Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580913 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1470 on: October 05, 2015, 07:36:46 AM »
Welcome, Baughn :) A cookie ? :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Faramile

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her/she, otptrash
« Reply #1471 on: October 06, 2015, 01:14:58 PM »
Hi!!

Can I first say I LOVE SSSS SO MUCH found about it like three days ago and is so beautiful that my tears are heart eyes emojis :)

My name is Milenka but online I'm Faramile I'm 22 and I live in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
my studies: went to a Argentinian-Arabic high school learned to write and speak just a bit then forgot all of it. I was super bad learning English though, until I started reading manga (mangas take a lot of time to be traduced so I started reading in english) I got better at it and now I'm okay but speak it in a very basic manner(? sorry about that. Later tried graphic design because I like to use photoshop and drawing even though I only draw probably 5% of the time (and spend 40% reading fanfic) and changed to graphic production which I like more (it's about the step after designing a piece)

I think speaking or understanding other languages is like unlocking a part of the world IT'S MAGIC you guys are amazing I saw that some know like three Languages that's so cool  8)
I want to learn maybe just a bit of Japanese, Italian, and Norwegian(now) I was told that china is gonna "take over the world" in five years but still I don't want to learn it hahaha
Fluently: Spanish
okay: English

Mélusine

« Reply #1472 on: October 06, 2015, 01:17:35 PM »
Welcome among us Faramile ! :) Take a welcome cookie :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Faramile

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her/she, otptrash
« Reply #1473 on: October 06, 2015, 01:36:06 PM »
Welcome among us Faramile ! :) Take a welcome cookie :squirrelcookie:

thanks! you can share half with me :)
Fluently: Spanish
okay: English

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #1474 on: October 07, 2015, 06:33:59 AM »
Hallo! Norwegian here.

A bit sad that Norway came through so badly, but happy it came through at all. Also, amateur writer, and I (just yesterday) started an SSSS quest over on Sufficient Velocity: https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/stand-still-stay-silent.22848/

For those not familiar with the concept, basically you'd be taking the reins of one of the countries (looking like Finland, so far), in year 0, and trying to get through events with less damage than canon. Practically nobody there is familiar with what they're up against, though. It'll be fun~

So I guess I'll be hanging around here looking for story ideas, mostly. Nice to meet'cha.
Hjerteligst velkommen :)

You might be especially interested in these topics I bet:
Survivor Communities outside the known world
The SSSS Scriptorium
Troll Biology
Stand Still Stay Silent: The RP [Concept and OOC]
And basically the entire Perssssonas childboard ;)
Have fun
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1475 on: October 08, 2015, 04:59:00 AM »
Hallo! Norwegian here.

A bit sad that Norway came through so badly, but happy it came through at all. Also, amateur writer, and I (just yesterday) started an SSSS quest over on Sufficient Velocity: https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/stand-still-stay-silent.22848/

For those not familiar with the concept, basically you'd be taking the reins of one of the countries (looking like Finland, so far), in year 0, and trying to get through events with less damage than canon. Practically nobody there is familiar with what they're up against, though. It'll be fun~

So I guess I'll be hanging around here looking for story ideas, mostly. Nice to meet'cha.

Oh, welcome! Don't worry, if Norway got scaled down in the comic we're doing great here in the forum! There's lots of Norwegians here.

kirvel

« Reply #1476 on: October 09, 2015, 11:02:21 PM »
Hej, I'm Elin, still in high school! I speak English and Chinese, and I'm learning Swedish. I discovered SSSS in late August and now I think I've lost my life to it. aRTD is one of my favorites too. Hannu is great. I've always liked writing and will probably participate in NanoWrimo this year. I might also post my story on Wattpad sometime. My dream is to become a freelance author/webcomic artist!

Am i the only one who thinks Mikkel is secretly the queen (king?) of subtle sass?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 11:05:41 PM by kirvel »

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1477 on: October 09, 2015, 11:04:44 PM »
Hej, I'm Elin! I speak English and Chinese, and I'm learning Swedish. I discovered SSSS in late August and now I think I've lost my life to it. aRTD is one of my favorites too. Hannu is great.

Am i the only one who thinks Mikkel is secretly the queen (king?) of subtle sass?

Hi and welcome! : D It's great to have you here. It sounds like you and I started reading SSSS at around the same time.
And AAAHHH another aRTD lover, hooray! Hannu is amazing, I love him so much, jerk tendencies and all. (Maybe even because he's such a jerk...)

Mikkel is totally the sass king. He inherited it from Signe, of course. ;p
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1478 on: October 09, 2015, 11:07:31 PM »
Hej, I'm Elin, still in high school! I speak English and Chinese, and I'm learning Swedish. I discovered SSSS in late August and now I think I've lost my life to it. aRTD is one of my favorites too. Hannu is great.

always liked writing and will probably participate in NanoWrimo this year. I might also post my story on Wattpad sometime. My dream is to become a freelance author/webcomic artist!

Welcome, Elin!  You'll find a lot of kindred spirits here with all your interests.  Members are already gearing up for NaNoWriMo! 

Don't hesitate to ask for advice or suggestions (we're all friendly here) and have fun exploring the Forum!
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

kirvel

« Reply #1479 on: October 09, 2015, 11:08:22 PM »
Yes! I guess we're both relatively new to the series.
I love Hannu because he's a jerk. I relate to his antisocial tendencies. Also, I love his hair.

oh mY GOSH SIGNE SØRENSEN!

Mélusine

« Reply #1480 on: October 10, 2015, 02:28:38 AM »
Welcome kirvel, cookies are here :squirrelcookie:
Do you want to join several of us on the NaNo ? :D

kirvel

« Reply #1481 on: October 10, 2015, 09:00:35 AM »
Yes definitely! I need writing buddies to keep my motivation xD
What's your username? I could add you.

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #1482 on: October 10, 2015, 09:29:36 AM »
Welcome Faramile and Kirvel!  :D

scheherazade

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1483 on: October 12, 2015, 01:26:44 AM »
heelloo ssss forum aka the thing has successfully kept me from studying for my upcoming tests by making my brain  feel all fidgety like it couldn't move on to any other task until i posted an introduction on here for some reason what is life
well w/e ima do the thing where i talk about how much i lov ssss & webcomics in general because they keep me sane while im trying to get through school but ironically also makes it super difficult to focus at times like right now!
what i (& many others!!) especially like about ssss is how it opens a door for discussing & reveling in the glorryy of language & culture by shoving a motley crew of baby war-goers out into the dead dead danger zone i love that so much. also there's lalli
a redtail's dream is equally enjoyable to me. hannu makes me cry
also much appreciation for the artistry & creativity im seeing throughout the forum that is something i do like.

that dragged on longer than i thought it would
tl;dr someone talk lalli & physics to me

wheeeeeeee

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1484 on: October 12, 2015, 01:32:50 AM »
heelloo ssss forum aka the thing has successfully kept me from studying for my upcoming tests by making my brain  feel all fidgety like it couldn't move on to any other task until i posted an introduction on here for some reason what is life
well w/e ima do the thing where i talk about how much i lov ssss & webcomics in general because they keep me sane while im trying to get through school but ironically also makes it super difficult to focus at times like right now!
what i (& many others!!) especially like about ssss is how it opens a door for discussing & reveling in the glorryy of language & culture by shoving a motley crew of baby war-goers out into the dead dead danger zone i love that so much. also there's lalli
a redtail's dream is equally enjoyable to me. hannu makes me cry
also much appreciation for the artistry & creativity im seeing throughout the forum that is something i do like.

that dragged on longer than i thought it would
tl;dr someone talk lalli & physics to me

wheeeeeeee

Welcome! Here, some cookies just for you: (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

(Also I totally feel ya on the school thing... )

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: