Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580809 times)

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1725 on: December 08, 2015, 09:47:21 AM »
Welcome deadrose and natalie!

We don't bite!  Except for cookies.  We bite those.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #1726 on: December 08, 2015, 02:46:28 PM »
Croeso to deadrose, Natalie, trashtagger and whoever else I may have missed!
If any of you feel like a chat, our affiliated IRC channel is here at #ssss.

Puls3

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1727 on: December 08, 2015, 05:45:29 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is Mattias and is currently at 18 years of age. I'm studying my last year in the IB-programme (International baccalouret something, something) in high school and found this delightful  comic during my biology lesson a little over a year ago (page 197 of I'm not mistaken). I don't really know what I want to do with my life after graduation, but it will probably work itself out in one way or another (fingers crossed!). I usually spend most of my time studying and played video games during my free time but has now been replaced with exercising in the local gym (poor Xbox have been collecting dust in the corner of my room for 2 years now). To round things off, I would like to say that I look forward to be spending more time in this forum and to see all the wonderful works made by the amazing fans of Stand Still, Stay Silent.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 05:49:16 PM by Puls3 »
Have a more extensive vocabulary in :england: than :sweden: (which is scary considering that I'm born and raised here)
Can only pronounce a few sentences of :spain:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1728 on: December 08, 2015, 05:52:19 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is Mattias and is currently at 18 years of age. I'm studying my last year in the IB-programme (International baccalouret something, something) in high school and found this delightful  comic during my biology lesson a little over a year ago (page 197 of I'm not mistaken). I don't really know what I want to do with my life after graduation, but it will probably work itself out in one way or another (fingers crossed!). I usually spend most of my time studying and played video games during my free time but has now been replaced with exercising in the local gym (poor Xbox have been collecting dust in the corner of my room for 2 years now). To round things off, I would like to say that I look forward to be spending more time in this forum and to see all the wonderful works made by the amazing fans of Stand Still, Stay Silent.

Hey Puls3!!! Welcome to the forum!
We have several IB students here, and also a few IB grads (myself being one of them). We could probably even set up some study groups when exam time comes around. Feel free to take a look around, we have art, writing, languages, video games, and much much more!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1729 on: December 08, 2015, 06:03:27 PM »
Welcome, Puls3! Here have some squirrel cookies! :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: I'm also one of the aforementioned IB grads, and I wish you luck! And wow, you've been following the comic for a while now! If you'd like, you can add chapter break survivor ribbons to your signature (the code is :chap#:, replacing # with whatever number you wish). Like Vi (er, Feartheviolas, rather) said, we've got a number of cool threads you should check out. So take a look around and see what you like!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1730 on: December 08, 2015, 06:06:59 PM »
Welcome among us, Puls3 :) *Offers more cookies* :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Nietos

« Reply #1731 on: December 08, 2015, 07:19:48 PM »
Hi! I started reading the comic very recently but immediately fell in love with it, so here I am. I've been stalking checking out the forums for a few days and figured I might as well start posting.

I'm Nietos, a Finnish cultural history student about to turn 26. I'm working on my master's thesis (basically, if you don't want to listen to a long monologue, you might want to avoid mentioning historical fiction, the Papal States in the 15th and 16th century, the Borgias and Italian Renaissance in general) and half a dozen knitting projects. I enjoy good food and sleeping. Fiction writing is one of my main hobbies but I've been ignoring my novel draft for way too long to really call myself a writer.

Contrary to my avatar's statement, I have had fun multiple times and quite enjoyed myself.

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1732 on: December 08, 2015, 07:44:39 PM »
Hi! Welcome! Have some cookies.

To what extent is the TOK presentation terrible? Compare and contrast with the Extended Essay. ;)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Puls3

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1733 on: December 09, 2015, 01:32:59 AM »
Thank you so much for the warm hearted welcomes *eats cookies*. I'm still trying to figure the technical aspects of this forum but I think I will get the hang of it soon enough  :)

P.S
The TOK presentation is a nightmare and the essay is to be handed in this Friday. (Pro tip, if you ever decide to do a presentation in TOK, NEVER decide to talk about ethics. It may look fascinating and simple but believe me, it's just one of many TOK traps that will drive you mad)
Have a more extensive vocabulary in :england: than :sweden: (which is scary considering that I'm born and raised here)
Can only pronounce a few sentences of :spain:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1734 on: December 09, 2015, 01:48:49 AM »
Hi! I started reading the comic very recently but immediately fell in love with it, so here I am. I've been stalking checking out the forums for a few days and figured I might as well start posting.

I'm Nietos, a Finnish cultural history student about to turn 26. I'm working on my master's thesis (basically, if you don't want to listen to a long monologue, you might want to avoid mentioning historical fiction, the Papal States in the 15th and 16th century, the Borgias and Italian Renaissance in general) and half a dozen knitting projects. I enjoy good food and sleeping. Fiction writing is one of my main hobbies but I've been ignoring my novel draft for way too long to really call myself a writer.

Contrary to my avatar's statement, I have had fun multiple times and quite enjoyed myself.

I see no one has welcomed you. Welcome! :D Have some squirrel cookies! :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1735 on: December 09, 2015, 01:54:58 AM »

Hello and welcome, fellow history and knitting enthusiast! Topics to avoid around me would be settlement era + Medieval Iceland and to some amout the rest of the Nordics of roughly the same time span. Or you know, not avoid around me but I can speak for hours if you give me an excuse. (The Borgias are a fascinating family btw!)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1736 on: December 09, 2015, 01:55:11 AM »
Welcome, Nietos!

P.S
Oh jeez, ethics. Eek. Mine was about whether humans are the only ones who can make art, so we got to squishy-science our way to victory bad public speaking skills. ::) Good luck on your essay!
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1737 on: December 09, 2015, 02:09:43 AM »

Hi, Nietos!  I see from your avatar that you're a fan of Kate Beaton and "Hark! A Vagrant!" so I like you already.   :D  We have a NaNoWriMo thread and a writing critique group, as well as knitting/crochet threads (including one for our crews' adventures as amigurumis), speaking Italian, and... well, practically all your interests.

Thank you so much for the warm hearted welcomes *eats cookies*. I'm still trying to figure the technical aspects of this forum but I think I will get the hang of it soon enough :)

Puls, if you ever have questions, please don't hesitate to ask in a given thread or PM any of the Forum staff (admins, moderators, and skalds).  Our Help page contains a lot of useful links and directions to various parts of the Forum.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1738 on: December 09, 2015, 02:35:17 AM »
Welcome Nietos and Puls3!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

antifa

• Super-Newbie
  • English Espanol Portugues (Learning Swedish)
« Reply #1739 on: December 09, 2015, 04:21:47 AM »
Hello. I am a teenager from California (Bay Area). I really like this comic, it is very well drawn. :)   I am also starting to learn Swedish. I want to get pretty good by March so I can surprise my father on his birthday (he is semi-fluent in Swedish but does not want to help me).