Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581194 times)

LordoftheThings

• Tumblr
  • what's a "forum"? can I eat it?
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1665 on: November 24, 2015, 09:21:17 PM »
Welcome!!

Just so you know, almost everyone who is an avid user and poster on this forum started off with something like "I've never been on a forum before..." or "I will probably just lurk forever..." and then they were sucked in never to see the light of day again :D

In fact that was me as well. I had never used a forum before and I was really not a "forum person" and welp. Now here I am.

Feel free to take a look around. We have several writing threads and the people here are really nice. Your cookies will probably arrive shortly.

Oh man just looking around this forum is so cozy compared to what I've been on
It'll be easy for me to get sucked in especially once I find the drawing and writing threads...

Goodbye what little life I had I suspect our time together is not much longer
Native: :usa:
Know a Little: :france:
Need to work on learning: :iceland:
I have the rosetta stone why Don't I know this: :netherlands:

Over the Hills and Faraway
For ten long years he'll count the days
Over the mountains, and the seas
A prisoners life for him there'll be

themunck

• Super-Newbie
  • Audi Alteram Partem
« Reply #1666 on: November 25, 2015, 05:17:39 AM »
Welcome! How did a theology blog end up linking here?

Note to self: This forum doesn't email you when your posts get replied to unless you actually tell it to.

Basically, we were discussing apocalyptic fiction in the comments section, and someone mentioned they liked the idea of books being used as currency after the end, IIRC. Then esmerelda_ogg directed us to SSSS, and I thought the premise was interesting enough. Seeing the map on page 66 was....surprisingly haunting. Wonder if that's how New Yorkers feel whenever their city is blown up in movies.
Speaks: :denmark: :uk:
Could probably muddle through: :norway: :sweden: :germany:
Has tried to learn: :finland:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1667 on: November 25, 2015, 06:15:41 AM »
Welcome, LordoftheThings ! :squirrelcookie:
And welcome among the "I'm shy/not sure I'll post a lot" too ;)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1668 on: November 25, 2015, 11:52:05 AM »
This looks liken the place for introductions so I guess I'll jump in here.
Hello~ I'm Erin, a wannabe author from California who just found SSSS like last week after binge reading the entire thing in one sitting until 2 am. 
I jumped into the tumblr community first (I'm the-Lord-of-the-pies if anyone else hangs out there) and then joined comments a few days ago and decided to suck it up and join the forum c:

I've never been a major forum user ever but I hope I'll get sucked in here because the community from what I've seen and heard is awesome and i can't wait to really get into the swing of things!

Welcome!  Glad to have you!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Kestrel

• Meow Meow Meow
« Reply #1669 on: November 25, 2015, 01:45:26 PM »
Hello everyone! 

I started reading SSSS for the cats and got stuck.  I'm at page 300 right now, but I expect to be caught up very soon, as I'll be spending a few hours in the airport today.

Super excited!

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1670 on: November 25, 2015, 01:48:38 PM »
Hello everyone! 

I started reading SSSS for the cats and got stuck.  I'm at page 300 right now, but I expect to be caught up very soon, as I'll be spending a few hours in the airport today.

Super excited!

Yessss succeeded in getting another one of my pals to read SSSS, I feel so accomplished. If I had known that the cats would get people to read this, I would have mentioned it in my journal sooner! And now you have context for all my flaily entries, hooray! Welcome to the forum, mate. ;p
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #1671 on: November 25, 2015, 02:04:11 PM »
Hello everyone! 

Super excited!

*handsout some :squirrelcookie: *

Welcome on bord.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Kestrel

• Meow Meow Meow
« Reply #1672 on: November 25, 2015, 02:06:13 PM »
Yessss succeeded in getting another one of my pals to read SSSS, I feel so accomplished. If I had known that the cats would get people to read this, I would have mentioned it in my journal sooner! And now you have context for all my flaily entries, hooray! Welcome to the forum, mate. ;p

Well, I guess it wasn't just the cats.  (Mostly the cats.)  Thank you for getting me sucked into this world.  I can't wait to catch up and suffer waiting for updates with everyone else. Heh heh.

Thanks for the welcome, kjeks!

Mélusine

« Reply #1673 on: November 25, 2015, 04:46:20 PM »
Welcome Kestrel :) More cookies ? :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

(Good job, Yuu ! - says the girl who's trying to convince her young sport partner to fall into SSSS.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1674 on: November 26, 2015, 12:22:39 PM »
Hello everyone! 

Super excited!

Welcome to SSSS!  And have a great flight!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Kestrel

• Meow Meow Meow
« Reply #1675 on: November 30, 2015, 11:58:02 AM »
Welcome to SSSS!  And have a great flight!

Thank you!  The flight was OK as far as flights go and now I am home again.. and I'm up to date on SSSS!!! *throws all the cookies in the air*  Now to venture into all the spoilery threads.   ;)

Lacunae Seff

« Reply #1676 on: December 01, 2015, 11:12:02 AM »
Hello! I got up to date with SSSS and already read aRTD, and I still want more, so joining the forum seemed like a good idea~
I'm Seff (or Lacunae, Lacu, Nae, a mix of everything - wichever you prefer), 23 and from South America, so I apologize in advance from any horror mistakes in my sentences.
Basically I came for the the amazing art and interesting story, and I end up staying for the lore and supernatural elements. That's what I actually made me write my first comment on the comic: the weird shadow people. And the magic. (And the community).
So, you'll see me around weird theories and reading lots of folklore(?
~Knows :argentina: :usa:
*she wishes* :finland: :italy:

Mélusine

« Reply #1677 on: December 01, 2015, 11:43:15 AM »
Welcome among us, Lacunae :) Cookies ? Cookies ! :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Don't worry for possible mistakes, the community is very nice with us, who are not English natives ;)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1678 on: December 01, 2015, 11:51:23 AM »
Hi, Lacuna, and welcome to the Forum. You'll find quite a few enthusiasts of folklore here, and lots of interesting Forum threads on such subjects. We look forward to seeing you there.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Lacunae Seff

« Reply #1679 on: December 01, 2015, 11:54:08 AM »
Welcome among us, Lacunae :) Cookies ? Cookies ! :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Don't worry for possible mistakes, the community is very nice with us, who are not English natives ;)
*munchs on cookies* Thank you very much~ And it's amazing to see the diversity in languages going around! And how lovely the community is~
~Knows :argentina: :usa:
*she wishes* :finland: :italy: