Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580980 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1500 on: October 14, 2015, 05:44:07 PM »
Welcome, blackberryblossoms :) Here are the welcome cookies ! :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1501 on: October 14, 2015, 05:46:32 PM »
Hello everyone! I am excited to be joining the fan forum at last! My name is Christina and I am from Washington state. I am a college student and a year younger than Lalli and Emil. I've been reading SSSS since the middle of August this year, but I only just recently started exploring the forum. I also finally read aRTD and it is fantastic!! Though I'm sure I probably don't need to tell you that. I like to think that I'm an artist, so sometimes I draw SSSS fanart, but I won't have too much time to do so very frequently. And finally, though I have lived my whole life in Washington, I have always dreamed of learning Swedish and traveling to Sweden, because that is where my family is from. (Part of the reason I enjoy SSSS so much is because it reminds me of my Scandinavian roots). Pleased to meet you all!!!!

Welcome! I have a feeling you will fit in perfectly here. I have seen your art too and I like it! I hope you will stick around and make lots more :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1502 on: October 14, 2015, 06:39:15 PM »
Hello everyone! I am excited to be joining the fan forum at last! My name is Christina and I am from Washington state. I am a college student and a year younger than Lalli and Emil. I've been reading SSSS since the middle of August this year, but I only just recently started exploring the forum. I also finally read aRTD and it is fantastic!! Though I'm sure I probably don't need to tell you that. I like to think that I'm an artist, so sometimes I draw SSSS fanart, but I won't have too much time to do so very frequently. And finally, though I have lived my whole life in Washington, I have always dreamed of learning Swedish and traveling to Sweden, because that is where my family is from. (Part of the reason I enjoy SSSS so much is because it reminds me of my Scandinavian roots). Pleased to meet you all!!!!
Hi, hello, welcome fellow Washingtonian! Which side do you live on?

Also, I believe that Duolingo has a Swedish course, if you want to do that. There's also probably a Swedish thread in the Language Board.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

blackberryblossoms

• Tumblr
« Reply #1503 on: October 14, 2015, 07:25:56 PM »
Hi, hello, welcome fellow Washingtonian! Which side do you live on?

Also, I believe that Duolingo has a Swedish course, if you want to do that. There's also probably a Swedish thread in the Language Board.
Thank you, fellow Washingtonian  ;D I live about an hour away from Seattle, so I'm from the west side. And thanks for the language helps recommendations!! I've checked out Duolingo and they've been really helpful so far.
:usa: native
:japan: learning
:sweden: learning
:chap9: Chapter break survivor

Jenny Islander

• Preferred pronouns: She, her
« Reply #1504 on: October 15, 2015, 03:43:43 AM »
Jenny Islander here.  Alaskan, speak English and a little Spanish (and some Quenya if that helps).  Generally can't stand gore and horror, but heard good things about SSSS and so far I like it.  I enjoy post-apocalyptic scenarios involving people who act like people, not B-movie cardboard characters.
Working on the...coding...thing...

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1505 on: October 15, 2015, 04:00:13 AM »
Jenny Islander here.  Alaskan, speak English and a little Spanish (and some Quenya if that helps).  Generally can't stand gore and horror, but heard good things about SSSS and so far I like it.  I enjoy post-apocalyptic scenarios involving people who act like people, not B-movie cardboard characters.

Welcome, Jenny!  We're glad to have you here. 

If you want to dress up your postings a little, the guidelines here will show you how to add language flags (and other things).  https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=416.0
In fact, clicking on the "Help" column above will lead to a guide to some of the most popular parts of the Forum and other items you may find useful.

We're all friendly here, so please don't hesitate to ask a question or offer an opinion or piece of fan-art, poetry, filk music, amusing SSSS page edit, etc.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Mélusine

« Reply #1506 on: October 15, 2015, 04:46:18 AM »
Welcome Jenny :) I think you're not the only one who had learnt some Quenya... but I'm not sure, I'll let the others say.
Haha, Stand Still. Stay Silent isn't gore or horror ;) Or I won't be a fan reading.
Anyway, have a welcome cookie ! :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1507 on: October 15, 2015, 09:18:54 AM »
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here. I don't know Quenya, but I am trying to learn Sindarin. (Argh why are there so many elvish dialects)
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #1508 on: October 15, 2015, 12:17:12 PM »
Welcome, Jenny Islander. Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo, and all that. While I have a Quenya username, I have merely dabbled in the language, and am much more proficient with Tengwar than I am with the vocabulary or grammar, to my deep regret.
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
« Reply #1509 on: October 15, 2015, 07:54:57 PM »
Welcome, Jenny Islander. Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo, and all that.
*sneep*
I have merely dabbled in the language, and am much more proficient with Tengwar than I am with the vocabulary or grammar, to my deep regret.
What Aul said. Nice to see another fellow Tolkien fan!
I've got a little Sindarin, but not enough grammar to make actual sentences -- mostly vocabulary scraps.
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Athena

« Reply #1510 on: October 15, 2015, 10:54:48 PM »
What Aul said. Nice to see another fellow Tolkien fan!
I've got a little Sindarin, but not enough grammar to make actual sentences -- mostly vocabulary scraps.
If you're looking to learn grammar and sentence structure, I can highly recommend this:http://sindarinlessons.weebly.com It is what I have been using to learn.

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
« Reply #1511 on: October 15, 2015, 11:05:36 PM »
If you're looking to learn grammar and sentence structure, I can highly recommend this:http://sindarinlessons.weebly.com It is what I have been using to learn.
THIS IS EXTREME GOOD TAKK
I had been using a PDF that somebody whipped up but it was hard to keep track of where I was and that made it less motivation.

Athena

« Reply #1512 on: October 16, 2015, 09:16:06 AM »
THIS IS EXTREME GOOD TAKK
I had been using a PDF that somebody whipped up but it was hard to keep track of where I was and that made it less motivation.
YES IT IS MOST BEST!
You're welcome! I am surprised that you had not seen it before, It's the first thing that shows up for me when I search up "Learn Sindarin". Also on that site they have a dictionary of all known/speculated Sindarin words which is very useful. Also, I made a sindarin learning thread over here: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=674.0

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
« Reply #1513 on: October 16, 2015, 07:09:40 PM »
YES IT IS MOST BEST!
You're welcome! I am surprised that you had not seen it before, It's the first thing that shows up for me when I search up "Learn Sindarin". Also on that site they have a dictionary of all known/speculated Sindarin words which is very useful. Also, I made a sindarin learning thread over here: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=674.0
You are an excellent person. :D
The reason I hadn't seen that was that instead of going "I wanna learn Elvish! Google!" I went "oooo this website that I am on is really interesting and hey! there's a textbook! Sure, I'll download it, why not?"

Athena

« Reply #1514 on: October 16, 2015, 07:24:54 PM »
You are an excellent person. :D
Thank you!  :)
The reason I hadn't seen that was that instead of going "I wanna learn Elvish! Google!" I went "oooo this website that I am on is really interesting and hey! there's a textbook! Sure, I'll download it, why not?"
Ah, yes. Always look at all your options first, cause sometimes the first you see isn't the best.  :-\