Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580894 times)

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #2010 on: February 18, 2016, 01:40:28 PM »
Welcome to the time sink Forum, Hedge!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Hedge

• Tumblr
« Reply #2011 on: February 18, 2016, 01:46:14 PM »
Cookies? Always.

And thank you guys :)

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #2012 on: February 18, 2016, 02:05:47 PM »
Welcome to the forum Hedge! Your icon is...very intense. O_O
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

G0vnah

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hi. I'm G0vnah, or Stanley, or Stan. Whichever.
« Reply #2013 on: February 18, 2016, 02:30:44 PM »
Hey, I'm new to the forum but I've been reading the comic since September.

Name's Toby but I tend to go by Hedge online.

I'm 26, British, former university dropout, currently a student again, like my sciences and languages.

Only really speak English well, but I've got some Portuguese, Spanish, and a smattering of French, German and Danish.

So, hey everyone.

Hello! And glad to meet you.
ABOUT ME: INTJ; Writer/Filmmaker/Storyteller/Animator/Musician; Coffee Addict; Christian Fundamentalist; Pizza lover; Fan of Sweeney Todd (esp. the 2001 Concert Version); American, English speaker; Used to know Spanish; Want to learn Spanish (again), Gaelic, Irish, German, Russian... heck, anything, really; Chances of actually finding time to learn another language: slim to none; Sci Fi Geek; Film Geek; Fantasy Geek; "Steveles" on Fanfiction.net; KS City Chiefs Fan

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2014 on: February 18, 2016, 05:33:32 PM »
Welcome, Hedge! I just got back from reading your fascinating article on genetics. Looking forward to many interesting conversations. Welcome!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #2015 on: February 19, 2016, 10:19:17 AM »
Welcome to all our newcomers :)

Speaking english well is helpfull in here and knowing some other languages will give you lots of fun on the language board.
Ayeeee time flies.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

IKEA

« Reply #2016 on: February 19, 2016, 10:44:09 PM »
Woohoo! Minnion #1001! Anyway, hi everybody. I discovered the comic a few months ago on TVTropes and was instantly hooked. I'm not currently reading it because I prefer to read chunks all at once, so when the next chapter break hits you'll probably see me posting about how cool it is.
I live on the US East Coast, like jazz and occasionally post on 4chan's /lit/ (literature) and /ck/ (cooking) boards. Great to be here!

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2017 on: February 19, 2016, 10:51:49 PM »
Woohoo! Minnion #1001! Anyway, hi everybody. I discovered the comic a few months ago on TVTropes and was instantly hooked. I'm not currently reading it because I prefer to read chunks all at once, so when the next chapter break hits you'll probably see me posting about how cool it is.
I live on the US East Coast, like jazz and occasionally post on 4chan's /lit/ (literature) and /ck/ (cooking) boards. Great to be here!

And all your posts come as flatpack? ;)

Welcome to the Forum!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

IKEA

« Reply #2018 on: February 19, 2016, 10:59:30 PM »
And all your posts come as flatpack? ;)

Welcome to the Forum!

Why yes they do! With a complimentary jar of lingonberry preserves.

G0vnah

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hi. I'm G0vnah, or Stanley, or Stan. Whichever.
« Reply #2019 on: February 19, 2016, 11:25:44 PM »
Awesome! Great to have you! I might add that I've been considering reading it in chunks as well, as that's how I prefer reading webcomics. In fact, I only binged on SSSS because at first I thought it was completed. Little did I know that that wasn't the case, and - BAM - update wall.
ABOUT ME: INTJ; Writer/Filmmaker/Storyteller/Animator/Musician; Coffee Addict; Christian Fundamentalist; Pizza lover; Fan of Sweeney Todd (esp. the 2001 Concert Version); American, English speaker; Used to know Spanish; Want to learn Spanish (again), Gaelic, Irish, German, Russian... heck, anything, really; Chances of actually finding time to learn another language: slim to none; Sci Fi Geek; Film Geek; Fantasy Geek; "Steveles" on Fanfiction.net; KS City Chiefs Fan

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #2020 on: February 19, 2016, 11:34:35 PM »

Hii! Great to have you here! o/
Literature and cooking, eh? Sounds like you'll fit in here very well, we've plenty of people into those kinds of things. : D
I usually prefer to read the comic in chunks as well. And that's how I read SSSS when I was catching up; chapter-by-chapter. But then I couldn't get enough of it... so regular updates it is. u3u
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2021 on: February 19, 2016, 11:36:10 PM »

Welcome, from another US east coaster! Have some cookies! /o/ :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2022 on: February 20, 2016, 04:16:30 AM »
Welcome, IKEA :) :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2023 on: February 20, 2016, 07:10:51 AM »
Hi, Ikea! Welcome from all-too-sunny Australia!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #2024 on: February 20, 2016, 05:29:31 PM »
Little did I know that that wasn't the case, and - BAM - update wall.
... believe it or not, this one wasn't in the hoard yet.

native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15