Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580941 times)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #2145 on: March 20, 2016, 08:12:33 PM »
Welcome princesscochlea! You'll fit right in here. Have fun exploring the Forum - language threads, craft threads, and of course the scriptorium and poetry threads for writers. Welcome!
Edit: Also, redheads rule!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2146 on: March 20, 2016, 08:17:41 PM »
Oh, welcome princesscochlea!  Pull up a chair and have some cookies
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #2147 on: March 20, 2016, 08:36:06 PM »
Welcome spookylalli/batman! I think I've seen you around the chat a few times. :)

And welcome again (officially) to princesscochlea! I also make cyborg jokes about myself because I have an insulin pump, so heck yes for cyborgs! (You would probably last longer than me in the event of the Rash apocalypse, but let's just hope that never really happens, haha.) Anyway, I'm sure you'll fit right in here, it's great to have you! :))
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #2148 on: March 20, 2016, 09:18:48 PM »
Big welcome to Spookylalli! We've seen each other in chat, it's nice to have you here too. < 3

And also welcome to princesscochlea! Haaa, we sure do have a lot of people here who are Tolkien fans : D (I'm one myself, though more on the casual end, I don't participate in the fandom really).
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2149 on: March 20, 2016, 11:43:39 PM »
Welcome to all you newcomers! :D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #2150 on: March 21, 2016, 04:37:57 PM »
uhh hey im batman on the ssss chatroom and THOR on disqus!! i found ssss by scrolling through hiveworks and i liked how minna shaded reynir's face... been reading ever since!!  8)
Aiiiii you finally made it here :). Welcome to the board.
And to all the newcomers who did not get the offer yet:
take some :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: and some blankets to cuddle into.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

aliien

• Super-Newbie
  • pavs crying corner
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2151 on: March 22, 2016, 08:40:12 AM »
hello! call me aliien or pavs, im new to the fan forum but i've been reading SSSS since chapter one.

im interested in actually starting to contribute because the fandom (on the fan forum at least) seems to discuss language/linguistics a lot, and i've always been interested in foreign languages, so finding that section of the forum was great.

my native language is english, and i studied french 3 years, very sporadically for the first 2 (ie: i was studying it in an american public high school so that i could graduate and only learned the bare minimum to get an A or B in the class), but more seriously as of late since i developed in actual interest in it. ive also studied other languages (also very sporadically) with somewhat less dedication. at one point i changed my target language from french to german, then back to french, because german is hard.

I don't really have anything else to say about myself 
:\
:chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:

Fluent: :usa:
Okay: :france:
Learning: :sweden: :ireland: :germany:
It Happened Once in a Dream: :russia: :wales: :finland: :norway: :denmark: :netherlands:
Wishlist: All Of Them. Literally Every Language.

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2152 on: March 22, 2016, 10:02:19 AM »
hello! call me aliien or pavs, im new to the fan forum but i've been reading SSSS since chapter one.

im interested in actually starting to contribute because the fandom (on the fan forum at least) seems to discuss language/linguistics a lot, and i've always been interested in foreign languages, so finding that section of the forum was great.

my native language is english, and i studied french 3 years, very sporadically for the first 2 (ie: i was studying it in an american public high school so that i could graduate and only learned the bare minimum to get an A or B in the class), but more seriously as of late since i developed in actual interest in it. ive also studied other languages (also very sporadically) with somewhat less dedication. at one point i changed my target language from french to german, then back to french, because german is hard.

I don't really have anything else to say about myself 
:\

Welcome aliien!  We're a friendly bunch.  Il y'a ici beaucoup des gens qui parle français.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Róisín

« Reply #2153 on: March 22, 2016, 10:20:23 AM »
Welcome pavs/aliien! As you may have noticed from the language thread, lots of people here speak lots of languages, and generally are willing to help others learn them. We're pretty friendly!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2154 on: March 22, 2016, 12:20:25 PM »
Welcome, aliien :) A cookie ? :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Shepherd

• Super-Newbie
  • A social-skill-lacking forest dweller with a cat.
« Reply #2155 on: March 25, 2016, 06:44:13 PM »
Hello all, I'm Shepherd (generally refereed to as 'Shep' or 'YOU') and I'm brand new to the fanforum as of today but have been reading these comics consistently since aRTD got rolling. So I figured it was time to lurk myself out of the shadows and engage with people since y'all seem like a pretty interesting lot.

I'm a 21 year old student of anthropology and art in various forms, hobby writer, and dabbler in various 'archaic' skill sets who lives in a hole in the woods with various creatures that walk, swim, scuttle, and fly and occasionally forgets what day it is.
Basically, you know that weird kid in school that didn't really talk but could occasionally be found under tables or in trees or communing with random pets and wildlife that wandered by an generally had some very foreign food item or facsimile of a medieval weapon made of sticks and twine on hand?
I was that kid.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2156 on: March 25, 2016, 06:55:31 PM »
Welcome among us, Shephered :) A cookie ? :squirrelcookie:
You seems to have been a marvelous kind of kid :) And an other writer, yay !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Róisín

« Reply #2157 on: March 25, 2016, 07:20:47 PM »
Hi and welcome, Shepherd. Some of us weird kids are here already......

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2158 on: March 25, 2016, 07:36:40 PM »
Welcome Shepherd! That is a skill set that a lot of people around here seem to have! ;)
(I am that kind of kid too. Wait a minute - antisocial kid who sits in trees? Are you Lalli? :)))
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Shepherd

• Super-Newbie
  • A social-skill-lacking forest dweller with a cat.
« Reply #2159 on: March 25, 2016, 08:38:07 PM »
Luth Nightbreeze
I'm more of a Scottish/Norwegian tank class, not a Finnish rouge ;D
Only antisocial until there's something to have a merry time walloping, drinking, or some poor soul familiar enough to tolerate random noises of varying volume and punching as a primary communication form (my brother can attest, poor boy).

Mélusine
I'll be a dead body walking before I turn down a cookie. And yes a writer, one that may or may not be (most definitely will be) contributing via that medium with gusto.
... Also don't you share your name with a water spirit? It feels familiar.

Róisín
Well birds of a feather and all that, glad to be among my kind!