Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581179 times)

ParanormalAndroid

Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1455 on: October 04, 2015, 09:09:48 AM »
Hi there

The name's Aki, you might know me from the comment section on SSSS. SSSS happened upon me because I followed (a) Rabbit's advice (well, it sounded more like "YOU MUST READ THIS JUST DO IT") and ended up binge-reading SSSS (somewhere into chapter 4 I think) and aRTD. Never regretted going down that rabbit hole...
Shwmae a croeso!
Rabbit's advice was good, yeah?
I don't know if we have any other Swiss members, but if you head over to our Quakenet IRC chat at #ssss, people will certainly be up for Skype.
We're all stuck in the rabbit hole now, but it's a really nice hole and none of us want to leave- you probably get it.

Aki

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • rambler of headcanons spouter of ideas
  • Preferred pronouns: (she/her) please don't call me dude, that's all.
« Reply #1456 on: October 04, 2015, 09:24:07 AM »
Shwmae a croeso!
Rabbit's advice was good, yeah?
I don't know if we have any other Swiss members, but if you head over to our Quakenet IRC chat at #ssss, people will certainly be up for Skype.
We're all stuck in the rabbit hole now, but it's a really nice hole and none of us want to leave- you probably get it.

Hi Para~
... of course there are no other Swiss, what else did I expect? *fake drama voice off* It's the best rabbit hole we could hope for, once we get rid of flesh blobs. =3=b

Hm, thanks for the advice, maybe when I gather enough courage to try IRC chat ^^'''
Languages:
fluent: :switzerland: :germany: :france: :uk:
knows: :vaticancity:, ancient :greece:
learned some: :japan:
can read to some extent: :italy: :spain: etc.
wants to learn: :finland:
You may use any of my "Imagine X" or headcanons for your writing or art as long as you link back to me or my original post if you feel like you stayed true to it.
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :book2: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #1457 on: October 04, 2015, 09:30:02 AM »
Welcome, Aki!

...chemistry in my minor. I write fanfiction...
Another (trainee) chemist who writes fanfiction?? Splendid! I was worried I'd be the only one... :D
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Aki

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1458 on: October 04, 2015, 09:50:29 AM »
Welcome, Aki!
Another (trainee) chemist who writes fanfiction?? Splendid! I was worried I'd be the only one... :D

Thank you, Secto~

Interesting combo of interests that you look out for! Well, it makes sense since it's kind of important to understand the chemistry between characters- *bricked*
Yup, you're not the only one ^^
Languages:
You may use any of my "Imagine X" or headcanons for your writing or art as long as you link back to me or my original post if you feel like you stayed true to it.
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :book2: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1459 on: October 04, 2015, 10:03:39 AM »
(I hope so, though the rating system still makes me nervous)
Don't pay attention to that :) But to be honest it makes me nervous when I see how many things I had posted in so few months. Post or share if you want, take only a look if you prefer, all will be all right.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #1460 on: October 04, 2015, 10:53:27 AM »
... of course there are no other Swiss, what else did I expect?
Well, you obviously already saw the fandom map, so expecting other Swiss here as well is not at all unreasonable ...

... but yes, it seems that people putting themselves on the map but not joining the forum is much more frequent than the other way 'round.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1461 on: October 04, 2015, 11:24:44 AM »
hii Aki! I was recently wondering if there are any swiss minnions myself, because I'm about to board a plane to Geneva in a couple minutes ahahah. Welcome to the forum!
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1462 on: October 04, 2015, 11:28:10 AM »
Welcome Aki! We are happy to have you join us!

hii Aki! I was recently wondering if there are any swiss minnions myself, because I'm about to board a plane to Geneva in a couple minutes ahahah. Welcome to the forum!

Actually Adriano is also from Switzerland.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1463 on: October 04, 2015, 11:59:43 AM »
Hi there

The name's Aki, you might know me from the comment section on SSSS. SSSS happened upon me because I followed (a) Rabbit's advice (well, it sounded more like "YOU MUST READ THIS JUST DO IT") and ended up binge-reading SSSS (somewhere into chapter 4 I think) and aRTD. Never regretted going down that rabbit hole...

I'm 24, Swiss, and I study classical archaeology in my major and chemistry in my minor. I write fanfiction and sometimes doodle fanart but don't expect quality from me and I haven't completed anything worthwhile for SSSS but probably will churn out something in the future (or Rabbit will eat me).

Hello and welcome!
"Binge-reading SSSS" seems to be a pretty common reaction. Now you're stuck waiting on daily updates like the rest of us. : D
Ahhh you write fanfiction? I hope that if you write some SSSS, you'll decide to share; I'd look forward to reading it. Also classical archaeology, wow, fascinating *_*
Anyway, I hope you will enjoy it here!
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #1464 on: October 04, 2015, 01:06:56 PM »
SSSS happened upon me because I followed (a) Rabbit's advice (well, it sounded more like "YOU MUST READ THIS JUST DO IT") and ended up binge-reading SSSS (somewhere into chapter 4 I think) and aRTD. Never regretted going down that rabbit hole...

Job well done?

Job well done.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 01:10:27 PM by Rabbit »
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Mélusine

« Reply #1465 on: October 04, 2015, 01:20:03 PM »
Job well done?

Job well done.
Job perfectly well done :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Aki

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1466 on: October 04, 2015, 01:33:47 PM »
Well, you obviously already saw the fandom map, so expecting other Swiss here as well is not at all unreasonable... but yes, it seems that people putting themselves on the map but not joining the forum is much more frequent than the other way 'round.

I think that when I put myself on there, I was all alone :'D
I did infect 3 Swiss people with SSSS syndrome, another one of my friend was already infected but they're all not inclined on commenting or forum-ing :(

Thank you! Sadly, I'm on the other side of Switzerland and unless you hop by Zürich, I doubt we can find time to meet up ^^''' But have fun in Switzerland! =3=b

Welcome Aki! We are happy to have you join us! Actually Adriano is also from Switzerland.

Thank you! Ohoooo? Must find this Adriano person then at some point... o3o

Hello and welcome!
"Binge-reading SSSS" seems to be a pretty common reaction. Now you're stuck waiting on daily updates like the rest of us. : D
Ahhh you write fanfiction? I hope that if you write some SSSS, you'll decide to share; I'd look forward to reading it. Also classical archaeology, wow, fascinating *_*
Anyway, I hope you will enjoy it here!

Thank you! Haha, yes, I got stuck for waiting for daily updates somewhere during chapter 4 I think... oh well, it makes getting up even more worthwhile, especially since I usually check the page at Uni with one of my infected friends. No, what do you mean, squealing in the middle of a crowded classroom is strange?
I started on 1 SSSS fic already, another one is in planning. Will share it once I can, which might some time forever in the future.
Yes it is *w*

Job well done?

Job well done.

Job exceedingly well done. =3=b Ilu
Languages:

Adriano

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • We are not in America
« Reply #1467 on: October 04, 2015, 01:50:32 PM »
Hi there

I'm 24, Swiss, and I study classical archaeology in my major and chemistry in my minor. I write fanfiction and sometimes doodle fanart but don't expect quality from me and I haven't completed anything worthwhile for SSSS but probably will churn out something in the future (or Rabbit will eat me).

I'm terrible at using forums but I'll give this one a try.

Any other Swiss people around?
I'm a Skype dweller and will love you to death if you decide that you want to chat with me over there. Just ask me for my Skype name.

Hi Aki ! Swiss people here ! o/
I'm not an alchemist though. I'm from Valais and u ?
I'd be glad to add you to my skype ! I'll pm you.

I also doodle and make a fanfic about SSSS, though now it's a bit paused. I shoulda take it again damn xc
Hope we'll have a great time !
Born to be Infected !
'Sometimes life is like getting clogged with a clog' - Wolfie.

:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:
Native : :france:
Fluent : :uk:
Knowing a bit : :germany: :portugal:

Aki

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1468 on: October 04, 2015, 02:19:22 PM »
Hi Aki ! Swiss people here ! o/
I'm not an alchemist though. I'm from Valais and u ?
I'd be glad to add you to my skype ! I'll pm you.

I also doodle and make a fanfic about SSSS, though now it's a bit paused. I shoulda take it again damn xc
Hope we'll have a great time !

A SWISS OwO
*zips to pms to get that Skype name*
I'm from Neuchâtel and Aargau owo
I hope so too~<3
Languages:

Baughn

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1469 on: October 05, 2015, 07:26:29 AM »
Hallo! Norwegian here.

A bit sad that Norway came through so badly, but happy it came through at all. Also, amateur writer, and I (just yesterday) started an SSSS quest over on Sufficient Velocity: https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/stand-still-stay-silent.22848/

For those not familiar with the concept, basically you'd be taking the reins of one of the countries (looking like Finland, so far), in year 0, and trying to get through events with less damage than canon. Practically nobody there is familiar with what they're up against, though. It'll be fun~

So I guess I'll be hanging around here looking for story ideas, mostly. Nice to meet'cha.