Author Topic: Improvements  (Read 133592 times)

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: Improvements
« Reply #645 on: June 12, 2018, 01:28:29 PM »
For the mobile version: move the lock topic button, and stop posts from expanding when clicked upon. Currently a bunch of stuff gets displayed when you try to tap a post (even to quote it) and that usually leads to the page reloading since it's a link to that specific post. Also the lock topic button is very easy to tap accidentally while scrolling, it's happened half a dozen times in the RP currently.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #646 on: July 20, 2018, 01:02:16 PM »
I was thinking about some improvements for the voting thingie https://ssssforum.com/thingies/voting.html#

Is it possible to add more art to the "reward" pool? We have a lot of fanart now and I'm sure a) many artists will be happy to allow their art to be used here with credit and b) many minnions will enjoy seeing fanart they may not be familiar with once they vote. It seems like it could be fun and an extra incentive to vote. What do you guys think?

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #647 on: July 22, 2018, 12:44:09 AM »
For the mobile version: move the lock topic button, and stop posts from expanding when clicked upon. Currently a bunch of stuff gets displayed when you try to tap a post (even to quote it) and that usually leads to the page reloading since it's a link to that specific post. Also the lock topic button is very easy to tap accidentally while scrolling, it's happened half a dozen times in the RP currently.

I was thinking about some improvements for the voting thingie https://ssssforum.com/thingies/voting.html#

Is it possible to add more art to the "reward" pool? We have a lot of fanart now and I'm sure a) many artists will be happy to allow their art to be used here with credit and b) many minnions will enjoy seeing fanart they may not be familiar with once they vote. It seems like it could be fun and an extra incentive to vote. What do you guys think?

I will look into both of these when I get home in a few weeks, I'm sorry for the delay but while I'm in Nepal I don't have much time for this.

@Sc0ut Eri had control over this, and I haven't been able to get in touch with him recently, but I will see what I can get done when I get home.

I apologize for the wait time, I promise I will look into this once I am home.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #648 on: July 22, 2018, 05:28:24 AM »

I'M HERE...   KIND OF

Huge apologies for leaving you with crappy UX for a year! I moved the post expanding function on mobile to a little ellipsis button next to your profile icons, tapping any other part of the post won't expand it from now on, as it should be.
About the lock topic button: could you send a screenshot? Maybe it's in the quickmod buttons (which I have turned off for myself) and that's why I'm not seeing it.

Adding a reward image takes less than a minute, link me images! ^-^
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #649 on: July 23, 2018, 01:11:02 AM »

I'M HERE...   KIND OF

You're alive!!! *tacklehugs* Thanks so much for taking care of these.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

P__

« Reply #650 on: July 23, 2018, 04:31:43 AM »
Add all the images \o/
Maybe we can do/dig up a thread to post the links to images or series of images ;)
I'm happy to contribute the Silent Senshi (AKA "Sailor Lalli and the Silent Scouts"; see my profile pic for a sample) That I colored form the lineart @Trinka made, if she's fine with it  (she also did lines for a chunk the support team)

(ETA: Hurray for tagging people in posts [edit again: didn't seem to work, did I do something wrong?]. Trinka hasn't been active in 2 years, but should be reachable elsewhere)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 04:39:41 AM by P__ »
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #651 on: July 23, 2018, 08:27:13 AM »

Cool! Is there a way to add a line of text to credit the author? The images currently in use are not credited.
Also, this is obviously a way to give visibility to fan artists. If anyone thinks it's problematic for us to "use" the comic in this way, speak up now before it's implemented! I think word about this should be spread in the SSSS art museum. I intend to make a post about it once we figure out if there is a possibility to credit artists.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #652 on: July 24, 2018, 03:27:41 AM »
Speaking of the vote thingie, were there any changes to it? Lately, the reward image tends to pop up a split second before my browser opens the new tab to display the TWC page in, spoiling the "reward effect" somewhat ... :squirrelcookie:
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #653 on: January 04, 2019, 06:57:36 PM »
Speaking of the vote thingie, were there any changes to it? Lately, the reward image tends to pop up a split second before my browser opens the new tab to display the TWC page in, spoiling the "reward effect" somewhat ... :squirrelcookie:
No.  You know what, I'm going to go post something over on the main board.  I second Sc0ut's suggestion about artist credit, but perhaps in the short run, we can get teh artists to add that attribution themselves when they crop and resize the image(s) for consideration.
But before I do that: What are the general criteria for these reward images?  I tried to submit one, but it was viewed either as ginormous or unreadably tiny, so I for one would appreciate the specs for rejigging it?

I would also like to humbly request emojis of Kitty, Hannu and Ville to add to the set - dunno who made the crew emojis we have?
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #654 on: March 30, 2019, 12:11:31 PM »
Umm...so what's with the new look?
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #655 on: March 30, 2019, 12:31:13 PM »
Oh good, I'm not the only one seeing this?
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

steadfastjewel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: they / them / theirs
« Reply #656 on: March 30, 2019, 12:45:01 PM »
suddenly...minimalism? i'm glad i'm not the only one seeing it  :))

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
« Reply #657 on: March 30, 2019, 12:52:19 PM »
This is the forum's old theme, I set it back to this one while I fix the main one I just broke, while taking off winter decorations.
The current one will be back up soon.

Sorry guys! :-[
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #658 on: March 30, 2019, 01:06:23 PM »
This is the forum's old theme, I set it back to this one while I fix the main one I just broke, while taking off winter decorations.
The current one will be back up soon.

Sorry guys! :-[

Glad to know the reason. Good luck with the fixing!

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
« Reply #659 on: March 30, 2019, 01:20:41 PM »
Aaand we're back.

I'm still terribly embarrassed about it, but hey it's working!