Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581007 times)

IKEA

Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #2025 on: February 20, 2016, 05:56:51 PM »
Thanks guys! I'm not one to pass up free cookies, but why are they made of squirrel? Is this some new culinary adventure?

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #2026 on: February 20, 2016, 06:03:20 PM »
Thanks guys! I'm not one to pass up free cookies, but why are they made of squirrel? Is this some new culinary adventure?
Actually squirrel cookies exist in a superposition of either being shaped like, made by, or made from squirrels...
Currently research is going on that whether collapsing the confection function by taking a bite can leave only just one option or more than one in place :o
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

G0vnah

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hi. I'm G0vnah, or Stanley, or Stan. Whichever.
« Reply #2027 on: February 20, 2016, 10:21:27 PM »
... believe it or not, this one wasn't in the hoard yet.

Oh gosh that's perfect!
ABOUT ME: INTJ; Writer/Filmmaker/Storyteller/Animator/Musician; Coffee Addict; Christian Fundamentalist; Pizza lover; Fan of Sweeney Todd (esp. the 2001 Concert Version); American, English speaker; Used to know Spanish; Want to learn Spanish (again), Gaelic, Irish, German, Russian... heck, anything, really; Chances of actually finding time to learn another language: slim to none; Sci Fi Geek; Film Geek; Fantasy Geek; "Steveles" on Fanfiction.net; KS City Chiefs Fan

saminiemi

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2028 on: February 21, 2016, 02:12:30 AM »
You are familiar with Minna's previous work, A Red Tails Dream. She calls it her practice work, but it is just perfect. Lots of animals there. I have always had the idea that the squirrel theme comes from there. Minnions here tend to go back to it during the chapter breaks and whenever SSSS gets too scary.

Hedge

• Tumblr
« Reply #2029 on: February 22, 2016, 09:47:38 AM »
... believe it or not, this one wasn't in the hoard yet.

Brilliant.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #2030 on: February 23, 2016, 10:12:12 AM »

the squirrel cookies have a real life origin. I will not lift the entire mystery, but they are part of a cheering up and welcome culture. Some time back they came with blankets and hot tea, but we had to cut down on these due to lack of resources *nods*
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Niddy

• Super-Newbie
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: She
« Reply #2031 on: February 23, 2016, 11:17:46 AM »
Heyooo. I'm Niddy~ Also Known as Aslynn Ephemera (so many handles!) Been lurking SSSS for some time.

I'm an artist~ I play alot of MMORPG stuff. I love animals and obscure lore.

Nice to meet youuu~!

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2032 on: February 23, 2016, 11:27:42 AM »
Hi Niddy-welcome! Aslynn as in dream? Nice to meet you too, you sound as if you will fit right in!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2033 on: February 23, 2016, 11:44:08 AM »
*Bakes more cookies for new members* :squirrelcookie: Welcome, Niddy :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

IKEA

« Reply #2034 on: February 23, 2016, 02:15:29 PM »
Heyooo. I'm Niddy~ Also Known as Aslynn Ephemera (so many handles!) Been lurking SSSS for some time.

Nice to meet youuu~!
Welcome, bienvenue and bienvenido from another newbie!

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2035 on: February 23, 2016, 03:53:08 PM »
Welcome Niddy!  Glad you're here!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

G0vnah

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hi. I'm G0vnah, or Stanley, or Stan. Whichever.
« Reply #2036 on: February 23, 2016, 05:39:44 PM »

Nice to meet youuu~!
It's great to meet you too! :) I lurked for a while as well before deciding to jump in and comment and stuff.
ABOUT ME: INTJ; Writer/Filmmaker/Storyteller/Animator/Musician; Coffee Addict; Christian Fundamentalist; Pizza lover; Fan of Sweeney Todd (esp. the 2001 Concert Version); American, English speaker; Used to know Spanish; Want to learn Spanish (again), Gaelic, Irish, German, Russian... heck, anything, really; Chances of actually finding time to learn another language: slim to none; Sci Fi Geek; Film Geek; Fantasy Geek; "Steveles" on Fanfiction.net; KS City Chiefs Fan

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #2037 on: February 23, 2016, 10:10:23 PM »
Welcome Niddy! And also IKEA, I realized I thought I had welcomed you but I didn't. (I think I was trying to decide if I could introduce myself as another East Coaster, since I'm sort of more in the region where the East Coast blurs into the Midwest...and I forgot to ever submit the post. Oops!)

Anyway, good to have you both here!
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

WaytoomanyUIDs

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #2038 on: February 24, 2016, 12:47:46 PM »
Hi all,
I go by WaytoomanyUIDs on the interwebs most of the time. Been reading Stand Still Stay Silent for a long time, found it from an archive binge at A Redtail's Dream. Seen mention of it before that, but had written it off as a generic zombie comic. Signed up on the forums about a year ago and then forgot I'd done so.

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2039 on: February 24, 2016, 02:40:26 PM »
Hi all,
I go by WaytoomanyUIDs on the interwebs most of the time. Been reading Stand Still Stay Silent for a long time, found it from an archive binge at A Redtail's Dream. Seen mention of it before that, but had written it off as a generic zombie comic. Signed up on the forums about a year ago and then forgot I'd done so.

I won't wait a year to welcome you, though. So, welcome WaytoomanyUIDs!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy: