Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581060 times)

Jeran

• Super-Newbie
  • Preferred pronouns: Female pronouns are fine
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1815 on: January 01, 2016, 10:13:44 PM »
*pokes her head in*

Oh my god, it's been years since I was on a board like this! And this is such a big one! You'll have to bear with me while I get used to it. It may take a while, it really has been years...

I'm Rachel, codename Jeran. I've been using my real name in comments on the comic because it links with my G+, and I figure I'll just go along with it until I write something I don't want the rest of the world to look up later during my bid for the presidency. Since that's highly unlikely, I think we're good. And since connectivity is what it is, I live in Philadelphia in America and I just had a birthday which makes me a year younger than Sigrun. There, you now have everything you need to steal my identity. Please don't!  :-[ ;D

I came on here because I want to hear more of the theories of what's going on in the comic, so I'll be strolling through the archives for a while. And judging by the size of some of these threads, it really will be a while... :o

Anyway, HI!

EDIT: And to read the fanfics... ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:24:15 PM by Jeran »
Under Construction

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1816 on: January 01, 2016, 10:47:43 PM »
*pokes her head in*

Oh my god, it's been years since I was on a board like this! And this is such a big one! You'll have to bear with me while I get used to it. It may take a while, it really has been years...

I'm Rachel, codename Jeran. I've been using my real name in comments on the comic because it links with my G+, and I figure I'll just go along with it until I write something I don't want the rest of the world to look up later during my bid for the presidency. Since that's highly unlikely, I think we're good. And since connectivity is what it is, I live in Philadelphia in America and I just had a birthday which makes me a year younger than Sigrun. There, you now have everything you need to steal my identity. Please don't!  :-[ ;D

I came on here because I want to hear more of the theories of what's going on in the comic, so I'll be strolling through the archives for a while. And judging by the size of some of these threads, it really will be a while... :o

Anyway, HI!

Welcome, Jeran!  You can find practically everything SSSS-related here, from humor, fanfic, and art to practically NSA-level analysis of every last aspect of the comic.  The General Discussion board also offers non-SSSS discussions, games, activities, recipe swaps, etc. ... so if you had the problem of too much time on your hands before, you'll never have it again!   ;D

We really make an effort to be friendly and inclusive here.  So if you ever have a question, please don't hesitate to ask, whether in a Forum post or a PM to me or any of the other admins and staff.  The Help menu item above has a ton of useful tips and links to various parts of the Forum.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:49:25 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1817 on: January 01, 2016, 10:58:49 PM »
*pokes her head in*

Anyway, HI!

Hooray, another Pennsylvanian!! (I live in Pittsburgh :) ). Welcome to the forum, it's great to have you here.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1818 on: January 01, 2016, 11:17:25 PM »
Hi Jeran/Rachel, and welcome to the delightful chaos which is the Forum. They're really nice here, and endlessly interesting. Welcome!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1819 on: January 01, 2016, 11:22:23 PM »
*pokes her head in*

Anyway, HI!

Hi and welcome, Jeran! Care for any welcome cookies? :D

:squirrelcookie:
      :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
   :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
o/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1820 on: January 02, 2016, 05:00:03 AM »
Welcome among us, Jeran :) I'm used to offer cookies but Piney came with too many of them ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1821 on: January 02, 2016, 10:52:30 AM »

Welcome, Jeran!  We're a friendly bunch!

*waves from New York*
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #1822 on: January 02, 2016, 05:45:33 PM »
Welcome Jeran (and any other newcomers I might have missed). They (we?) are a friendly bunch here!
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Firefly_Lights

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1823 on: January 03, 2016, 09:44:28 PM »
Hello! I'm Firefly_Lights. I've been a reader for several months, but have finally joined the forum thanks to the nagging of my relentless (and wonderful) roommate, Ana Nymus.
(Ana, are you happy now?)

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #1824 on: January 03, 2016, 09:50:24 PM »
Hello! I'm Firefly_Lights. I've been a reader for several months, but have finally joined the forum thanks to the nagging of my relentless (and wonderful) roommate, Ana Nymus.

I AM VERY HAPPY!!!!!!

*showers Firefly with confetti and happiness*

Also, you get the traditional welcome food, squirrel cookies! /o/ :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

Glad to finally have you on board ^-^

(Psssst, guys. Just letting you know, Firefly is awesome ;) )
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Firefly_Lights

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1825 on: January 03, 2016, 09:56:49 PM »
Aww, thanks!

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1826 on: January 03, 2016, 10:23:21 PM »

(ノ◉ヮ◉)ノ :。・:*:・゚'☆
Whoo! Welcome, Firefly! Looking forward to having you around. Always great to have more people here. < 3 Especially if they're as awesome as Ana says. ; D
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Róisín

« Reply #1827 on: January 03, 2016, 10:24:13 PM »
Hi Firefly, and welcome here! Looking forward to knowing you better.

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #1828 on: January 04, 2016, 12:06:24 AM »
Welcome Firefly! *Toot toot*

(I have decided my seal welcomes people by playing *toot toot* on his pipes)
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Róisín

« Reply #1829 on: January 04, 2016, 02:11:19 AM »
What? Not piobareachd?