Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580956 times)

cati

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • ≁❀ | aguacatillo
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her(s)
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1845 on: January 08, 2016, 07:21:33 PM »
Hi, so, I'm Cati, and I started reading SSSS last week and yesterday I caught up all the way and now I'm here. I deeply love essentially absolutely everything about aRTD. SSSS is more, like, scary so it took a while to talk myself into reading it, but with all the language stuff and magic-working and amazing lovely characters (ok, so my favourites don't all have conventionally lovely personalities) it was really inevitable.

And thanks to jmf, Nimphy, and kjeks for already welcoming me and pointing me over to this thread!

Hmm. I'm 25, currently live in USA/Pennsylvania, student (linguistics), hopelessly flaky, have a great liking for dogs and dance and delicious fruit?
Native: :uk: :spain:
Can use without dying of self-consciousness: :uk:
Read: :faroe: :norway: Old Icelandic, Old English
Just enough for Eurovision coverage: :sweden:
Guiltily need to get back to studying, please slap me with an appropriate wet fish: :finland: :japan:
Unintended surprising partial osmosis: :estonia: :denmark:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1846 on: January 08, 2016, 07:28:40 PM »
Hi Cati, I think you'll fit right in here. We have an assortment of arts, crafts and writing threads on the Forum which I think you'll enjoy. Welcome!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1847 on: January 09, 2016, 04:18:53 AM »
Welcome cati :) *Gives the traditional cookies* :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #1848 on: January 09, 2016, 06:21:23 AM »
Hi, so, I'm Cati, and I started reading SSSS last week and yesterday I caught up all the way and now I'm here. I deeply love essentially absolutely everything about aRTD. SSSS is more, like, scary so it took a while to talk myself into reading it, but with all the language stuff and magic-working and amazing lovely characters (ok, so my favourites don't all have conventionally lovely personalities) it was really inevitable.

And thanks to jmf, Nimphy, and kjeks for already welcoming me and pointing me over to this thread!

Hmm. I'm 25, currently live in USA/Pennsylvania, student (linguistics), hopelessly flaky, have a great liking for dogs and dance and delicious fruit?

Ohh linguistics you say! You might like The Language Board then. As you got the cookies already, here is some *blankets* and some *bubblewrap*. Beware, people might want to steal the precious bubblewrap!
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Q

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: they
« Reply #1849 on: January 10, 2016, 09:38:16 PM »
Hi! Call me Q.

I'm not sure how active I'll be over here, I haven't used a forum in ages... But I wanted to register to be able to keep better track of forum posts - there's a lot of threads I'll be wanting to comb through in the near future! (...I realized this after already reading through the entire fanart thread and needing to know where I stopped off.) I found out about SSSS through friends talking about it, read it all in one night a couple weeks ago, and now I'm a little in love.

Besides that - I'm 23, American, my main interests are things like history, art history, geography, linguistics, planning, architecture, identity, and so on; I've fallen into a major special interest hole with the Nordic countries in general over the past year, too, so that's certainly part of the reason for SSSS's appeal! (My other significant fandom is Hetalia. Quite a different way of looking at the same areas, that's for sure.)

I like cats and coffee. I'm working on learning Norwegian but I'm slow.

Can I just, er, repost this? I'd like to try to stick around here this time. (1) I've been feeling socially disconnected lately and I'd like to meet people (2) It might be helpful to me to have an external reminder to read the comic more than once per ten days.

I'm still me, but I'm 24 now.
Fluent: :usa:
Conversational: :norway:
Forgot most of it and started over: :russia:
Maybe someday: :hungary: :japan: :finland: :iceland:

Róisín

« Reply #1850 on: January 10, 2016, 09:46:04 PM »
Hello again, Q! Welcome. Enjoy the forum and join in- we really don't bite!

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #1851 on: January 10, 2016, 11:31:33 PM »
Welcome newcomers and oldcomers come again!

*Toot toot*

(Yes, I'm sticking with the toot toot thing)
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1852 on: January 10, 2016, 11:39:16 PM »

Hooray, another Pennsylvanian! (I'm in Pittsburgh!) Welcome to the forum. :)
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1853 on: January 11, 2016, 12:18:38 AM »
Can I just, er, repost this? I'd like to try to stick around here this time. (1) I've been feeling socially disconnected lately and I'd like to meet people (2) It might be helpful to me to have an external reminder to read the comic more than once per ten days.

I'm still me, but I'm 24 now.

Do you mean my constant flailing about it on twitter/tumblr/DW isn't enough of a reminder? ;p
They're a lovely bunch here, so hopefully you'll stick around. < 3
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1854 on: January 11, 2016, 09:13:06 AM »
Welcome back, Q :) :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

loki

• Scout
  • santas goin NUTS
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1855 on: January 11, 2016, 03:13:05 PM »
welcome to everyone who's joined since i did.  yes, this is a real, genderfluid demigod greeting you.  feel honored.  or afraid.  but mostly honored. i hope to get to know some of you.
(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1856 on: January 11, 2016, 05:12:10 PM »
Welcome cati and welcome back Q!

Tea and cookies!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1857 on: January 11, 2016, 06:56:46 PM »
(Yes, I'm sticking with the toot toot thing)
Ah, memories ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Róisín

« Reply #1858 on: January 11, 2016, 11:16:33 PM »
JoB: Bwaaahahah! The kangaroo! The plastic hands! What *was* that?!?

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #1859 on: January 12, 2016, 08:24:43 AM »
Ah, memories ...

I... I... I am speechless. I am without speech.

I can only retaliate by throwing up some Split Enz and running away.

;)
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t