Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580855 times)

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2014, 08:24:38 AM »
Well, hello, ladies and gentlemen!
After joining your cozy community here, I think it's right to introduce myself. I'm 20-year-old female in my fourth year of studying law, which turned out to be not really my cup of tea (well, I bet you've never seen a socially awkward lawyer, eh?) I'm Russian, born and living in Eastern Ukraine (yes, the very region where military operations are currently taking place, and I solemnly swear I will never ever bring it up again). Rather fluent in English... or so I'm desperately trying to seem, so please forgive my shameful mistakes and typos :P
I first stumbled upon Minna's comics translated in Russian (stunningly well translated, I must admit), and rather soon moved on to English version, because those are highly addictive ;D
Speaking of hobbies, I usually draw and write for my own fun, it helps me to deal with constant stress. One of my other passions is reading, and I love XX century classic literature with all my heart. And, ah, the sound of music! I'm hopelessly in love with old school British art-/prog-/blues-rock.
Wow, that's really the biggest piece of information about myself I've ever posted online. That would be enogh, I think.
I hope to merge in pretty well, for you forum dwellers seem really nice folks to me  :)
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

Raya

« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2014, 03:03:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum Curiosity! Hopefully you won't kill ThisCat :P

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2014, 03:21:46 PM »
Welcome to the forum Curiosity! Hopefully you won't kill ThisCat :P

Raya plz. Introduction thread, for introductions not random comments. (And no, I sent her a welcome message, I don't think she's going to kill me...)
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Noah O.

• Scout
  • History Geek
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2014, 05:32:54 PM »
Raya plz. Introduction thread, for introductions not random comments. (And no, I sent her a welcome message, I don't think she's going to kill me...)
Oh, c'mon. It was a good pun. Admit it.

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2014, 07:29:45 PM »
Oh, c'mon. It was a good pun. Admit it.
YesIadmititwasagoodpun, BUT. We're not supposed to make too many non-introduction posts on this thread!
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2014, 08:45:03 PM »
Heyyy! :D
My name's Claire, but you can call me anything you want to. I'm a college student living in New York City, who really really wants her own webcomic and wants even more to publish a graphic novel. Unfortunately, my aspirations are bigger than I am (and I'm not too much taller than Tuuri), and I'm still in my teen years (a year younger than Lalli and Emil, actually). I'm going for a BFA in cartooning, but since I'm still a first-year student, I'm not taking any cartooning classes just yet [insert sad face].
I found the comic three weeks ago (wow, it's been so long!) through a link on some other comic (which one, I'll never remember). This is the only one I currently follow (kinda pitiful for a cartoonist, huh) and I must say that I've never obsessed over someone else's comic as much as I have for this one (and I mean hey, I joined the forum  :) ). Heck, I've even drawn fan art. I never do that. Just look at my avatar. Maybe I'll post my drawings of the other guys once I'm done with them.
You guys seem like a nice bunch. I'm so glad there's a fan following to this comic, so I won't be fangirling in vain.

(Oh, and I'm one of those Lalli fangirls, but like, on the inside.)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Noah O.

• Scout
  • History Geek
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2014, 10:06:17 PM »
Heyyy! :D
My name's Claire, but you can call me anything you want to. I'm a college student living in New York City, who really really wants her own webcomic and wants even more to publish a graphic novel. Unfortunately, my aspirations are bigger than I am (and I'm not too much taller than Tuuri), and I'm still in my teen years (a year younger than Lalli and Emil, actually). I'm going for a BFA in cartooning, but since I'm still a first-year student, I'm not taking any cartooning classes just yet [insert sad face].
I found the comic three weeks ago (wow, it's been so long!) through a link on some other comic (which one, I'll never remember). This is the only one I currently follow (kinda pitiful for a cartoonist, huh) and I must say that I've never obsessed over someone else's comic as much as I have for this one (and I mean hey, I joined the forum  :) ). Heck, I've even drawn fan art. I never do that. Just look at my avatar. Maybe I'll post my drawings of the other guys once I'm done with them.
You guys seem like a nice bunch. I'm so glad there's a fan following to this comic, so I won't be fangirling in vain.

(Oh, and I'm one of those Lalli fangirls, but like, on the inside.)
Yay! Fanarts!

Flik

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2014, 09:54:54 AM »
Hello all.  I'll try and keep my introduction somewhat short.

You can call me Flik.  I'm 32 and live in one of the few populated areas of North Dakota for some reason I have yet to figure out.  I speak English.  American English.  Forgive me for this.

Professionally I had worked in the TV industry for 8 years producing TV commercials.  I had also worked several years in radio as a broadcast engineer maintaining transmitter sites.  Currently I run a service department for a company that manufactures electronics for aerospace and agriculture (stuff gets sent in, I repair it).

Music and voice work, as well as photography and automotive things have been hobbies of mine for many years.  My dream has always been to do professional voice acting and music production, but real life kicks my butt too much and I'm far too hard on myself.  Luckily I'm starting to make some headway.  Yaaaay?

That's me in a nut shell.  Always more to talk about, but I'd be writing a novel.

Noah O.

• Scout
  • History Geek
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2014, 05:59:41 PM »
- Post Thor'd upon report -
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 05:00:44 PM by Eich »

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2014, 06:09:44 PM »
- Post Thor'd upon report -

Um.... thanks for sharing, Noah.  (Looks around.)  NEXT!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 05:01:23 PM by Eich »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2014, 04:50:56 AM »
Hey, hello! I'm rather new to the forums, but on dA and Tumblr I am known as Almond-Goddess. I started following Minna near the end of A Redtail's Dream, and am I glad my brother introduced me to her beautiful stories! I'm working on a practice graphic novel for a class, and her work is a great inspiration for me.
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Hauke

« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2014, 04:26:01 PM »
Hi, I am Hauke, living in northernmost Germany. I found aRTD when searching for information about the Kalevala (I don't remember the specific connection that drove me there). I am quite a fan of languages, Scandinavia, nature, and places with not too many people so SSSS is quite my cup of tea. Professionally most languages I use are not natural languages (i.e. computer languages).
( )

Clayres

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Been back for a while now, I should change this :P
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2014, 06:46:49 PM »
Here we go (doing this kind of stuff twice in a row):
Hi, I'm Clayres, a name I got from medling with sillables whilst composing a little song. I'm twenty years old and student, who lives with her mother and brother in a not so small village in Germany. I found aRTD through a friend and followed Minna to SSSS and that sleepy kitty link to this forum. I love to do music, I started to learn to play the piano, but that didn't quite work out...
Furthermore I like to read, draw and write, in fact I should be working on a story of mine, buut I'm working on introductions and stuff instead.

Right now I'm indeed more comfortable in English than in German, don't know, must be a brain-switch thing, and that switch is currently on English. Also I like English better than German, but I love to share tips for those who want to learn that language.

End of introduction.
kind of getting along: :germany: :uk:

rusty: :spain:

very rusty: :vaticancity:

still trying (appearantly failing) to learn: :japan:

hushpiper

• Slayer of Silence
  • Scout
    • Tumblr
  • steam engenius, you see
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2014, 08:42:28 PM »
Greetings fellow fans of the comic! I'm Hushpiper, or Hush. Yes, yes, very good to meet you too!

I'm about Tuuri's age, and I reside in the USA. I sadly speak only English. I found SSSS through the language tree--like a lot of people did--and stayed because I recognized the information about Finnish vs. the other Scandinavian languages from my deep and long-held obsession with Scandinavian folk rock, and was curious to see what kind of comic needed an information page like that. To understate the case, I found a lot more and better than I expected. <3

I work in IT--webhosting specifically--but previous to this I studied opera. (Yeah, I know.) I'll probably be spending my time here making fan soundtracks, posting my more out-there meta to my tumblr (same name), and maybe even kicking off a SSSS fanfic section on AO3 (ditto). I look forward to boring you all with my rambling!

P.S. What think ye of the icon? I'm rather fond of it, but I have another of cthulhu-kitty that I like as well...

Noah O.

• Scout
  • History Geek
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2014, 10:21:07 PM »

P.S. What think ye of the icon? I'm rather fond of it, but I have another of cthulhu-kitty that I like as well...
Use the kitty. No questions asked.