Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580854 times)

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1935 on: January 26, 2016, 10:58:34 PM »
Hello, MysteryClassic here! I used to have a profile on here and a disqus account, but I decided it might be better if I just start over with a new one! (Plus, changing passwords is a pain).

So uh, I'm currently the same age as Reynir and living in Canada. I'm also an introvert (shocking), so I probably won't be making posts here too often, just every now and then. I might occasionally put up some art if I'm in the mood to  ^-^

I honestly can't remember how I found ssss, I was wracking my brain last night trying to figure it out  ;D Hope this posted okay...

Heyo! /o/ Well, a lot of us are introverts here, so you're in good company. ;p
And hooray, another Canadian! We'll take over eventually, maybe. (Quietly. So subtly that nobody will notice until after.)
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1936 on: January 27, 2016, 09:09:22 AM »
I'm also an introvert (shocking), so I probably won't be making posts here too often, just every now and then. I might occasionally put up some art if I'm in the mood to  ^-^
We should count how much we have been to write something like that... ::)
Anyway, welcome MysteryClassic :) *Offers the traditional cookies* :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

spartandude

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1937 on: January 27, 2016, 12:02:28 PM »
Hello everyone! :)) I'm 39, from Wisconsin, USA (though moving to Texas in May). I work as a mechanical engineer. I can't remember how I found aRTD, but I think it was a banner ad in Schlockmercenary that had a pretty drawing in it. Started to read SSSS a few months ago and quickly caught up. I love Minna's style and different outlook/treatment of characters from most of the fiction I consume. Oh, and the most important thing in my life right now is my Son should be born in March. Woohoo! 8)

I don't speak any other language fluently though I studied Russian for a year (over two decades ago) and dabbled in level 1 Italian.

Oh, and no one describes me as introverted unless a party/gathering is too loud for me to understand what people are saying. Then I get super uncomfortable.
It's never cold enough.

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1938 on: January 27, 2016, 12:41:21 PM »
Welcome nack MysteryClassic and welcome spartandude!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1939 on: January 27, 2016, 01:07:08 PM »
And hooray, another Canadian! We'll take over eventually, maybe. (Quietly. So subtly that nobody will notice until after.)
shhh... You'll give us away... (Sorry we had to take you guys over btw)
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Mélusine

« Reply #1940 on: January 27, 2016, 04:46:02 PM »
Welcome spartandude :) :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1941 on: January 27, 2016, 06:38:32 PM »
shhh... You'll give us away... (Sorry we had to take you guys over btw)
I, for one, welcome our new Canadian overlords. Surely you can run this stupid place better than we can. Have fun with the Tea Partyers.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1942 on: January 27, 2016, 06:42:18 PM »

*dangles the Canuck lure hopefully*
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1943 on: January 27, 2016, 06:53:12 PM »
I, for one, welcome our new Canadian overlords. Surely you can run this stupid place better than we can. Have fun with the Tea Partyers.

Yes! I don't know why Canada would want to be in charge of our mess, honestly, but they're welcome to it.

Also...I've been remiss in welcoming people. So welcome to the forum, MysteryClassic, spartandude, G0vnah, and moonamaija! And welcome back princeofdoom!
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1944 on: January 27, 2016, 07:08:20 PM »

It's all been planned out
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1945 on: January 27, 2016, 08:00:41 PM »
All polite and submissive non-Canadians will be welcomed into our fold come our time of ultimate tyranny! Those who show automatic obedience to perceived authority, a fondness for a Tims double-double, and/or demonstrate a tendency for self-effacing introspection are especially assured of Canadian citizenship once our annexation begins.

Phew, I think this means I'm safe.

Welcome to all the new people!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Regolith247

• DeviantArt
  • Prepare for Lunacy
« Reply #1946 on: January 31, 2016, 09:38:59 PM »
 I'm Regolith. I'm a first year Mechanical Engineering student, aviation enthusiast, hobbyist writer, and dedicated Minnion from back in the aRTD days. This is maybe my second time actually posting in the forum, so hey guys!
"It's easy to believe in something when you win all the time... The losses are what defines a mans faith."
-Brandon Sanderson, The Well of Ascension

G0vnah

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hi. I'm G0vnah, or Stanley, or Stan. Whichever.
« Reply #1947 on: January 31, 2016, 10:17:59 PM »
I'm Regolith. I'm a first year Mechanical Engineering student, aviation enthusiast, hobbyist writer, and dedicated Minnion from back in the aRTD days. This is maybe my second time actually posting in the forum, so hey guys!
Hello! Nice to meet your acquaintance. Mechanical Engineering, huh? Forgive my ignorance, but what is the difference between that and general Engineering? I'm curious, but never asked anyone before.
ABOUT ME: INTJ; Writer/Filmmaker/Storyteller/Animator/Musician; Coffee Addict; Christian Fundamentalist; Pizza lover; Fan of Sweeney Todd (esp. the 2001 Concert Version); American, English speaker; Used to know Spanish; Want to learn Spanish (again), Gaelic, Irish, German, Russian... heck, anything, really; Chances of actually finding time to learn another language: slim to none; Sci Fi Geek; Film Geek; Fantasy Geek; "Steveles" on Fanfiction.net; KS City Chiefs Fan

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1948 on: January 31, 2016, 10:29:55 PM »
Hi, Reg! I know there are a few other aviation peeps here (I'm waffling around the edges of that interest, it's really cool but I'm not super super invested). What do you think of Mechanical? I'm trying to decide between doing that or Aerospace when I go to college (next school year).

Also, G0vnah, Mechanical is sort of the general Engineering when you want to distinguish it from, say Civil (bridges, sewers, etc.) or Electrical. It more has to do with "how do these pieces that could be part of anything interact and move together?"
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1949 on: January 31, 2016, 10:34:31 PM »
Hi Regolith, I hope you'll be more in the conversations on the Forum, since you've introduced yourself.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!