Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580812 times)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1650 on: November 20, 2015, 05:59:54 PM »
How about we meet in the middle? So about the center of the Atlantic Ocean. Hehehehe
Shipping hard, aren't we? :D
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Talvis

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them, he/him
« Reply #1651 on: November 21, 2015, 12:41:48 PM »
Hello, I'm a young, "slightly" abnormal Finn who enjoys stories in every form: music, comic, book, movie... There's not really anything special about me, I like drawing but I'm not very good at it, I try to play the piano but I'm too lazy to study the theoritical stuff, and I like to write but it almost always ends up being something really weird. :D

SSSS is one of my newest discoveries, but now I'm a really big fan. I can't get over Tuuri's cuteness. Or Lalli's. Or Emil's. Or Reynir's... Okay, you get the idea. Heh.

But yeah, I've never really been to a forum before, much less an English one, so I'm kind of nervous... My English may be bad (thankfully not as bad as my Swedish). Hopefully I can hold a converstation! :)
Native: :finland:
Learning (trying): :uk:
Can (barely) manage: :sweden:
Wants to learn: :norway: :iceland:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #1652 on: November 21, 2015, 12:49:55 PM »
Hello, I'm a young, "slightly" abnormal Finn who enjoys stories in every form: music, comic, book, movie... There's not really anything special about me, I like drawing but I'm not very good at it, I try to play the piano but I'm too lazy to study the theoritical stuff, and I like to write but it almost always ends up being something really weird. :D

SSSS is one of my newest discoveries, but now I'm a really big fan. I can't get over Tuuri's cuteness. Or Lalli's. Or Emil's. Or Reynir's... Okay, you get the idea. Heh.

But yeah, I've never really been to a forum before, much less an English one, so I'm kind of nervous... My English may be bad (thankfully not as bad as my Swedish). Hopefully I can hold a converstation! :)

Welcome to our board  take some :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

If you want to add some of those flags for language/nationality you can add from those:
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=416.0

Your language skills will improve in no time in here (I learned norwegian decently in here and managed to fight my way through turkish finally XD)
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1653 on: November 21, 2015, 12:53:31 PM »
Welcome LunaJei ! :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Don't worry for your English, for a part of us it's a foreign language :) An kjeks is right, you'll improve it here, maybe even more than what you can think !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Talvis

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them, he/him
« Reply #1654 on: November 21, 2015, 04:50:15 PM »
Welcome to our board  take some :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

If you want to add some of those flags for language/nationality you can add from those:
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=416.0

Your language skills will improve in no time in here (I learned norwegian decently in here and managed to fight my way through turkish finally XD)

Welcome LunaJei ! :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Don't worry for your English, for a part of us it's a foreign language :) An kjeks is right, you'll improve it here, maybe even more than what you can think !

Thanks you guys:) yeah, I hope I'll improve! (I found the flag thingies, yay!)
Native: :finland:
Learning (trying): :uk:
Can (barely) manage: :sweden:
Wants to learn: :norway: :iceland:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1655 on: November 21, 2015, 06:12:44 PM »
Welcome, LunaJei! Sounds as if you will fit right in here. Don't worry too much about the English - there are lots of people coming from other languages, and folk are understanding and helpful. As you interact your English is bound to improve! Welcome!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

NoFaceKnitter

• Super-Newbie
  • Drawing is a kind of hypnotism
  • Preferred pronouns: Yes, I am pro nouns. I am all for them.
« Reply #1656 on: November 22, 2015, 07:16:32 AM »
I shall cease to lurk, and actually say hello and I have joined the forums. I have just spent some time trying and failing to work out how to add an avatar to my profile. Please advise.

I am older in years. I enjoy taking my daughter to Steampunk events.

I love this comic, and love the comments community. You are kind, imaginitive, cheering and funny. Will you all marry me?

Frances x
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 07:24:10 AM by NoFaceKnitter »

Mélusine

« Reply #1657 on: November 22, 2015, 07:21:13 AM »
Welcome on the forum, NoFaceKnitter :) A cookie ? Some cookies ? :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
All of us marrying you ? Errrrrrrr...^^°
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1658 on: November 22, 2015, 08:56:43 AM »
Welcome, NoFaceKnitter! I had the same problem, being totally technoincompetent, and asked one of the folk running the forum for help. They were able to give me instructions. Don't know if the process is the same after all the forum-mechanics updates. I'd try going to the 'Help' section, and if you can't find anything, asking the current forum administrators.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1659 on: November 22, 2015, 10:06:17 AM »
I have just spent some time trying and failing to work out how to add an avatar to my profile. Please advise.
(Welcome!) Are you having problems to prepare a suitable image (there are size and format restrictions that I don't remember off the top of my head), or to perform the actual uploading procedure?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1660 on: November 22, 2015, 11:50:55 AM »
(Welcome!) Are you having problems to prepare a suitable image (there are size and format restrictions that I don't remember off the top of my head), or to perform the actual uploading procedure?

If you follow this link and click the upload image button next to where it says personalized picture. The forum should resize the image for you.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1661 on: November 24, 2015, 10:50:05 AM »
I shall cease to lurk, and actually say hello and I have joined the forums. I have just spent some time trying and failing to work out how to add an avatar to my profile. Please advise.

I am older in years. I enjoy taking my daughter to Steampunk events.

I love this comic, and love the comments community. You are kind, imaginitive, cheering and funny. Will you all marry me?

Frances x

Welcome to the Forums (from someone who's quite possibly older than you ;) )
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

LordoftheThings

• Tumblr
  • what's a "forum"? can I eat it?
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #1662 on: November 24, 2015, 07:51:10 PM »
This looks liken the place for introductions so I guess I'll jump in here.
Hello~ I'm Erin, a wannabe author from California who just found SSSS like last week after binge reading the entire thing in one sitting until 2 am. 
I jumped into the tumblr community first (I'm the-Lord-of-the-pies if anyone else hangs out there) and then joined comments a few days ago and decided to suck it up and join the forum c:

I've never been a major forum user ever but I hope I'll get sucked in here because the community from what I've seen and heard is awesome and i can't wait to really get into the swing of things!
Native: :usa:
Know a Little: :france:
Need to work on learning: :iceland:
I have the rosetta stone why Don't I know this: :netherlands:

Over the Hills and Faraway
For ten long years he'll count the days
Over the mountains, and the seas
A prisoners life for him there'll be

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1663 on: November 24, 2015, 07:59:52 PM »
Hello~ I'm Erin, a wannabe author from California who just found SSSS like last week after binge reading the entire thing in one sitting until 2 am. 
I jumped into the tumblr community first (I'm the-Lord-of-the-pies if anyone else hangs out there) and then joined comments a few days ago and decided to suck it up and join the forum c:

I've never been a major forum user ever but I hope I'll get sucked in here because the community from what I've seen and heard is awesome and i can't wait to really get into the swing of things!

Welcome!!

Just so you know, almost everyone who is an avid user and poster on this forum started off with something like "I've never been on a forum before..." or "I will probably just lurk forever..." and then they were sucked in never to see the light of day again :D

In fact that was me as well. I had never used a forum before and I was really not a "forum person" and welp. Now here I am.

Feel free to take a look around. We have several writing threads and the people here are really nice. Your cookies will probably arrive shortly.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1664 on: November 24, 2015, 08:10:43 PM »

Welcome!! I remember you from Tumblr :)
Here are your welcome cookies: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: