Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580854 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1560 on: October 28, 2015, 05:35:15 AM »
Welcome here, Tasuhecate :) :squirrelcookie:
And all the others I may have missed last week *Puts more cookies on the table* :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Taskuhecate

• Tumblr
  • hellbent and heaven sent
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1561 on: October 28, 2015, 12:38:05 PM »
Oh lord, did I miss the k....  I missed the k.  D;  I misspelled my own handle!  DDDDD;

....is there anyone who can properly change it for me??  I changed how it's displayed, but...  >.>;;;;  (It's supposed to be Taskuhecate!)

Thank you for the welcome, though!! 
Fluent: :usa:
Literate: :fennoswede:
Trying to seriously study: :argentina:
Poked at: :finland: :iceland: :germany: :vaticancity: Nahuatl

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #1562 on: October 28, 2015, 02:20:54 PM »
Oh lord, did I miss the k....  I missed the k.  D;  I misspelled my own handle!  DDDDD;

....is there anyone who can properly change it for me??  I changed how it's displayed, but...  >.>;;;;  (It's supposed to be Taskuhecate!)

Weclome to the board. if you want a latinflag you can use the vatican tag ;).   :vaticancity:

you might want to pay a visit to our language board :)
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Taskuhecate

• Tumblr
« Reply #1563 on: October 28, 2015, 02:24:01 PM »
Ooh, thanks for the tip!

And I already have, but no one's been active on the Swedish thread since I've posted, so m'mostly just playing the waiting game.  ^^;;

Tap

• Scout
  • previously Sahoin
« Reply #1564 on: October 28, 2015, 10:14:47 PM »
Hey y'all, newbie here! Twenty-year-old gal (Woman? I still think I'm a kid half the time, lol. Who let me adult?) who juuust started SSSS. One of my oldest friends is a fan of the comic and was telling me that it's an amazingly genuine and kind online community on here, so I've finally taken the plunge to both read a gorgeous story and make some new fandom friends c:

Few quick things, I guess, to ~get to know me~ and whatnot: I'm a total geeky nerd about a lot of various TV shows/books/movies/video games, and can talk for ages about such topics. I'm already certain that SSSS is going to become one of the stories that I totally fall head-over-heels for, heh ^^; Aside from inhaling the creations of other talented folks, I love to make my own characters and either write stories with them or else weave a tale through roleplaying, generally with my brother; we've got an ongoing fantasy story that we've been doing since we were little kids, and it's slowly grown from childish plots and cliches (stepping stones!) into an intricate world with lots of history and well-rounded characters and storylines.

I also love to cook; I'm vegan and, not to sound like I'm bragging or anything, I'm rather talented at making various recipes, be they from a cookbook or creations from my own head. If anyone ever wants to talk about veganism (whether or not you yourself is vegan), shoot me a PM; I'm always happy to talk, and I promise I don't bite or try to force my views down anybody's throat! c:

Uhh, yes. Speed round! I love my floofy rose-patterned comforter, my fandom t-shirts, playing games of all sorts with my family, wearing boots in the autumn, drawing my characters, the colors pink and cream and blue and red and brown, 1940s fashion, and of course, petting my kitties and bunnies c:

Apparently I also like talking too much, lol. If anyone ever wants to chatter shoot me a PM. In the meantime, I look forward to getting to know some folks around here! ^u^

Supreme Potato

• WARNING: DO NOT EAT
« Reply #1565 on: October 28, 2015, 10:43:40 PM »
-snip-
Välkommen!
Sounds like you're the kind of person who'd fit in perfectly here!  :)  We have sub-forums for original characters and roleplaying, discussing every tiny aspect of the comic, etc. etc...
Somebody more experienced than I will soon be arriving with the customary squirrel cookies. I hope you enjoy your stay (and your cookies)!
Hej! Learning :sweden: since 25th October.

...but I still don't speak any Nordic languages.

Tap

• Scout
  • previously Sahoin
« Reply #1566 on: October 28, 2015, 11:30:00 PM »
Thank you for the welcome! I'm already enjoying myself immensely :D

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1567 on: October 28, 2015, 11:36:33 PM »
Hey y'all, newbie here! Twenty-year-old gal (Woman? I still think I'm a kid half the time, lol. Who let me adult?) who juuust started SSSS. One of my oldest friends is a fan of the comic and was telling me that it's an amazingly genuine and kind online community on here, so I've finally taken the plunge to both read a gorgeous story and make some new fandom friends c:

Few quick things, I guess, to ~get to know me~ and whatnot: I'm a total geeky nerd about a lot of various TV shows/books/movies/video games, and can talk for ages about such topics. I'm already certain that SSSS is going to become one of the stories that I totally fall head-over-heels for, heh ^^; Aside from inhaling the creations of other talented folks, I love to make my own characters and either write stories with them or else weave a tale through roleplaying, generally with my brother; we've got an ongoing fantasy story that we've been doing since we were little kids, and it's slowly grown from childish plots and cliches (stepping stones!) into an intricate world with lots of history and well-rounded characters and storylines.

