Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581166 times)

Miss Honeyham

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • *coughing fit*
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1680 on: December 01, 2015, 01:33:45 PM »
Hello! I got up to date with SSSS and already read aRTD, and I still want more, so joining the forum seemed like a good idea~
I'm Seff (or Lacunae, Lacu, Nae, a mix of everything - wichever you prefer), 23 and from South America, so I apologize in advance from any horror mistakes in my sentences.
Basically I came for the the amazing art and interesting story, and I end up staying for the lore and supernatural elements. That's what I actually made me write my first comment on the comic: the weird shadow people. And the magic. (And the community).
So, you'll see me around weird theories and reading lots of folklore(?

Hello, new friend! It's always good to have another someone who enjoys folklore and the like! Please, make yourself at home. :)
:usa: | :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :book1: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1681 on: December 01, 2015, 01:42:04 PM »
Hello! I got up to date with SSSS and already read aRTD, and I still want more, so joining the forum seemed like a good idea~
I'm Seff (or Lacunae, Lacu, Nae, a mix of everything - wichever you prefer), 23 and from South America, so I apologize in advance from any horror mistakes in my sentences.
Basically I came for the the amazing art and interesting story, and I end up staying for the lore and supernatural elements. That's what I actually made me write my first comment on the comic: the weird shadow people. And the magic. (And the community).

Welcome to our little group of mad things :)
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Adriano

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • We are not in America
« Reply #1682 on: December 01, 2015, 02:32:18 PM »

Welcome Lacunae ! Have a pleasant stay on the forum and with the community !
Born to be Infected !
'Sometimes life is like getting clogged with a clog' - Wolfie.

:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:
Native : :france:
Fluent : :uk:
Knowing a bit : :germany: :portugal:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #1683 on: December 01, 2015, 04:57:11 PM »
Croeso!
If you feel like debating any of those weird theories, we have an affiliated IRC channel here at #ssss!
Otherwise, the SSSS Board has a good deal of theories: headcanons, trolls, etc etc.
See you around!

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #1684 on: December 02, 2015, 06:53:17 PM »
Hello folks! I am Purple Wyrm - although to be really honest I'm not particularly purple and am not a wyrm (or even a worm). Through such seas of confusion science splashes on!

I stumbled over SSSS last week and speed-read my way through the entire archive, falling completely in love with the story and entire setting in the process. I am now suffering from horrible withdrawal because I have to wait for new episodes. And I am led to believe that there is a terrifying thing called a 'chapter break' that happens from time to time, which may well kill me the next time it occurs. Someone please tell me it's not as awful as it sounds! ;D

I am located in the far antipodes (in that strange and awesome place known to legends as Perth Australia), am far too old to talk about and work as a web developer. I am sadly monolingual and only speak English - Australian English at that, which only barely counts. But I am making a half hearted attempt to learn a bit of German.

I look forward to being a strange and hopefully not too annoying ornament to this forum. Tea and pickles to you all!

Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1685 on: December 02, 2015, 06:59:17 PM »
I am now suffering from horrible withdrawal because I have to wait for new episodes. And I am led to believe that there is a terrifying thing called a 'chapter break' that happens from time to time, which may well kill me the next time it occurs. Someone please tell me it's not as awful as it sounds! ;D
*Pats pats* *Remembers having the same problem at the beginning* Take a cookie. All will be fine :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: And welcome among us ! :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Purple Wyrm

« Reply #1686 on: December 02, 2015, 08:36:53 PM »
Squirrel Cookies! Yey!

Thank you :)

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1687 on: December 02, 2015, 09:41:32 PM »
Hi! Welcome! The chapter breaks aren't terribly fun, but they do tend to produce an uptick in art/fic/Forum activity, which is pretty great. I know there are several other Australians on here, too. (also, pickles?? with tea??)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1688 on: December 02, 2015, 09:46:49 PM »

I stumbled over SSSS last week and speed-read my way through the entire archive, falling completely in love with the story and entire setting in the process. I am now suffering from horrible withdrawal because I have to wait for new episodes.

I am located in the far antipodes (in that strange and awesome place known to legends as Perth Australia), am far too old to talk about and work as a web developer. I am sadly monolingual and only speak English - Australian English at that, which only barely counts. But I am making a half hearted attempt to learn a bit of German.

I look forward to being a strange and hopefully not too annoying ornament to this forum. Tea and pickles to you all!

Hello and welcome! /o/ Haaa, yessss, join us in the ranks of having to wait for page-a-day, sometimes I feel like I'm going to explode from anticipation.
You definitely aren't the only Aussie here; I expect you'll see the others around eventually. : D
Looking forward to seeing you around! I'll take the tea, but pass on the pickles. ;p
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Purple Wyrm

« Reply #1689 on: December 02, 2015, 11:10:02 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes folks!

Tea with pickles is an old Australian tradition started in 1789 when Governor Arthur Phillip of the Port Jackson (now Sydney) colony ran out of biscuits just before the arrival of the Second Fleet and had nothing else to serve the arriving captains with.

That is actually a complete lie that I just made up. Tea and pickles were actually the standard welcome gift for newbies at a forum I used to frequent years ago, so I thought I'd share them out here as well ;)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1690 on: December 03, 2015, 12:05:50 AM »
Hi, Purple Wyrm! There are other Australians here. I'm in country SA, down the end of the Barossa where it runs into the Adelaide Hills. I know of at least 2 other Minnions in SA and several in Victoria, and there are others in Tassie and other states, as well as in NZ.

During the dreaded chapter breaks we haunt the forum (art, music, fanfic, chat and so forth), and commiserate with one another in the comments. Join us and have fun!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1691 on: December 03, 2015, 02:11:19 AM »
Tea and pickles were actually the standard welcome gift for newbies at a forum I used to frequent years ago, so I thought I'd share them out here as well ;)
Hm, sounds about as appetizing as squirrel cookies. ;)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Inghelene

• DeviantArt
  • Artist or mathematician; hard to follow
« Reply #1692 on: December 03, 2015, 02:12:37 PM »
Hello? ouo
I'm new?
And from norway?
I make arts? Err.. That's all I can think about?

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1693 on: December 03, 2015, 02:16:27 PM »
Hello? ouo
I'm new?
And from norway?
I make arts? Err.. That's all I can think about?
Hello fellow norwegian!! welcome to the forum!! I see on your deviantart that you do indeed make arts and they are wonderful O: if you ever make any SSSS fanart feel free to post them in the fanart thread! We have a lot of other art threads as well - here's a list of art threads and other useful info ^____^

when did you start reading SSSS? who's your favourite character(s)? :3c
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1694 on: December 03, 2015, 02:32:15 PM »
Welcome Inghelene :) A cookie ? :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2: