Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581104 times)

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #2100 on: March 07, 2016, 07:45:14 AM »
so, uh, yo, I'm Alizarin, and I'm ... completely freaking terrified of introducing myself of this forum? Not because the fandom seems unfriendly. You don't, I promise! But I'm a very boring person, and seem to suffer extreme (internet-only) communication anxiety when entering a virtual place so full of smart people who know cool things.

I felt exactly the same and everyone made me very welcome here. My seal will play for you the song of its people *toot toot!*
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2101 on: March 07, 2016, 07:55:50 AM »
Welcome among us, alizarin :) You're certainly not boring, don't worry, take your time, hide if you find a corner but we're good at staying in corners sometimes so it might be difficult to find an empty one and take a cookie :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2102 on: March 07, 2016, 09:22:48 AM »
aaaaah man i haven't welcomed people in so long but!! welcome everybody!! it's great to see all you all and i have no doubt you'll fit in just fine. i hope you all have a great time here!!  (´▽`)ﻭ✧
YEET

IKEA

« Reply #2103 on: March 07, 2016, 02:57:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum alizarin! Great to have you here!

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #2104 on: March 07, 2016, 04:12:50 PM »
YESSS book club! (We do have a books thread, if you ever feel like chatting about them).
Booksbooksbooksbooksbooks :D

Er, hi?

so, uh, yo, I'm Alizarin, and I'm ... completely freaking terrified of introducing myself of this forum? Not because the fandom seems unfriendly. You don't, I promise! But I'm a very boring person, and seem to suffer extreme (internet-only) communication anxiety when entering a virtual place so full of smart people who know cool things.

anyway. I am an almost-Sigrun's-age lazy American lady, who started reading SSSS late in October. I've posted in the comments ... quite a bit, according to disqus. (I'm smasha aliz there. I think I managed to sneak in relatively unnoticed, though.  ;)) And I've lurked in this forum at least since November, registered my account in December, and am still really really close to deleting this post and retreating.

I'm fairly nice sometimes! Please don't mind my arrival!
Welcome welcome, fellow newbie! Though I'm still newer to you in all but posting on the forum...
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2105 on: March 07, 2016, 04:13:36 PM »
Booksbooksbooksbooksbooks :D

We also had a book club last summer. Maybe if enough people are interested we can get it up and running again.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2106 on: March 07, 2016, 10:28:22 PM »
Welcome, fellow newbies! I hope you'll feel at home in no time. :)

And also thanks for the welcomes that came in since I last checked this thread - it already feels like I've been here forever! :D (Is that a good sign? I'm really not sure...)
Fluent: :germany: :uk:
Alright: :spain: :france:
I try: :vaticancity: :norway: :turkey: :ireland: :sign: Yiddish
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

~Rule no.1: Don't question the Sgru!~

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2107 on: March 08, 2016, 03:20:49 AM »
I've not done a lot of greeting of late, but a large welcome to our newbies and by-now-not-so-newbies! *gestures at the SSSS Scriptorium* I can recommend many of the most splendid fanfics throughout the Forum, no need to stay in a corner! *gestures at the Fan Art* You never know how your fellow Minnions will inspire you. *gestures at the Yarncrafters Club* We're an engaging bunch. *gestures at the Perssssonas child board* You may find yourself quite at home in the Known World and/or the Silent World.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Dverghamrar

• Tumblr
  • Disciple of Katla
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2108 on: March 09, 2016, 08:17:24 AM »
Hello! I have been a fan for a little less than a month. I have heard of the webcomic a few times before over the past few months, but finally decided to read it at the suggestion of my dear friend Elleth. :) I love everything from the worldbuilding, the mythos (the magic!), the monsters, and the character dynamics, just to name a few. Reynir and Lalli are among my favorites both individually and as a dynamic I enjoy exploring as a couple (mages!), although I also am fascinated by the Prologue characters. I don't know which character I'm most like. Sometimes a Reynir, sometimes a Lalli...which gives an odd but accurate idea of me?

In the real world, I live in the Windy City of the United States and work in the medical field. My other great passion is writing, and I have been steadily developing a massive fictional universe with its own self-contained mythos/languages/history/etc. It probably goes without saying I'm also a huge fan of Tolkien as so many of our interests align, though I  enjoy more sci-fi in my own mythos! :) Other interests include books, mythologies (especially anything about the moon), spirituality, music, languages, pharmacology, and...a few other things from a long list I won't bore you all with. :)

I also have accounts on other sites (AO3, Tumblr, etc), but I usually don't link to them together; but you are free to ask about them privately!

I do not know how active I will be around here on the boards, but I am so glad to have found the world of SSSS! :)
♫ ♪ Sharing secrets with another world
Rubbing shoulders with some unknown lovers
♪ ♫
:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
AO3 (Mageverse) | Twitter | Tumblr
Fluent: :usa:
Various degrees of fluency: :arableague: :mexico: :japan: :italy:
Now acquiring: :germany:
Wishlist: :iceland::finland:
O

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #2109 on: March 09, 2016, 09:21:58 AM »
Hello! I have been a fan for a little less than a month. I have heard of the webcomic a few times before over the past few months, but finally decided to read it at the suggestion of my dear friend Elleth. :)

Eeeee, you're here! Welcome to the board, love! (Just you wait, I'll drag you in deeper yet! :D)

And of course welcome to the other introductionees, too! Grey-cat, phantasma and alizarin, greetings from a fellow newbie! You all sound great!
Á tarë quildë, á harë tínë.

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

:germany: (native) :uk: (fluent) :vaticancity: (had to) :spain: (okay) :denmark: (learning) :france: (learning)

Mélusine

« Reply #2110 on: March 09, 2016, 09:42:14 AM »
Welcome, Dverghamrar :) I'm sure you'll find interesting threads here or there on the forum. A cookie ? :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #2111 on: March 09, 2016, 09:44:20 AM »
Hello! I have been a fan for a little less than a month.

(snip)

I do not know how active I will be around here on the boards, but I am so glad to have found the world of SSSS! :)

Hello! /o/ Always nice to see more people around. Who knows, maybe you'll be more active than you think? : D There are a lot of Tolkien fans here, so you're in good company. < 3
I'm always happy to see other people who like the Prologue characters. That part of the comic has so many possibilities for exploration - not that the main timeline doesn't, but it's so different from the rest of the story.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Grey-cat

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: hers her she
« Reply #2112 on: March 09, 2016, 09:54:05 AM »
Hello! I have been a fan for a little less than a month. I have heard of the webcomic a few times before over the past few months, but finally decided to read it at the suggestion of my dear friend Elleth. :)

(snip)

Hi there, Drverghamrar, and welcome! I'm pretty new to the forum myself, but don't worry, everyone here is very friendly and helpful. I see you're a world-builder--so am I! (although most of it's still in my head instead of on paper T.T) Glad to meet a fellow culture nerd, and good luck in your travels of Minna's new-world culture adventure! XD

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2113 on: March 09, 2016, 10:03:19 AM »
Welcome  Dverghamrar!  Have some cookies :)  (They're the best, really!)
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #2114 on: March 09, 2016, 05:24:27 PM »
Welcome Dverghamrar!
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: