Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580980 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #2070 on: March 03, 2016, 05:12:58 AM »
Hi! People said I should come here, so I did! I am very very new, please treat me kindly!
My name is Grey-cat (obviously) and I am only as old as my writing craze, before which I had no life. Besides telling stories, I enjoy making art and listening to music. I am American, and I know a teensy-weensy amount of French. Right now I'm learning Finnish, a hobby entirely inspired by Lalli's awesomness.
Other than that, I'm kinda shy, and I've only just gotten around to joining the SSSS community, but so far everyone's been so nice! Thank-you for your kindness! :)
Un peu de français ? Alors, bienvenue, Grey-cat :)
You'll see, the community is nice and you're not the only one introducing and saying being shy ^^ Do you want some cookies ? :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: (My real ones are not ready yet.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2071 on: March 03, 2016, 09:28:24 AM »
Welcome, Grey-cat.  We're a friendly bunch. I don't think we've eaten anyone in the past few months (and why would we, when there are so many delicious cookies to be had?).
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Grey-cat

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: hers her she
« Reply #2072 on: March 03, 2016, 09:31:19 AM »
Thanks, guys, for your advice and cookies and for not eating me! A question, though, is there a way to reply directly to one person here on the forum? I haven't found a button for it yet. XP

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2073 on: March 03, 2016, 09:37:04 AM »
Thanks, guys, for your advice and cookies and for not eating me! A question, though, is there a way to reply directly to one person here on the forum? I haven't found a button for it yet. XP

I don't believe you can tag other users directly in BBCode.  You COULD just PM someone.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #2074 on: March 03, 2016, 09:37:40 AM »

There isn't really a way to reply directly in a thread. So, usually people just quote the post instead. Or a PM is fine too if you want to keep the conversation only between two people.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Grey-cat

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: hers her she
« Reply #2075 on: March 03, 2016, 09:46:41 AM »
There isn't really a way to reply directly in a thread. So, usually people just quote the post instead. Or a PM is fine too if you want to keep the conversation only between two people.
Thanks. I'll remember that. :)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2076 on: March 03, 2016, 10:10:51 AM »
Welcome, Grey-cat! I hope we'll see more of you on the Forum. I had a chuckle at your name, because my household used to be graced by a feline named Greycat, who was one of the most ladylike creatures I have ever known, of any species!
Hope you'll enjoy our community!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #2077 on: March 03, 2016, 11:49:50 AM »

Some of us also put people's names in bold tags if we're not quoting them or are replying to several people at once, just to make it easier to spot the names. So for instance:

I'm really behind on welcoming people, oops! Welcome to the forum Grey-cat, Elleth, WaytoomanyUIDs, and tamaerchen! I've interacted with a few of you on other threads or on Disqus, but have an official greeting too! :))
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #2078 on: March 03, 2016, 03:44:02 PM »
Welcome to Grey_cat, tamaerchen, Elleth and whoever else I may have missed along the way!
Great to see new members, and while I'm sure many of you have already seen, we've got an affiliated IRC channel at #ssss through Quakenet if any of you feel like a chat.
See you all around!

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #2079 on: March 06, 2016, 04:43:51 PM »
Hello! I discovered the SSSS comic 2.5(?) weeks ago when I read the entire thing in a day I had off of school instead of being more productive (I have no regrets), and have been lurking around but decided to actually post something for once. So hi there! I am an American student from the East Coast who is taking Spanish classes, attempting to teach herself German, and has delusions of learning Welsh. XD I frequently use abbreviations, so feel free to ask about those if you don't know what they mean. I either ramble on and on or not at all and either speak, or in this case write, fairly formally or incredibly casually. Sometimes I alternate in the same message. I blame the professors who raised me. I love to read and pretend I can draw well and am a very boring person. I have a deviantArt but am nervous about it so chose a completely different name for this b/c socially awkward and afraid of showing terribad artwork. I am currently caught up with SSSS, nowhere near caught up with aRTD, and trying to juggle the ridiculous amount of webcomics I am currently trying to stay updated on. Phantasma out! :)

//goes to hide in a corner
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Mélusine

« Reply #2080 on: March 06, 2016, 04:46:42 PM »
Welcome phantasma :) Please, don't hide in a corner (moreover I fear they are already taken by a few persons ^^), take a cookie ! :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #2081 on: March 06, 2016, 04:55:43 PM »
Welcome phantasma :) Please, don't hide in a corner (moreover I fear they are already taken by a few persons ^^), take a cookie ! :squirrelcookie:
Thank you! How did you know I love cookies! :D
//leaves a book in the corner just in case (no-one can steal my corner. It is mine. I have claimed it)
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Mélusine

« Reply #2082 on: March 06, 2016, 05:19:17 PM »
Thank you! How did you know I love cookies! :D
//leaves a book in the corner just in case (no-one can steal my corner. It is mine. I have claimed it)
*Coughs* Actually leaving a book might attract more persons in this corner ^^° The first person may be me.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2083 on: March 06, 2016, 06:06:04 PM »
Welcome, Phantasma! Hope we will see more of you on the forum.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

IKEA

« Reply #2084 on: March 06, 2016, 06:14:52 PM »
Greetings phantasma! Don't be shy, jump right in.