Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581231 times)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1905 on: January 23, 2016, 09:02:12 PM »
Moonamaija: welcome! You've probably already noticed that we have threads for mythology, folklore, magic and the like. Looking forward to interesting conversations!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1906 on: January 24, 2016, 03:46:04 AM »
Welcome, Moonamaija :) (Medieval re-enactment, such a good idea ! *Was doing that too before moving*)
Oh, I was about to forgot : cookies ? :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

moonamaija

• Tumblr
« Reply #1907 on: January 24, 2016, 08:32:27 AM »
Yuuago: /HUG!! It's good to be here with yuu, too :)

Róisín: Ohh yes I noticed and lurked til like 5 am last night, oops :D

Mélusine: Ahh yes re-enactment was the closest term I could come up with for it, but the thing I do is kind of more about fighting (with padded weapons) than roleplaying. A short video if you are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC-nruq6dGA Also /eats ALL the cookies, nom and thank you!
But Crowley remembered what Heaven was like, and it had quite a few things in common with Hell. You couldn't get a decent drink in either of them, for a start. And the boredom you got in Heaven was almost as bad as the excitement you got in Hell.

Róisín

« Reply #1908 on: January 24, 2016, 08:39:48 AM »
Moonamaija: was your fighting SCA or similar? I was a live-steel fighter myself, though I've done a little SCA. More New Varangian Guard, Viking Society and such. It was fun!

moonamaija

• Tumblr
« Reply #1909 on: January 24, 2016, 08:50:22 AM »
Róisín: Yeah, I think SCA is pretty similar. The term we use is boffering, and the weapons are boffers, because we never use real weapons - even the shields are padded. It's the toned down safety first -version :D I think the standards for the padding are stricter in Finland than rest of Europe. But idk, I think it's awesome to be able to fight full contact without breaking people :D I've always thought Viking Society people look so cool!
But Crowley remembered what Heaven was like, and it had quite a few things in common with Hell. You couldn't get a decent drink in either of them, for a start. And the boredom you got in Heaven was almost as bad as the excitement you got in Hell.

Róisín

« Reply #1910 on: January 24, 2016, 09:08:29 AM »
Ah, yes. I'm familiar with boffer fighting, though I don't do it myself. There are some local groups that do.

moonamaija

• Tumblr
« Reply #1911 on: January 24, 2016, 09:28:16 AM »
Oh, cool then! I'm way too used to explaining my hobbies, it seems :D

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #1912 on: January 24, 2016, 02:46:00 PM »
ohhh, so many interesting people joining the board =).

noémie your nick is close to my first name :), people always tried to call me by that version, especially teachers, but eh. They learned over time.

and moonamaija your hobbies sound interesting indeed! Good luck with the Thesis!
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1913 on: January 25, 2016, 08:04:25 AM »
Big SSSS welcome to noemie and moonamaija!

(For the latter, any chance you'll be in Tampere for Finncon this summer?)
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

moonamaija

• Tumblr
« Reply #1914 on: January 25, 2016, 11:51:11 AM »
Thank you kjeks and urbicande!

urbicande: I haven't considered that, but chances are that I could... We'll see, I guess :)

Mélusine

« Reply #1915 on: January 25, 2016, 12:04:49 PM »
I just noticed your signature, moonamaija... Good Omens ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

moonamaija

• Tumblr
« Reply #1916 on: January 25, 2016, 01:51:06 PM »
I just noticed your signature, moonamaija... Good Omens ?
Hehs, yes, of course! Nicely spotted :) That's obvs my all time favorite book but also like the only quote I know by heart.

Mélusine

« Reply #1917 on: January 25, 2016, 02:01:58 PM »
Hehs, yes, of course! Nicely spotted :) That's obvs my all time favorite book but also like the only quote I know by heart.
It only took me so much time because Crowley isn't his name in the French translation ;) *Loves Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett*

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #1918 on: January 26, 2016, 05:46:20 AM »
This is more of a re-introduction since I was here and then life happened for a while.

But I'm Teagan, I'm living in Utah and hope to stay in one spot for a while. I like languages and mythology, writing, Dubstep, and roleplaying. My ssssona is a Finnish scout named Ilmari Koskinen and he's pictured in my avatar. Unfortunately I don't remember right now who was the person who drew him for me, but I'm still very grateful. I'd like to get back into writing in general, but have several things to work out irl for now.
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #1919 on: January 26, 2016, 07:05:43 AM »
Welcome Noemie and Moonamaija (great avatar!) and welcome back Princeofdoom.

My seal will play for you the song of his people *Toot Toot Tootaly Toot*
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t