Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580968 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1755 on: December 14, 2015, 07:35:19 PM »
Since I not only commented on a couple of things, but also went to a RL meet-up yesterday, I guess I can't delay the introduction much longer...

So, erm... Hi?
AT LAST ! :D
;)

Edit : How could I forgot it : cookies ? :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1756 on: December 14, 2015, 08:05:18 PM »
Welcome, Aliax!! I hope you enjoy your time here :D
YEET

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1757 on: December 14, 2015, 09:35:31 PM »
Welcome Alliax! I've seen you in the comments and enjoyed your remarks. Hope you will have lots to say here.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1758 on: December 14, 2015, 11:54:46 PM »
Since I not only commented on a couple of things, but also went to a RL meet-up yesterday, I guess I can't delay the introduction much longer...

So, erm... Hi?

Ahh, one of the French folks! Hello! The meetup you all had sounded like so much fun.

-Weird Habit: I can post dozens of comments in a day, and then nothing for 3 weeks. Also, don't take it personally if I reply endlessly to you on a topic, and then abruptly drop out of the conversation. My brain only seems to know two modes (On and Off), and I generally can't control when it switches mode on which topic. Sorry :(
-Warning: Do NOT get me started on a topic I like, unless you like being hit by Walls Of Text.

Hooo, I know these feelings. : D Though fortunately my "off" periods are usually short, but... anyway. Someone who likes to post too-long text is always welcome!

Looking forward to seeing you around, I do hope. \o/
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #1759 on: December 15, 2015, 01:30:51 AM »
Welcome newcomers! They are quite nice around here, don't bite much and will offer you cookies. I suggest you take some.
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Aliax

« Reply #1760 on: December 15, 2015, 06:36:05 AM »

Thank you for the welcome, Curry, Róisín and Purple Wyrm :D

AT LAST ! :D
;)

Edit : How could I forgot it : cookies ? :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
:P :P :P

Are those cookies sugar-free ;) ?

Ahh, one of the French folks! Hello! The meetup you all had sounded like so much fun.

It was :) !

Hooo, I know these feelings. : D Though fortunately my "off" periods are usually short, but...

Mine used to be too, but lately they seem to be getting longer and longer :/

Someone who likes to post too-long text is always welcome!

Looking forward to seeing you around, I do hope. \o/

Thank you :) !

Mélusine

« Reply #1761 on: December 15, 2015, 06:57:39 AM »
Okay, I got it : I'll bake a kanelbullar for you next time, the recipe has less sugar inside ;)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #1762 on: December 15, 2015, 07:05:12 AM »
"There's not a single thing in these that any one of us can't eat. No lactose, no nuts, no apples, no cinnamon, and no gluten! And no raisins!" And no sugar!
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #1763 on: December 15, 2015, 07:17:19 AM »
"There's not a single thing in these that any one of us can't eat. No lactose, no nuts, no apples, no cinnamon, and no gluten! And no raisins!" And no sugar!

And no squirrels! Allegedly...
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Aliax

« Reply #1764 on: December 15, 2015, 07:45:15 AM »
Sooo... there's nothing at allin those cookies  ??? ? This sounds susssspicioussss to me  ;D

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1765 on: December 15, 2015, 09:40:35 AM »
Welcome Aliax!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Aliax

« Reply #1766 on: December 15, 2015, 01:09:14 PM »
Thank you urbicande :) !

Svalbard

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1767 on: December 15, 2015, 09:47:38 PM »
Greetings everyone ^_^

I am late to joining the party here on the forums -- but I've been an avid fan of Minna's comics for a while now ^.^ -- I'm glad that I finally got around to making a forum account.  I love interacting with people from all corners of the globe!  I'm thrilled to be here!
:netherlands: ✦ :hungary: ✦ :uk: ✦ :norway: ✦ :iceland: ✦ :estonia: ✦ :slovenia:  

:chap0:  :chap1:  :chap2:  :chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1768 on: December 15, 2015, 10:24:30 PM »
Greetings everyone ^_^

I am late to joining the party here on the forums -- but I've been an avid fan of Minna's comics for a while now ^.^ -- I'm glad that I finally got around to making a forum account.  I love interacting with people from all corners of the globe!  I'm thrilled to be here!

Hi welcome! Wow you have a lot of languages! Do you know all of those languages? Or are you learning them? Either way, I'm impressed. This is a great place for interacting with people around the globe. I hope you can make yourself at home here.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

saminiemi

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1769 on: December 16, 2015, 03:28:16 AM »
Hello everyone!

I have been reading the ssss since spring and I'm hooked. I have been semi active in the discus, and started to post here too. As I got rather personal at the personal section I figured that it is time to introduce myself.

I'm from Finland, close to forty, male, husband, father of five, Psychiatric Nurse (registered) and got a masters degree in nursing science. My nick is my name. I used to work as a unit manager (or ward-sister ;) ) for adolescent psychiatry but quit after 8 years, to start working part time for a Lutheran diocese as a secretary of the diocese. I also work part time as a psychiatric nurse in my old unit. It is nice to be back in the line.

I'm a reader, both fiction (thrillers, historical novels, fantasy) and fact (history mainly). I love comics and use them to unwind. I apologize for my English, my passive English is quite good (I read more in English that in Finnish and I lived in UK for a bit over a year some decade ago), but my active English is rusty. The problem is that my brain still thinks that I can write fluent English so I just arrogantly write what comes to mind.

I'm quite keen on speculating on spiritual matters. I love how the use of old Finnish words (and the concepts behind the words)  "luonto", "väki" etc... are in use at this comic. My professional training makes me interested in individual behavior the group behavior that is present at the comic.  I have done my military service (NCO, arctic region long range ranger/scout), as most male citizen in the Finland, and on occasion might feel the pressure to comment on something that relates to use of guns, guns, psychology of killing etc.

It would be nice to have a IRL meet in Helsinki (or southern Finland) at some point.