Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581005 times)

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #2055 on: February 27, 2016, 12:36:59 PM »
Alright, deep breath, und nochmal moin!

Some of you probably saw me flail around the disqus section in all my newbie glee. I found SSSS via a suggestion on FFA a bit more than a month ago and read aRTD on a weekend break shortly after. It's been a while since I got so completely hooked on anything that isn't Tolkien, which has been my main fandom for the last 15 years or so. And since I seem to be here to stay (I even started on my first SSSS fanfic last night, which means it's serious), it's about time I finally made my introduction on the forums.

About me... I'm a bit younger than Sigrun, from Northern Germany, tea-addict and happy servant to a four-footed purr machine. I studied English Literature & Linguistics and Classical Archaeology at Hamburg University, and am currently working as a teacher/translator/integration coach-y person (technical term, that!) for the refugees in my hometown. It's both lovely and emotionally taxing, which is probably one of the reasons I've fallen so hard for SSSS and been around so much. Nothing beats a cheery post-apocalypse webcomic with fantastic worldbuilding to sink my teeth into for escapism! :D Personality-wise I'm... a pretty exact replica of Tuuri - short, stubby, cheerful, prone to bouts of excitement and eeee-ness, (although my hair is longer and I wouldn't have the heart to tell little kids that they're adopted). Heh.

On the comic, the art blew me away first, then I fell in love with the world and the characters. Sigrun and Lalli are my faves of faves, while my faves are... the entire team and supporting cast; they all have aspects that I love to pieces - but I'm developing a whowly new appreciation of Onni... which, given the recent pages isn't a big surprise, I don't think.

Okay, I think that'll do. Happy to answer any questions, and happy to be here!  :)
Á tarë quildë, á harë tínë.

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

:germany: (native) :uk: (fluent) :vaticancity: (had to) :spain: (okay) :denmark: (learning) :france: (learning)

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #2056 on: February 27, 2016, 12:43:10 PM »
Welcome, Elleth! Greetings from a fellow FFA-goer. : D

I know what you mean about the whole cheerful post-apocalypse thing. SSSS is just so... cozy, somehow, even with all the creepy moments, and it's just so hopeful and uplifting.

(Also ahhh you've started writing something? What kind of something? Whatever it is, I am totally looking forward to that. *_* )

Anyway - looking forward to seeing you around here. < 3!
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2057 on: February 27, 2016, 12:58:22 PM »
Welcome Elleth :) Tea, cookies ? :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
(Ah, archaeology ! I miss my classes sometimes...)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

cati

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • ≁❀ | aguacatillo
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her(s)
« Reply #2058 on: February 27, 2016, 03:05:07 PM »
Hi Elleth!

I'm... a pretty exact replica of Tuuri - short, stubby, cheerful, prone to bouts of excitement and eeee-ness, (although my hair is longer and I wouldn't have the heart to tell little kids that they're adopted). 

And you do love Sigrun, excellent.

I expect I've been happily second-hand-enjoying your commentary on FFA and might have even comented once or twice.

(And yeah, I need to do a re-read now that I feel so so much more about Onni, heh.)
Native: :uk: :spain:
Can use without dying of self-consciousness: :uk:
Read: :faroe: :norway: Old Icelandic, Old English
Just enough for Eurovision coverage: :sweden:
Guiltily need to get back to studying, please slap me with an appropriate wet fish: :finland: :japan:
Unintended surprising partial osmosis: :estonia: :denmark:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #2059 on: February 27, 2016, 04:01:18 PM »

Moinmoin

*handsome"Ostfriesentee"*

Welcome on board (so many north germany now, there must be a nest somewhere)
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2060 on: February 27, 2016, 04:55:14 PM »
Good to have you on board, Elleth. I've been enjoying your comments in Disqus.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2061 on: February 27, 2016, 05:20:27 PM »
Alright, deep breath, und nochmal moin!
[snip]
Okay, I think that'll do. Happy to answer any questions, and happy to be here!  :)

Welcome! Seems you'll fit in well around here! (Tolkien fan, you say? Good....)  ;D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2062 on: February 27, 2016, 11:57:03 PM »
I already love it here! :D (But I'm not surprised tbh.)

(From someone who is also rather new.)

It's good to see that there's still space for new people and that I'm not the only one. :)

Fluent: :germany: :uk:
Alright: :spain: :france:
I try: :vaticancity: :norway: :turkey: :ireland: :sign: Yiddish
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

~Rule no.1: Don't question the Sgru!~

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2063 on: February 28, 2016, 12:38:36 AM »
Welcome, tamaerchen and Elleth!
(I see you trying to sneak that Quenya by in your signature, Ell. I see you. You'll fit right in. :D)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2064 on: February 29, 2016, 01:39:05 PM »
Welcome, welcome Elleth!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #2065 on: February 29, 2016, 06:19:37 PM »
Randomly swinging through the introduction thread as I am wont to do.

Welcome Dire, Crumpite, Hedge, IKEA, Niddy, WaytoomanyUIDs, tamaerchen, Elleth and anyone else I may have missed! *toot toot!*
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #2066 on: March 02, 2016, 04:46:26 PM »
Aw, thank you guys so much for the warm welcomes! :)
Á tarë quildë, á harë tínë.

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

:germany: (native) :uk: (fluent) :vaticancity: (had to) :spain: (okay) :denmark: (learning) :france: (learning)

Grey-cat

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: hers her she
« Reply #2067 on: March 02, 2016, 09:16:26 PM »
Hi! People said I should come here, so I did! I am very very new, please treat me kindly!
My name is Grey-cat (obviously) and I am only as old as my writing craze, before which I had no life. Besides telling stories, I enjoy making art and listening to music. I am American, and I know a teensy-weensy amount of French. Right now I'm learning Finnish, a hobby entirely inspired by Lalli's awesomness.
Other than that, I'm kinda shy, and I've only just gotten around to joining the SSSS community, but so far everyone's been so nice! Thank-you for your kindness! :)

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #2068 on: March 02, 2016, 09:27:15 PM »
Hi! People said I should come here, so I did! I am very very new, please treat me kindly!
My name is Grey-cat (obviously) and I am only as old as my writing craze, before which I had no life. Besides telling stories, I enjoy making art and listening to music. I am American, and I know a teensy-weensy amount of French. Right now I'm learning Finnish, a hobby entirely inspired by Lalli's awesomness.
Other than that, I'm kinda shy, and I've only just gotten around to joining the SSSS community, but so far everyone's been so nice! Thank-you for your kindness! :)

Welcome, Grey-cat!
Finnish is an awesome language! A biiiit too difficult for me, though (I had to give up on it). Good luck with it. : D
Looking forward to seeing you around the forum! /o/
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

IKEA

« Reply #2069 on: March 02, 2016, 10:27:47 PM »
Head on over to the Language Board, they have a Finnish learning group. Bienvenue!