what you create with us <3 If I cried while reading, it's simply because you... errr... can take the reader with you, or mostly with your characters, inside the story. That's something precious. Maybe it's also because I'm easily in empathy, but anyway, if I react like that it means it's a success for the person who did the novel/book/movie/..., it had been done good enough to make me feels. So, yeah, it's a strange thing to write, but congratulations, you made me cry :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #935 on: September 24, 2015, 10:37:19 AM »
T_T *Still crying, takes SectoBoss arm, forces him to sit in front of his computer again, point it and only says : WRITE !*
I know I told you before but you're really doing it well, you have a talent for writing as some others here have one for drawing. Thank for sharing what you create with us <3 If I cried while reading, it's simply because you... errr... can take the reader with you, or mostly with your characters, inside the story. That's something precious. Maybe it's also because I'm easily in empathy, but anyway, if I react like that it means it's a success for the person who did the novel/book/movie/..., it had been done good enough to make me feels. So, yeah, it's a strange thing to write, but congratulations, you made me cry :)

Wow... thanks! I really cheers me up to hear people like the stuff I write, especially on a forum as art-heavy as this one ;D
Better get started on/finish those three other fanfics I've been sitting on for way too long now...
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

« Reply #936 on: September 24, 2015, 11:20:04 AM »
Better get started on/finish those three other fanfics I've been sitting on for way too long now...
Yes please ! :D

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #937 on: September 24, 2015, 01:10:03 PM »

I hope you like it!

Actually crying right now T_T *curls up in blankets*
IT'S SO GOOD THOUGH
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #938 on: September 24, 2015, 10:04:48 PM »

I hope you like it!

"Liked it" indeed... but I've already mentioned that elsewhere. : D And I'm rather glad that I decided to read it now, after seeing it here, instead of waiting until I'm finished reading the rest of the archive like I'd planned to do (I'm still picking my way through the old stuff; it's taking a while....) I see you mentioned that you have other stories on the go; I'm definitely looking forward to reading those.

And re: what you said about my writing, I'm so, so glad to hear that.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #939 on: September 25, 2015, 12:45:34 AM »
Solovei, SectoBoss, Yuuago: These are all great! The quality of work in the Scriptorium was always good, and it continues to become even better. I'm really looking forward to reading more from all of you. Thank you!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #940 on: September 25, 2015, 02:35:08 AM »

This turned out amazing. I was really looking forward to reading this one and it was just... everything I like and the more things I like, I love how you handled the theme! The ending was also brilliant, and how this fic tied several other fics of yours into it so neatly... I've been reading it since yesterday and I think I'll go start today by one more reading.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

« Reply #941 on: September 25, 2015, 05:26:25 AM »
With your post on the Celebration thread yesterday I realized I had missed what you had put here.

#1: "Routines". 1.2k words. Characters: Emil & Lalli.
Summary: They have their routines. They've become set in them. Sometimes, they make new ones. AKA "that thing with hairbrushing, fluff, and language barriers".
Relationship is friendship/ambiguous.
On Ao3: http://archiveofourown.org/works/4681715
Backup at my archive: http://roesslyng.dreamwidth.org/52400.html
There is something very quiet, very peaceful and sweet in this one :) I see friendship, I assume some other persons would see something else, but it's... how to explain... as if the novel had a sweet light. And I like to see the barrier language by Lalli's eyes, voices saying... things, and some words here or there, some gesture.

#2: "Break Down, Build Up". 500-word drabble sequence. Various prologue characters: Stig & Ulrika, Aino & Kaino, Aksel and his grandmother, Signe & Michael, Árni.
Summary: The world's gone, but as time turns, they hang on. Snapshots of the lives of the prologue characters during Year 0 and beyond. 
Relationships: the canon marriages, also Signe/Michael.
On Ao3: http://archiveofourown.org/works/4861910
Backup at my archive: http://roesslyng.dreamwidth.org/53634.html
I'm... someway I fell less connexions between me and the prologue characters but it's the kind of things you read and want to have more. That's not nice from you, giving us so small parts but not more ! :D

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #942 on: September 25, 2015, 08:27:29 AM »
misea, Yuuago, Róisín and Laufey... thank you all! Your kind words mean a great deal to me :)

Oh, and special thanks to Laufey who, a while ago, gave me pointers on some of the mythology that underpinned the ideas behind that fic (specifically, the ideas behind one person taking another's sickness). While it ended up very much 'in the background' compared to how I'd originally envisioned it, it was a great help, so thanks again!
I write a bit on AO3

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #943 on: September 25, 2015, 04:04:42 PM »

I hope you like it!

I really loved reading this, it was so well written - that plot twist though OOOOOOOH
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #944 on: September 25, 2015, 04:46:06 PM »
Hey everyone! Remember how a while ago I wrote a story where Emil works in a coffeeshop and Lalli comes in to order cookies?

WELL it now has the second chapter that everyone was asking for! There will probably also be a third at some point. Maybe fourth. But definitely third.
Oh yes, that's exactly how I wanted the Trond & Emil interaction to go >D
Kufufu, yes Emil, make sure to invite Tuuri to the wedding!

I'm just going to leave these here.

#1: "Routines". 1.2k words. Characters: Emil & Lalli.
Summary: They have their routines. They've become set in them. Sometimes, they make new ones. AKA "that thing with hairbrushing, fluff, and language barriers".
Relationship is friendship/ambiguous.
On Ao3: http://archiveofourown.org/works/4681715
Backup at my archive: http://roesslyng.dreamwidth.org/52400.html
l
This is really sweet and I kind of feel relaxed just by reading it? :)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3