Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581098 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1590 on: November 06, 2015, 02:07:59 AM »
Hey guys, a webcomic artist recommended I try out this forum to mingle a bit, said that there are nice people here.

I'm also a webcomic artist myself, and I have had a webcomic up for about 7 months now. It's pretty new, so I don't have a big following, but the readers I have are very faithful.
I got into ssss because I'm a big fan of long, epic stories and most of all I'm a fan of Scandinavian themes.
I'm Norwegian myself, born in Trondheim and now I'm studying visual development in San Francisco, USA.

So yeah, I hope to meet people here with similar interests as me, and seeing that a lot of people here are Scandinavian I think I'm in the right place! Hope to make some friends, making a comic alone is very lonely.

Hello and welcome! Yes I would say you are in the right place! There are quite a few Scandinavians here, we have representatives from all the countries, including Iceland and Finland, and actually quite a few Norwegians, even someone who is in Trondheim. I know there are also people who live in San Fran who are on the forum as well. They have even met up in the past. There are a few other webcomic artists here too. I think you will fit in here well :) Please feel free to mingle. We have many art threads that you can look at, from fan art, to general art, to crafting. You can find a more complete list of art threads here.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Malin

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1591 on: November 06, 2015, 02:12:56 AM »
Hello and welcome! Yes I would say you are in the right place! There are quite a few Scandinavians here, we have representatives from all the countries, including Iceland and Finland, and actually quite a few Norwegians, even someone who is in Trondheim. I know there are also people who live in San Fran who are on the forum as well. They have even met up in the past. There are a few other webcomic artists here too. I think you will fit in here well :) Please feel free to mingle. We have many art threads that you can look at, from fan art, to general art, to crafting. You can find a more complete list of art threads here.

Great stuff, thank you. While my peers here at the art academy are satisfying my need to talk about art, none of them do any webcomics, or even comics at all. So I feel lonely in that sense. It's also good to know there's some people from my home country, I've been in America for 3,5 years and I miss home more and more every year. I visit of course, but I miss living there. I cope with it by drawing my comic, I think. I wasn't even that interested in Scandinavian culture when I lived in Norway, but now that I'm away it's all I want to draw. Aint that a bummer haha.

Anyway, thanks again. I want to try to be active, maybe I can be an asset in critiquing art if anyone wants that.

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1592 on: November 06, 2015, 02:31:06 AM »
WHAT!!!! SOMEONE FROM TRONDHEIM BUT DOESN'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE!!!! what am i, cursed

I mean!! Hi!! Welcome to the forum!!! What's your webcomic called? O:
you'll know where to find me.

Malin

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1593 on: November 06, 2015, 02:36:42 AM »
WHAT!!!! SOMEONE FROM TRONDHEIM BUT DOESN'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE!!!! what am i, cursed

I mean!! Hi!! Welcome to the forum!!! What's your webcomic called? O:

Y-you're from Trondheim?? aaaa! well, I am only studying in America, I visit home twice a year! Not sure I'll stay here for long after I graduate, if I get a job I will. I'm torn between working in a studio here in California or go home and try to make an art career in Norway.

This is my comic http://www.fjordsoncomic.com/ and keep in mind it's kinda new (around 7 months maybe?) and has about 73 pages, I'm still trying to get the story really going. I can't update as many times as Minna (what a beast!) because I got classes n stuff, but my current update schedule is 3 times a week. I'm hoping someday (far into the future probs) to do nothing but the comic haha. Maybe one day! For now I'm grateful for every single reader I get, so I hope you like it.

I'm going to Trondheim this winter btw!

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #1594 on: November 06, 2015, 03:07:14 AM »
Y-you're from Trondheim?? aaaa! well, I am only studying in America, I visit home twice a year! Not sure I'll stay here for long after I graduate, if I get a job I will. I'm torn between working in a studio here in California or go home and try to make an art career in Norway.

This is my comic http://www.fjordsoncomic.com/ and keep in mind it's kinda new (around 7 months maybe?) and has about 73 pages, I'm still trying to get the story really going. I can't update as many times as Minna (what a beast!) because I got classes n stuff, but my current update schedule is 3 times a week. I'm hoping someday (far into the future probs) to do nothing but the comic haha. Maybe one day! For now I'm grateful for every single reader I get, so I hope you like it.

Hello, Malin, welcome to the forum!  I started reading your comic and I think I'm going to binge-read it tonight!
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1595 on: November 06, 2015, 04:12:30 AM »
Welcome Jimothy and Malin :) Cookies ? Cookies :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1596 on: November 06, 2015, 12:05:40 PM »

aaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!
also dang your comic looks SO GOOD, i think i'm gonna read it immediately. wait - is the first chapter page of Røros? O:
edit: haha probably not røros but i certainly got some røros-y vibes there

also a tiny tip - your tumblr and devart links don't work at, you don't need to fill in the .tumblr.com and .deviantart.com ^___^

oh and now that i'm rereading your intro post when i'm actually awake - we do have some threads about own webcomics and webcomic making discussions - here and here!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 12:41:06 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1597 on: November 06, 2015, 12:35:24 PM »
Hey guys, a webcomic artist recommended I try out this forum to mingle a bit, said that there are nice people here.

I'm also a webcomic artist myself, and I have had a webcomic up for about 7 months now. It's pretty new, so I don't have a big following, but the readers I have are very faithful.
I got into ssss because I'm a big fan of long, epic stories and most of all I'm a fan of Scandinavian themes.
I'm Norwegian myself, born in Trondheim and now I'm studying visual development in San Francisco, USA.

So yeah, I hope to meet people here with similar interests as me, and seeing that a lot of people here are Scandinavian I think I'm in the right place! Hope to make some friends, making a comic alone is very lonely.

Bwa ha ha! Yes, excellent, more Norwegians tjø!!

I have a feeling I may have seen some of your art before somewhere.

Malin

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1598 on: November 06, 2015, 01:13:45 PM »
aaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!
also dang your comic looks SO GOOD, i think i'm gonna read it immediately. wait - is the first chapter page of Røros? O:
edit: haha probably not røros but i certainly got some røros-y vibes there

also a tiny tip - your tumblr and devart links don't work at, you don't need to fill in the .tumblr.com and .deviantart.com ^___^

oh and now that i'm rereading your intro post when i'm actually awake - we do have some threads about own webcomics and webcomic making discussions - here and here!

Thank you, I fixed the links!

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1599 on: November 06, 2015, 05:52:31 PM »

Welcome, Malin.  I think you've found your feet pretty fast!   :D

I live in San Mateo myself (about 30 minutes south of SF) and was the co-organizer of the San Francisco Meet-Up in June.  We hope to have another before the end of the year (or whenever it works for people) and hopefully you can join us!

Where are you studying? 

BTW, I'm kind of embarrassed but the only reason I recognize "Malin" as a female name is a passage from "Pippi Longstocking" where she talks about how her mother's maid, Malin, used to do crazy things.  (No reference to present company intended!)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Malin

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1600 on: November 06, 2015, 06:08:37 PM »
Welcome, Malin.  I think you've found your feet pretty fast!   :D

I live in San Mateo myself (about 30 minutes south of SF) and was the co-organizer of the San Francisco Meet-Up in June.  We hope to have another before the end of the year (or whenever it works for people) and hopefully you can join us!

Where are you studying? 

BTW, I'm kind of embarrassed but the only reason I recognize "Malin" as a female name is a passage from "Pippi Longstocking" where she talks about how her mother's maid, Malin, used to do crazy things.  (No reference to present company intended!)
Awesome! I study at the Academy of art university. We have a city campus in San Francisco, and I live in downtown San Francisco.
I think it would be cool to meet, is it a meetup for forum peeps here?

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1601 on: November 06, 2015, 07:05:37 PM »
Awesome! I study at the Academy of art university. We have a city campus in San Francisco, and I live in downtown San Francisco.
I think it would be cool to meet, is it a meetup for forum peeps here?

We have a whole thread for meet-ups.  Here's one of the relevant posts about the SF meet-up on June 13:  https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=247.msg42975#msg42975
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1602 on: November 06, 2015, 08:19:49 PM »

Welcome, welcome!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

themunck

• Super-Newbie
  • Audi Alteram Partem
« Reply #1603 on: November 07, 2015, 03:22:26 PM »
Not sure what to say here. Hi, I am themunck and one day you will all kneel before me. I'm Danish, currently studying Pharmaceutical Science at the University of Copenhagen, and I was directed here from the blog 'Slacktivist', a blog dealing with Christian theology and how it's often done wrong.
Speaks: :denmark: :uk:
Could probably muddle through: :norway: :sweden: :germany:
Has tried to learn: :finland:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1604 on: November 07, 2015, 04:05:29 PM »
Welcome! How did a theology blog end up linking here?
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05: