Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580846 times)

silverceleb

• Tumblr
  • haltiamieli
  • Preferred pronouns: hän/se | they
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1365 on: September 09, 2015, 09:39:21 AM »
Oh my so many replies! Thank you all for your warm welcome. C: Your community seem so nice already! Thanks for the links and tips and everything, we'll see how fast I find the courage to actually post to those topics. :'D
Speaks from best -> worst: :finland: | :uk: :usa: | :sweden: | :france: | :china:

:chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Double H

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1366 on: September 09, 2015, 08:24:39 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is Helgi a.k.a. Double H. I've been reading obsessing over SSSS for about a year now and recently decided to check out the fan forum. I've been lurking for a few days now and just wanted to make my first post on the forum to say hi. So... hi.
Pretentious? Moi?

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1367 on: September 09, 2015, 08:30:05 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is Helgi a.k.a. Double H. I've been reading obsessing over SSSS for about a year now and recently decided to check out the fan forum. I've been lurking for a few days now and just wanted to make my first post on the forum to say hi. So... hi.

Hi - and welcome! Have some welcome cookies!  (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Double H

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1368 on: September 09, 2015, 08:54:05 PM »
Hi - and welcome! Have some welcome cookies!  (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Thank you  :D
Pretentious? Moi?

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #1369 on: September 10, 2015, 12:50:11 AM »
Thank you  :D

You're welcome! I'm always happy to make the newbies feel welcome here :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1370 on: September 10, 2015, 04:44:17 AM »
Welcome here, Double H :) *Offers cookies too* :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Steinunn

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1371 on: September 10, 2015, 10:39:58 AM »
Ohh boy I'm bad at this thing but my friend said I should join the forums, so...

Hello everyone.

I'm Steinunn and I have very limited imagination when it comes to picking usernames, I guess, but this one fits the atmosphere, so it's okay.

I'm slightly over 20, and I've been reading SSSS since some months before the book drive.
(incidentally, the book arrived a few days ago and I had NO IDEA it was that, I'm sorry for not recognising the name of the sender).

Probably my favourite character is Emil('s flawless hair), or Sigrun. Or Lalli. Or the new/baby cat, because it's cute.
But honestly, I love everyone. All the characters. Even the gross dogs.

Hmm... what else?
Should probably say I'm Icelandic, I speak English with almost native fluency (and a slight Scottish accent), very bad Danish (the potato sentiment is the absolute truth), and decent baby-level Japanese.

Currently studying entry-level seamstressing, and my hobbies include knitting, knitting, sewing cosplay, and knitting.
Other favourite things include the Japanese story band Sound Horizon, Ankama's works (Wakfu/Dofus/the Krosmoz), Tolkien's works (started the epic journey with Farmer Giles of Ham), Guilty Gear, and ElfQuest. Off the top of my head.

This feels like rambling, so I'll stop now.

Thank you everyone, and I look forward to spending time here in the community.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1372 on: September 10, 2015, 10:42:16 AM »
Ohh boy I'm bad at this thing but my friend said I should join the forums, so...

Hello everyone.

I'm Steinunn and I have very limited imagination when it comes to picking usernames, I guess, but this one fits the atmosphere, so it's okay.

Yayyyyy welcoooome (I might as well confess being the friend who's been bugging this one to join the forum for a while now)! :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

« Reply #1373 on: September 10, 2015, 10:45:36 AM »
Welcome among us Steinunn :) *Holds out a plate of cookies* :squirrelcookie:
Oh, you're from Iceland and you love knitting, sewing and cosplay ? You should meet Laufey ! Edit : or not, you already know Laufey : there were a lot of clues, I should have guessed.
(Knitting is a very good hobby, I'm going back to knit as soon as I'll find the correct knitting stitch for my new project.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1374 on: September 10, 2015, 10:48:07 AM »

Hello everyone.

Hello hello! It's nice to have you here, we're glad to have you! I look forward to getting to know you - any friend of dear Laufey is sure to be an awesome person. : D

Sounds like you share a lot of interests with people here (including myself. Knitting yessssss ahh wonderful!) so I expect you'll fit right in!
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1375 on: September 10, 2015, 10:50:11 AM »

Hello everyone.

I'm slightly over 20, and I've been reading SSSS since some months before the book drive.
(incidentally, the book arrived a few days ago and I had NO IDEA it was that, I'm sorry for not recognising the name of the sender).

Probably my favourite character is Emil('s flawless hair), or Sigrun. Or Lalli. Or the new/baby cat, because it's cute.

Hmm... what else?
Should probably say I'm Icelandic, I speak English with almost native fluency (and a slight Scottish accent), very bad Danish (the potato sentiment is the absolute truth), and decent baby-level Japanese.

Currently studying entry-level seamstressing, and my hobbies include knitting, knitting, sewing cosplay, and knitting.
Other favourite things include the Japanese story band Sound Horizon, Ankama's works (Wakfu/Dofus/the Krosmoz), Tolkien's works (started the epic journey with Farmer Giles of Ham), Guilty Gear, and ElfQuest. Off the top of my head.

Hæææææææææ! It's so exciting to have an Icelander here! I believe you are the one Laufey mentioned, and I promised I wouldn't be too scary, but yes we are so glad to have you here and I really hope you'll stick around because we seriously could use some more representation in the Icelandic area. Also if she told you I took her scissors, don't listen, it wasn't me. I swear.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #1376 on: September 10, 2015, 10:51:34 AM »

Hello everyone.

Hmm... what else?

Welcome! More cookies for you o// :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: I do believe you're our first native Icelander here, though don't quote me I could be wrong ;). I'm sure Laufey's already told you about our wonderful array of threads, but check out the cosplay threads and maybe the language ones, too, they seem like they'd be right up your alley! But most of all, welcome and have fun! Glad to have you join the forum ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1377 on: September 10, 2015, 10:55:28 AM »

Hello everyone.

Hmm... what else?

Welcome to the forum,  it doesn't come as a surprise that Laufey got you involved in this. The interest in knitting and knitting is a dead giveaway. ElfQuest is love.

Steinunn

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1378 on: September 10, 2015, 10:59:21 AM »
Thank you all so much for the warm welcomes!

Yayyyyy welcoooome (I might as well confess being the friend who's been bugging this one to join the forum for a while now)! :D
I'm happy you did, everyone seems very nice here!

Welcome among us Steinunn :) *Holds out a plate of cookies* :squirrelcookie:
Oh, you're from Iceland and you love knitting, sewing and cosplay ? You should meet Laufey ! Edit : or not, you already know Laufey : there were a lot of clues, I should have guessed.
(Knitting is a very good hobby, I'm going back to knit as soon as I'll find the correct knitting stitch for my new project.)
Ahh, thank you for the cookies. And yup, she linked me to her pattern of Reynir's sweater, which I will make once I find a fitting substitute yarn that doesn't sting my shoulders, oh the budget.

Hello hello! It's nice to have you here, we're glad to have you! I look forward to getting to know you - any friend of dear Laufey is sure to be an awesome person. : D

Sounds like you share a lot of interests with people here (including myself. Knitting yessssss ahh wonderful!) so I expect you'll fit right in!
Thank you so much~. I'm sure it'll be a very nice fit.
Hooray for knitting!

Hæææææææææ! It's so exciting to have an Icelander here! I believe you are the one Laufey mentioned, and I promised I wouldn't be too scary, but yes we are so glad to have you here and I really hope you'll stick around because we seriously could use some more representation in the Icelandic area. Also if she told you I took her scissors, don't listen, it wasn't me. I swear.
Hæ!!!
Hahah she said it would be a bit of a novelty, an Icelander on the forums, and I will definitely stick around. And hopefully maybe force the link to the comic on people if I can. AHAHAHAHA!!

Welcome! More cookies for you o// :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: I do believe you're our first native Icelander here, though don't quote me I could be wrong ;). I'm sure Laufey's already told you about our wonderful array of threads, but check out the cosplay threads and maybe the language ones, too, they seem like they'd be right up your alley! But most of all, welcome and have fun! Glad to have you join the forum ;D
YAY! More cookies! Thank you.
I will definitely check those out, yes!

Welcome to the forum,  it doesn't come as a surprise that Laufey got you involved in this. The interest in knitting and knitting is a dead giveaway. ElfQuest is love.
Hahaha yes, she's a sneaky one, but two mentions of how lovely things are here, and I was sold.
EQ is love (but the rest of the Complete Collection needs to be out quicker).

Mélusine

« Reply #1379 on: September 10, 2015, 11:00:06 AM »
Sounds like you share a lot of interests with people here (including myself. Knitting yessssss ahh wonderful!)
Sigur Rós and knitting ? I may have forgot some of the things you could have told us about you at the beginning ^^

Also if she told you I took her scissors, don't listen, it wasn't me. I swear.
Viiiiiii ? Don't tell me you try to steal clothes and scissors which belongs to other persons here ?