I also love to cook; I'm vegan and, not to sound like I'm bragging or anything, I'm rather talented at making various recipes, be they from a cookbook or creations from my own head. If anyone ever wants to talk about veganism (whether or not you yourself is vegan), shoot me a PM; I'm always happy to talk, and I promise I don't bite or try to force my views down anybody's throat! c:

Uhh, yes. Speed round! I love my floofy rose-patterned comforter, my fandom t-shirts, playing games of all sorts with my family, wearing boots in the autumn, drawing my characters, the colors pink and cream and blue and red and brown, 1940s fashion, and of course, petting my kitties and bunnies c:

Apparently I also like talking too much, lol. If anyone ever wants to chatter shoot me a PM. In the meantime, I look forward to getting to know some folks around here! ^u^

Hi, Sahoin.  Welcome!  You're doing a great job of introducing yourself and giving us ideas of parts of the Forum you might enjoy exploring.

* Recipes and food:  https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=118.0
* The Pets Thread!  https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=201.0
* TV and Movie Thread https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=213.0

EDIT:  Since you mention it, don't overlook "How to Adult":  https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=664.0

And much, much more!  (As they say on TV.)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:54:32 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #1568 on: October 28, 2015, 11:44:26 PM »
Welcome! Did someone say squirrel cookies? Because I have them! Take your pick, Sahoin, I made a special vegan batch just for you ^-^
:squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

We've got a TV/movie thread, a video game thread, a book thread, and plenty of others besides, if you want to talk about your favorites or have some good ones to recommend (I know I'm always on the lookout for a good book/movie). And there are plenty of creative threads for you to sink your teeth into. The art threads, of course, the scriptorium (if you'd like some fanfiction), the NaNoWriMo thread, the list goes on! And might I add that there's a recipe-sharing thread somewhere around here, if you'd like to share your creations? I could keep naming all of the things you can do here, buuuut I think it'd be best if you just explore and find things that you like! From the sound of it, you'll be making fandom friends in no time ;D

Darn, Sunflower ninja'd me. Ah well, I've still got the squirrel cookies!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Tap

• Scout
  • previously Sahoin
« Reply #1569 on: October 29, 2015, 03:34:29 PM »
Thank you both for the welcome party!! <3 Those cookies were delicious, it was great that they were vegan ;D I'll be taking a look at all those threads you both have suggested to me; I'm certain I'll find a lot of stuff around here to enjoy, and I look forward to seeing you around the forums c:

(I think I just ended every sentence up there with some sort of emoji. I may have a problem, lol.)

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1570 on: October 29, 2015, 04:10:15 PM »

Sounds like you'll fit right in! I used to do a lot of worldbuilding myself with my artist sibling and a classmate back in the days. Hope you'll settle in to stay!

Tap

• Scout
  • previously Sahoin
« Reply #1571 on: October 29, 2015, 11:39:11 PM »
Aaahh worldbuilding is so much fun ;u; Thanks for the welcome! c:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1572 on: October 30, 2015, 02:15:27 PM »

I can change your log in name if you would like. You want it to match your display name right?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Taskuhecate

• Tumblr
« Reply #1573 on: October 30, 2015, 05:30:47 PM »
Someone already changed it, but thanks!  :3

Pupunen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1574 on: November 01, 2015, 08:45:45 AM »
Hi everyone, new person here! I'm a 23-year-old university student and part-time translator from Finland. I discovered SSSS a month or two ago when I saw a short review of the comic on Tumblr. It made me curious because the art looked beautiful, it was set in Northern Europe unlike most post-apocalyptic stories, and the artist had a Finnish-sounding name, so I started reading and became addicted immediately. I have now read SSSS maybe four times and aRTD twice, and I was spending so much time lurking in the comment section and on the forum that I decided to just give in and start posting.

Also, I think a lot of people have said this before me, but I'll say it again anyway: I'm impressed by how friendly and polite and just generally lovely all the SSSS fans seem to be, and it makes me like the comic even more. :)
Native: :finland:
Fluent: :sweden: :uk:
Good: :italy:
Understand but don't speak: :denmark: :norway:
Basics: :russia: :wales: :iceland: :vaticancity:

:chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15: