Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 787395 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2014, 04:30:59 PM »
Uh, Woah.

Any info on the last few posts that disappeared?  Were they long, short, full of smileys, anything?

I just had it happen to me.  Here's the text of the post -- if it'll show here...

I... I strongly disagree with casting Emil as Gaston. No, i guess Emil is as far from a conceited rude... swank as can be.
But the rest fits just fine for me, and re-casted version of The Snow Queen looks very desirable.
:)  Well, that's why I suggested not telling Emil about the (apparent) Face-Heel Turn awaiting Gaston in the last act.  (As we know, the boy is profoundly incurious and wouldn't read ahead on his own...)  Up till that point, Emil's inflated self-regard could probably stretch enough to play a guy who has everyone *thinking* he's the hero. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2014, 04:52:34 PM »
Uh, Woah.

Any info on the last few posts that disappeared?  Were they long, short, full of smileys, anything?

I quoted Solovei and said five words or something.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

ruth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • pining for the fjords
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2014, 05:04:42 PM »
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:40:12 PM by ruth »
Principal mouthnoises: :spain: :uk: :norway:

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2014, 06:16:42 PM »
I quoted Solovei and said five words or something.
Same here I think...
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

partofacitygiant

« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2014, 11:52:38 PM »
In case someone missed the note on the SSSS comic page, some more text has appeared on http://archiveofourown.org/works/2814740/chapters/6315026
entering chapter 1: http://archiveofourown.org/works/2814740/chapters/6656429

I guess in archiveofourown one must first upload any images to somewhere else in the net and then use that url to embed on the text? Well, upped it but not bothering to try align it correctly, if that's possible (all rights to make changes to that reserved ;-))

My plan would be to stay in Kajaani area for several next chapters, occasionally bringing news from elsewhere to this far out settlement, which I'm not even sure has a radio for contact... anyway there is very smalltime electricity generation, though the Power Plant of Old had to be destroyed during the initial battles for survival...

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 09:18:13 AM by partofacitygiant »
almost fluent, :finland: :uk:
barely listenable :sweden:
nearly gets :norway: :estonia:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2015, 12:16:49 AM »
Dropping a quick note here: because apparently everyone did actually get botnets for Christmas, AO3 has had to temporarily close their automated invite code system as an anti-spam measure, meaning if you don't have an account, you're gonna have trouble getting one. So if anybody wants to sign up in order to swell the ranks of the Stand Still Stay Silent tag, I've got invite codes; PM me. :D

ruth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • pining for the fjords
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2015, 02:56:25 PM »
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:39:28 PM by ruth »

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2015, 03:20:23 PM »
next chapter of first contact on ao3!
I just read it and I have to say, I laughed really hard! :D Looking forward to the rest!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2015, 04:01:06 PM »
next chapter of first contact on ao3!

"Amelia Earhart, that great Canadian aviator."  <Snert.>  Priceless!   :)

Also, when did Captain Admiral Sigrun Eide switch branches of the Norwegian Armed Forces?  Was troll-hunting no longer enough of a challenge for her?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2015, 04:11:54 PM »
So, I recently found a website that will generate a drabble (100-word piece of fic) for you using words you've given it, madlib-style. I decided to try it out using some SSSS-related things and the result was... interesting XDD

Read it HERE.

Or make your own.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

ruth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • pining for the fjords
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2015, 04:13:49 PM »
"Amelia Earhart, that great Canadian aviator."  <Snert.>  Priceless!   :)

Also, when did Captain Sigrun Eide switch branches of the Norwegian Armed Forces?  Was troll-hunting no longer enough of a challenge for her?

you know moby dick? imagine that, but for the biggest sea beast you have ever seen.

(i was going to sneak in a fight over which country herman melville belonged to, but i couldn't get it to fit. needless to say, anna and sigrun would have been arguing for hours over whether the great whale-hunting story was originally inuit or norwegian.)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2015, 04:25:49 PM »
So, I recently found a website that will generate a drabble (100-word piece of fic) for you using words you've given it, madlib-style. I decided to try it out using some SSSS-related things and the result was... interesting XDD

Read it HERE.

<helpless giggling>

"It was an entirely cuddly sensation... until the cake wore off suddenly.

Everything was rather awkward after that."

Mmmbbhhphhttt!  <splutter>

I'm going to sum up ALL my future exploits that way.   ;D
Oh, where is Edward Gorey when you need him?

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2015, 04:41:02 PM »

Read it HERE.

Or make your own.

What did you do to meeeeeeee:

The Incomprehensible Terror Of The Snow

It snowed a foot overnight. When they woke up, Kitty-cat and Lalli went out to play. First, they made snow angels. Then they had a snowball fight and Kitty-cat hit Lalli in his Foot with a big Annoying iceball. It hurt a lot, but Kitty-cat kissed it Blankly and then it was all better.

Then they decided to make a snow man.

"We'll make a really Cute snow man!" Kitty-cat said.

"Why don't we make a snow woman instead?" Lalli said. "That would be more Scary and politically correct."

"I know," Kitty-cat said. "We can make a snow Cat. That way, we don't have to worry about gender politics."

So they rolled the snow up Swiftly and made a Stupid snow Cat. Kitty-cat put on a Flamethrower for the Nose. The Cat was almost as big as Lalli.

"It looks Beautiful," Kitty-cat said Adverbly. "But it seems like it's missing something."

"Here," Lalli said and held up a Terrible Kantele. "I found this Through a park." He put the Kantele onto the Cat's head.

It was perfect. For about a minute. Then the Cat, even though it was just made of snow, started to move and growl Like a rabbit in front of a very angry and very scary wolf.

Lalli screamed Annoyingly and ran but the snow Cat chased him until he tripped over a tree root. Then the snow Cat Ran him Curiously.

"Nobody does that to my little Boring Rock," Kitty-cat screamed. She grabbed an icicle and stabbed the snow Cat through the Eye. It fell down and Kitty-cat kicked it apart until it was just a bunch of snow again.

"You saved me!" Lalli said and they shared an embrace in the snow before going in for hot chocolate.

The Kantele lay in the yard until a Weird child picked it up and took it home.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

SeaAngel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2015, 07:12:12 PM »

Read it HERE.

Or make your own.

WHAT XD XD XD XD
Fluent:
OK:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2015, 07:46:14 PM »

Read it HERE.

Or make your own.

Oh my god. There was someone else in the room with me when I read that and I almost died trying not to laugh at it.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: