Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580861 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1380 on: September 10, 2015, 11:03:14 AM »
Viiiiiii ? Don't tell me you try to steal clothes and scissors which belongs to other persons here ?

All I'm saying is that my scissors went missing just when I needed them and they still haven't been returned found. :'(

ElfQuest.
ElfQuest is love.

*high fives*
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1381 on: September 10, 2015, 11:04:03 AM »
Viiiiiii ? Don't tell me you try to steal clothes and scissors which belongs to other persons here ?

*innocent whistling* It wasn't meeeeee

Hahah she said it would be a bit of a novelty, an Icelander on the forums, and I will definitely stick around. And hopefully maybe force the link to the comic on people if I can. AHAHAHAHA!!

Yes that is the perfect attitude! You will fit right in here perfectly. Also we have an Icelandic thread if you want to check it out
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #1382 on: September 10, 2015, 11:05:24 AM »
And yup, she linked me to her pattern of Reynir's sweater, which I will make once I find a fitting substitute yarn that doesn't sting my shoulders, oh the budget.
I'll do it someday. When I'll be better and know how to knit patterns properly and be rich. I'll do it...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Steinunn

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1383 on: September 10, 2015, 11:27:13 AM »
Yes that is the perfect attitude! You will fit right in here perfectly. Also we have an Icelandic thread if you want to check it out
I'll check right away!

I'll do it someday. When I'll be better and know how to knit patterns properly and be rich. I'll do it...
(do I smell a knit-along in the near-far future?)

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1384 on: September 10, 2015, 11:55:15 AM »
I'll check right away!
(do I smell a knit-along in the near-far future?)

Hello fellow yarncrafter!  :)
I highly recommend you to visit our yarncrafter's thread https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=299.0

(and it's silly branch with the adventures of the yarn-teams https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=504.0  )
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Markus

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1385 on: September 10, 2015, 12:41:25 PM »
Hey, long time reader just joining the forum. Seems like this forum has a bit of a thing for languages, so sticking to the theme I speak norwegian and english wooo aren't I special. Currently studying french at uni though, so hope I'll be able to add that to the list in the future. Aspiring illustrator. Link to my tumblr on the little tumblr-icon to the left of this message there ;D

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1386 on: September 10, 2015, 12:47:34 PM »
Hey, long time reader just joining the forum. Seems like this forum has a bit of a thing for languages, so sticking to the theme I speak norwegian and english wooo aren't I special. Currently studying french at uni though, so hope I'll be able to add that to the list in the future. Aspiring illustrator. Link to my tumblr on the little tumblr-icon to the left of this message there ;D

Hi and welcome! o/ "Aspiring illustrator" - I hope this means you'll be participating in our art threads; what you've already posted so far looks awesome.*_*
Good to have you here!
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

« Reply #1387 on: September 10, 2015, 12:49:23 PM »
Welcome again, Markus :) Take a cookie :squirrelcookie:
And ask if you need something in french ;)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1388 on: September 10, 2015, 03:13:54 PM »
oh hello! I just saw your art, it's awesome. Your languages seem to imply you're Norwegian, yes? whichever parts are you from? wouldn't happen to be trondheim would it
you'll know where to find me.

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #1389 on: September 10, 2015, 04:25:11 PM »
Hey there, my name is Ari-
I speak English, but I am planning to try learning Icelandic and/or Swedish. I am a very new reader, I ran through the entire comic on Monday(my friend has been telling me to read it for a few months, but I just got around to it, haha). I'm from the U.S, and I like to draw.

Also, my favorite character is Reynir, but I love Lalli too.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1390 on: September 10, 2015, 04:41:30 PM »
I speak English, but I am planning to try learning Icelandic and/or Swedish. I am a very new reader, I ran through the entire comic on Monday(my friend has been telling me to read it for a few months, but I just got around to it, haha). I'm from the U.S, and I like to draw.

Welcome!!! It's always good to get new readers! :D If you want we have language learning groups for both Icelandic and Swedish, you should totally come check them out!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #1391 on: September 10, 2015, 04:50:30 PM »
Cool, I'll check them out later!  :)

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1392 on: September 10, 2015, 04:55:42 PM »

Welcome! Have some squirrel cookies o// :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: Vi already mentioned the language threads, which are wonderful, and there are a number of art threads around! So if you like to draw (which you do :P) come join us! (I'll let you in on a secret you probably already know: Reynir is so fun to draw ;) )
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #1393 on: September 10, 2015, 05:04:05 PM »
Welcome! Have some squirrel cookies o// :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: Vi already mentioned the language threads, which are wonderful, and there are a number of art threads around! So if you like to draw (which you do :P) come join us! (I'll let you in on a secret you probably already know: Reynir is so fun to draw ;) )

He is. I love drawing his hair, even though it can be a lot of trouble at times.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1394 on: September 10, 2015, 05:05:17 PM »

Welcome Ari!! Have some more squirrel cookies! o/

Also, hello fellow Reynir fan! :D *points to third link in my signature*
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 05:10:07 PM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: