Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581071 times)

trashtagger

• Super-Newbie
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1710 on: December 07, 2015, 06:38:16 AM »
Hi There!

I'm Trashtagger and I'm pretty new to the fandom but I've fallen in mad love with this comic really fast. You may have seen Tay-bee's art on tumblr, she draws a lot of EmilLalli, but she's my best friend and she dragged me down into this fandom much to her pleasure (and mine too lol).

I draw some art too and its all on tumblr, my url is just trashtagger. And Reynir is bae
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:10:30 AM by trashtagger »

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1711 on: December 07, 2015, 06:41:45 AM »
Welcome trashtagger :) A cookie ? :squirrelcookie:
Fun fact : yesterday, a friend sent me a link to your tumblr, assuming I could already have seen it, and I was "No, we don't have this person showing us more drawings in the Art section...". Well, it was obviously a "not yet" :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1712 on: December 07, 2015, 07:51:33 AM »
Hi There!

I'm Trashtagger and I'm pretty knew to the fandom but I've fallen in mad love with this comic really fast. You may have seen Tay-bee's art on tumblr, she draws a lot of EmilLalli, but she's my best friend and she dragged me down into this fandom much to her pleasure (and mine too lol).

I draw some art too and its all on tumblr, my url is just trashtagger. And Reynir is bae

Ahh welcome! I've seen your stuff on tumblr, yes, it's super cute. : D Isn't it great when friends drag you into something like this? *_* I hope to see you around the forum!
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1713 on: December 07, 2015, 09:45:53 AM »
Hi There!

I'm Trashtagger and I'm pretty new to the fandom but I've fallen in mad love with this comic really fast. You may have seen Tay-bee's art on tumblr, she draws a lot of EmilLalli, but she's my best friend and she dragged me down into this fandom much to her pleasure (and mine too lol).

Welcome to the Forum Trashtagger!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

deadrose

« Reply #1714 on: December 07, 2015, 07:18:41 PM »
Yes so here I am, I've finally made the trip over from the comments, where I mostly lurk except for haranguing people about folk metal, beer, and the weather in Seattle.

If you care, there's a nice photo of a typical December day over here https://goo.gl/photos/WEAkNhcgjUbRPRyn7. That was taken yesterday at mid-day. Not unusually dark, either.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1715 on: December 07, 2015, 07:23:18 PM »
Hi Deadrose, and welcome to the Forum. Remember you from the comments!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Natalie

• Tumblr
  • I love all cute things
« Reply #1716 on: December 07, 2015, 07:35:54 PM »
Hi!! I didn't saw this thread before, haha, I've really lost practice with forums since I joined Tumblr.

Well, I've already posted things on the SSSS Art Museum, so those who have seen them already know that I like to draw and that my favorite character is Emil :D But I love all the character really, they are all fantastic.

So, uhm... more about me, I'm 22, I'm from a very thin, very long country at the end of the world called Chile. I'm in the university and I draw in my free time as a hobby, also I love cooking and food and cats and cute things in general!!

Also, I ended up here because of my best friend. She's been reading the comic since the start but never participated in the fandom too much so she's been suffering alone all this time haha, sheiscofcofusertangerinecofcofbtw

Well, that's it for now  ^-^

P.D.: can someone explain me the thing with the cookies please? Or where can I found more information about it.
Native: :spain: (chilean)
(almost) Fluent: :usa: :england:
Learning: :france:
Wishlist: :norway: :japan: :italy: :brazil: (I can understand brazilian portuguese but not speak it or write it)

Róisín

« Reply #1717 on: December 07, 2015, 07:44:26 PM »
Welcome Natalie! I saw your art over on the art thread - your Emil is sweet. The virtual cookies are a way of saying welcome to newcomers; some of them purport to be made from (or possibly by) squirrels. I think you'll fit right in here. Chile, eh? Moths, tiny cats, interesting weather, nice rocks, and some amazingly hardy plants - must be fun?

deadrose

« Reply #1718 on: December 07, 2015, 08:02:47 PM »
Hi Róisín, good to see you here!

Hi Deadrose, and welcome to the Forum. Remember you from the comments!

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1719 on: December 07, 2015, 08:29:10 PM »

eyoooo fellow seattleite
eeeevery morning it gets darker out

(this is a great band btw, they make songs about prehistoric predators for grownups)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1720 on: December 07, 2015, 08:48:37 PM »
Hi!! I didn't saw this thread before, haha, I've really lost practice with forums since I joined Tumblr.

Well, I've already posted things on the SSSS Art Museum, so those who have seen them already know that I like to draw and that my favorite character is Emil :D But I love all the character really, they are all fantastic.

So, uhm... more about me, I'm 22, I'm from a very thin, very long country at the end of the world called Chile. I'm in the university and I draw in my free time as a hobby, also I love cooking and food and cats and cute things in general!!

Also, I ended up here because of my best friend. She's been reading the comic since the start but never participated in the fandom too much so she's been suffering alone all this time haha, sheiscofcofusertangerinecofcofbtw

Well, that's it for now  ^-^

P.D.: can someone explain me the thing with the cookies please? Or where can I found more information about it.

Welcome Natalie! :) Plenty of people have posted in the art museum before introducing themselves, no worries.
...Have some squirrel cookies!
o/ :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

(mine are vegetarian and only shaped like squirrels ::))

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Róisín

« Reply #1721 on: December 07, 2015, 09:24:18 PM »
The Doubleclicks, yay! Aren't they great? I noticed that link also has Molly Lewis in the sidebar. She's fun.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1722 on: December 07, 2015, 09:36:16 PM »
Welcome, everyone! And as to Natalie's request for an explanation on the cookies, this thread should have a good explanation for that plus a few other important in-jokes.

I hope you all have a great time here!! (๑• v •๑)b
YEET

taybee

• Tumblr
  • Emilalli Enthusiast
« Reply #1723 on: December 08, 2015, 01:35:14 AM »
Hi There!

Welcome to the pit bruh

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1724 on: December 08, 2015, 06:23:26 AM »
Welcome deadrose and Natalie :) *Puts more welcome cookies on the table* :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2: