Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580953 times)

Lovelia

• Sleepy Kitten
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1350 on: September 05, 2015, 11:40:19 PM »
Welcome Lovelia! I decided to try and learn Finnish but admiring it from a far is also very nice because it gets kinda confusing sometimes  ;D
Hope you like it here in the forums~

Also welcome to all the other newbies that I couldn't greet bc of school sucking my soul away I hope you're enjoying it here too

Thank you Soikia (what a beautiful name!) I already like it here very much. So many cookies *omnomnom* and friendly folks!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 11:42:49 PM by Lovelia »
:germany: :philippines: :usa: :uk: understanding | :france: :spain: learning | :finland: :iceland: admiring
meowing

Dane Murgen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • wannabe polyglot
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them/Their
« Reply #1351 on: September 06, 2015, 01:56:43 AM »
Oh thank you! I shall try out the fancy code with the flags now. I hope it works. *checks tabs* *clickety-clack*

Other languages: Tagalog & Cebuano/Visayan

8)

Sandali lang, po! You're Filipino? So am I! I'll just also be part of the welcoming thing, even though we may not talk to each other much.

So yeah. Welcome to the forum, from the resident Filipino, I guess.

And welcome earthdragon and everyone else!
A life without death is a life not worth living.

Survived: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Speaks+reads: :newzealand:
Speaks: :philippines:
Barely reads: :france:
Can read a few sentences: :china:
Want to learn: twelve other languages, *sigh*

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #1352 on: September 06, 2015, 02:10:38 AM »
Other languages: Tagalog & Cebuano/Visayan
Heh, I actually hear those languages pretty regularly, even though I can't speak them, because most of my friends at church are from the Philippines. :)
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Lovelia

• Sleepy Kitten
« Reply #1353 on: September 06, 2015, 03:44:27 AM »
Yep, Filipina here. :D Yay! Who would've known? Akala ko, I'd see mainly european fans in here. *grins from ear to ear*
:germany: :philippines: :usa: :uk: understanding | :france: :spain: learning | :finland: :iceland: admiring
meowing

Dane Murgen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • wannabe polyglot
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them/Their
« Reply #1354 on: September 06, 2015, 04:08:51 AM »
Yep, Filipina here. :D Yay! Who would've known? Akala ko, I'd see mainly european fans in here. *grins from ear to ear*

Wala namang masyadong marami Pinoy dito. Even I'm only pure blooded Filipino (I live in new Zealand). Hindi ako masyadong magaling sa tagalog, hahaha. I probably made some mistakes there, though. There's another Filipina living somewhere in the Middle East (Kizzy), but she apparently can't speak Tagalog.

Apart from us, though, most people here are European or American, according to the The Reader Map.
A life without death is a life not worth living.

Survived: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Speaks+reads: :newzealand:
Speaks: :philippines:
Barely reads: :france:
Can read a few sentences: :china:
Want to learn: twelve other languages, *sigh*

Adriano

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • We are not in America
« Reply #1355 on: September 08, 2015, 11:09:13 AM »
A warm welcome to every newcomer !

Please, take a sit while I cleanse you with fire. It is normal procedure in the Cleansed World !

Born to be Infected !
'Sometimes life is like getting clogged with a clog' - Wolfie.

:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:
Native : :france:
Fluent : :uk:
Knowing a bit : :germany: :portugal:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #1356 on: September 08, 2015, 02:43:54 PM »
Oh thank you! I shall try out the fancy code with the flags now. I hope it works. *checks tabs* *clickety-clack*

Other languages: Tagalog & Cebuano/Visayan (the latter although being the major lingua franca in the Philippines, which on a side note is not taught formally in schools and universities, is curiously not the national language). Ah languages! Always a fun topic to talk about. I teach German part-time in a small language institute and am trying to learn French on the side. We also had a bit of Spanish in school before. A lot of spanish loanwords can be found in Cebuano, due to the spanish colonization from 1521–1898. Linguistics, art & felines have always been interesting to me. Which is why I like SSSS so much. It fuses several favorites of mine into one splendid artwork. Minna's work has so much style and class that I'm surprised that SSSS is not the #1 webcomic out there!

8)

EEEEE. Hello fellow teacher :). Seems there is quiet a bit of people teaching in here :)
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

silverceleb

• Tumblr
  • haltiamieli
  • Preferred pronouns: hän/se | they
« Reply #1357 on: September 08, 2015, 06:24:36 PM »
Iltaa! (Okei joo yötä...)

Hi! o/

I'm silverceleb, nice to meet you all! I'm a total newbie and oh so excited about SSSS. I accidentally stumbled into it last week and I plan on sticking with it from now on. I'm here to read cool headcanons about everything and maybe cry a little about the perfection that is this webcomic.

My other interests include sleeping, role playing, visual arts, fantasy and science fiction, nature, scouting, fanfiction, socializing, comics, writing poetry, stupidly hilarious jokes, adventures, campfire, any kind of music, cosplay, avoiding adult responsibilities, blueberry pie, and embarrassingly intense fandom surfing. When I was five, my first love was The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio broadcasts but later when I started to read myself I found Tolkien's works to be even more dear for me.

Mostly I like to communicate using Finnish, English or nonverbal sounds, but I used to study also some Swedish and French. This year I'll be starting Chinese lessons but umm I don't think I'll be learning very fast. Languages are hard for me. :C

IRL me is a 22 years old landscape architecture student from HAMK university of applied sciences. I live at Lepaa, Finland - a place most people will never hear and are perfectly happy that way. I have a messed up sleep cycle and two nerdy lovely flatmates. One day I'll maybe have a pet turtle but it is not this day. See you around!
Speaks from best -> worst: :finland: | :uk: :usa: | :sweden: | :france: | :china:

:chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1358 on: September 08, 2015, 06:28:57 PM »

Hi! o/

I'm silverceleb, nice to meet you all! I'm a total newbie and oh so excited about SSSS. I accidentally stumbled into it last week and I plan on sticking with it from now on. I'm here to read cool headcanons about everything and maybe cry a little about the perfection that is this webcomic.

Hello and welcome! Yesss please do come join us in sobbing over how awesome and great SSSS is, there's always room for more. ;p

(Ahhh and you're a Tolkien fan too? Awesome, I like you already. : D )
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1359 on: September 08, 2015, 06:31:15 PM »
Welcome here silverceleb :) Have cookies :squirrelcookie:

I accidentally stumbled into it last week
A lot of us had a similar beginning ::)
So many interests ! I'm sure you'll find a lot of interesting thread on the forum ! (Role playing, fantasy and science-fiction, fanfiction, any kind of music, cosplay, avoiding adult responsibilities, for example might be found here or there...)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 06:36:05 PM by Mélusine »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1360 on: September 08, 2015, 06:34:17 PM »
avoiding adult responsibilities

Well, in that case you are definitely in the right place, welcome!

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1361 on: September 08, 2015, 06:40:35 PM »

Hi! o/

My other interests include sleeping, role playing, visual arts, fantasy and science fiction, nature, scouting, fanfiction, socializing, comics, writing poetry, stupidly hilarious jokes, adventures, campfire, any kind of music, cosplay, avoiding adult responsibilities, blueberry pie, and embarrassingly intense fandom surfing. When I was five, my first love was The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio broadcasts but later when I started to read myself I found Tolkien's works to be even more dear for me.

Mostly I like to communicate using Finnish, English or nonverbal sounds, but I used to study also some Swedish and French. This year I'll be starting Chinese lessons but umm I don't think I'll be learning very fast. Languages are hard for me. :C

IRL me is a 22 years old landscape architecture student from HAMK university of applied sciences. I live at Lepaa, Finland - a place most people will never hear and are perfectly happy that way. I have a messed up sleep cycle and two nerdy lovely flatmates. One day I'll maybe have a pet turtle but it is not this day. See you around!

Hellooooo and welcome!! did you say cosplay and art because i happen to Love cosplay and art :3ccc some threads you might be interested in: SSSS art museum, SSSS cosplay thread, general art museum, art tutorial thread, art supply discussion thread, general cosplay thread, cosplay help thread, and the poetry thread! Have fun and there's a lot more than that!

We have quite a few Tolkien (Noodly Appendage is a very large fan iirc) and Hitchhiker's Guide fans (obviously ParanormalAndroid) :D There are threads for Finnish, Swedish, French, and Chinese in the Language Board!

HOOO that was a lot of links. Again, welcome, and I hope you have a good time!
YEET

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1362 on: September 08, 2015, 06:42:46 PM »
HOOO that was a lot of links.
You're more efficient than me ^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1363 on: September 08, 2015, 08:40:17 PM »
Welcome to all the new people! *passes around cookie plate*
(Ahhh and you're a Tolkien fan too? Awesome, I like you already. : D )
There seem to be kind of a lot of us here. Either there are just more Tolkien people out there than I thought, or people who like one beautiful, well-backstoried, Epic Voyage-ish tale with its roots in Norse mythology like another. Or both. *shrugs*

Edit:
(Noodly Appendage is a very large fan iirc)
ahahaha am I developing a reputation? :*) this made me very happy
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 08:42:25 PM by Noodly Appendage »
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1364 on: September 09, 2015, 04:29:24 AM »

Hi! o/

Welcome to the forum! I see we have largely similar opinions on sleeping, haha. Feel free to join us at the Mandarin-speaking thread? Don't worry about starting off slow, it's a pretty difficult language and we're all rather terrible questionably fluent. :D
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france: