Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580948 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1335 on: September 03, 2015, 02:36:40 PM »
Really? I was looking for the shipping part, but I can't seem to find it. Could you by any chance enlighten me as to where I might find some threads of that category?

Ah, well, I think Captain Solo (solovei) is more or less some kind of shipping magnate for the community. I'm not involved myself actually - but I believe a lot of it happens on the community's AO3 site. I know there are shipping threads but maybe they're currently inactive.

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #1336 on: September 03, 2015, 02:54:26 PM »
Really? I was looking for the shipping part, but I can't seem to find it. Could you by any chance enlighten me as to where I might find some threads of that category?

As Fim said, Solovei.

Captain Solo! You name it, Sol will ship it!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Lovelia

• Sleepy Kitten
« Reply #1337 on: September 05, 2015, 04:08:37 AM »
Hi! I'm mew here. Ever since I started reading SSSS I can't get enough and wait (im)patiently during the week for updates and read through the comment section liking everything I can relate to. I am in big awe of Minna and am on the verge of asking her if she would need a PA because I would so totally do that.  ::)
Reading SSSS has given me a better understanding of these 5 nordic languages. It made me want to learn Finnish but after I saw how complex it is, I think I'll just uhm admire it from afar. I want to learn how to place these little flags into my signature. I'm sorta fluent in English & German and another minor language. Lalli is like my top favorite character. I can relate to him a lot. Like a lot of you I got confused with the genders at the beginning. Hehe that was weird. Good thing there is the character link which enlightened me extensively. So yeah that's it for now and please don't kick me out. I'll just be a little kitten meowing quietly in the corner.
:3
:germany: :philippines: :usa: :uk: understanding | :france: :spain: learning | :finland: :iceland: admiring
meowing

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1338 on: September 05, 2015, 04:17:13 AM »
Welcome Lovelia :) Do you accept cookies even if you define yourself as a little kitten ? :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Lovelia

• Sleepy Kitten
« Reply #1339 on: September 05, 2015, 05:50:32 AM »
Yes. Yes I do love cookies! T-thank you! :D
:germany: :philippines: :usa: :uk: understanding | :france: :spain: learning | :finland: :iceland: admiring
meowing

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #1340 on: September 05, 2015, 06:46:09 AM »
Welcome to all the newcomers! Have some cookies! :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:

I want to learn how to place these little flags into my signature.
Oh! I can help! All you have to do is type the country name between ::, so : france: without the space will give you :france: and : usa: without the space will give you :usa: and so on. :)

I'm sorta fluent in English & German and another minor language.
May I ask which other language? There are lots of speakers of "minor" languages here, so it's entirely possible that somebody else here might also speak that language. And if not, it'd still be pretty cool.

Lalli is like my top favorite character. I can relate to him a lot.

Me too! <3

So yeah that's it for now and please don't kick me out. I'll just be a little kitten meowing quietly in the corner.
:3
Aww, we would never kick you out! Have fun in the corner, but know you don't have to stay there if you don't want to. :)
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Soikia

• You never know when you'll need swing music
« Reply #1341 on: September 05, 2015, 01:07:39 PM »
Welcome Lovelia! I decided to try and learn Finnish but admiring it from a far is also very nice because it gets kinda confusing sometimes  ;D
Hope you like it here in the forums~

Also welcome to all the other newbies that I couldn't greet bc of school sucking my soul away I hope you're enjoying it here too

earthdragonboyscout

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1342 on: September 05, 2015, 04:39:13 PM »
So my co-worker introduced me to SSSS, and now I can't get enough!

I'm Morgan, I'm 18, and American!
I literally cannot chose a favorite character, bc I love all the cast (which is rare.) They are all my children. (I also already am starting to ship things SEND HELP)

Other than the obvious interest in SSSS, I play video games and write fanfiction mostly.
I'm really glad to be a part of this fandom, even though I've only been a fan for a week. You guys seem to me to be a great group, better than other fandoms I've been in in the past.

So HI! :D
Languages:
Fluent: :usa:
Somehow remember bits and pieces: :france:
I took it, but was never any good: :spain:
Would like to learn: :denmark: (please, i want to talk to my cousins, they only speak danish)

Mélusine

« Reply #1343 on: September 05, 2015, 04:42:24 PM »
Hi earthdragonboyscout... earthdragon... mmmh, someone might give you a shorter name one day or an other ^^ You seems to have such a good co-worker ! :D If you like fanfiction, you'll have some things to read on the forum, I'm sure you'll like this place. A welcome cookie ? :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1344 on: September 05, 2015, 04:43:56 PM »

I literally cannot chose a favorite character, bc I love all the cast (which is rare.) They are all my children. (I also already am starting to ship things SEND HELP)

Other than the obvious interest in SSSS, I play video games and write fanfiction mostly.
I'm really glad to be a part of this fandom, even though I've only been a fan for a week. You guys seem to me to be a great group, better than other fandoms I've been in in the past.

Welcome to the forum and to the fandom. That's an ... uh, rather hefty username you got there.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1345 on: September 05, 2015, 04:54:02 PM »

More squirrel cookies of welcome for you! o// :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: Yes, if you want to be referred to by a shorter name, pick it now before we all pick it for you  :P We've got a whole thread dedicated to fanfiction and a video game thread, so you should check those out! And, *ahem* there might be some shipping around here somewhere...go check the SSSS art museum...There miiiiiiiight be something there for you...
Anyway, welcome to the forum! We do have a pretty awesome group here, I'd say, so jump in!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1346 on: September 05, 2015, 05:04:24 PM »

Hi and welcome, fellow American teenager! Glad to have ya in the community - care for even more cookies?

:squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie:
:)/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

earthdragonboyscout

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1347 on: September 05, 2015, 05:09:58 PM »
Hi earthdragonboyscout... earthdragon... mmmh, someone might give you a shorter name one day or an other ^^ You seems to have such a good co-worker ! :D If you like fanfiction, you'll have some things to read on the forum, I'm sure you'll like this place. A welcome cookie ? :squirrelcookie:

Thank you!~ And I love cookies! Cookies are like the best! (But yes my co-worker is a good one.)
Welcome to the forum and to the fandom. That's an ... uh, rather hefty username you got there.

Oh yes, I realize, but it was the least hefty username I had. It was also the most fandom-neutral. We'll find a shorter name for me.
More squirrel cookies of welcome for you! o// :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: Yes, if you want to be referred to by a shorter name, pick it now before we all pick it for you  :P
You guys pick nicknames for members, oh no. I suppose EDBS would work, or earthdragon, as suggested earlier.
Hi and welcome, fellow American teenager! Glad to have ya in the community - care for even more cookies?

:squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie::squirrelcookie:
:)/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Hello fellow American! It's nice to meet everyone!
Languages:
Fluent: :usa:
Somehow remember bits and pieces: :france:
I took it, but was never any good: :spain:
Would like to learn: :denmark: (please, i want to talk to my cousins, they only speak danish)

Mélusine

« Reply #1348 on: September 05, 2015, 05:13:27 PM »
You guys pick nicknames for members, oh no. I suppose EDBS would work, or earthdragon, as suggested earlier.
Well, not everybody, but the longest are often abbreviated after a moment :) If it's not a problem for the member.

Lovelia

• Sleepy Kitten
« Reply #1349 on: September 05, 2015, 11:33:53 PM »
Welcome to all the newcomers! Have some cookies! :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
Oh! I can help! All you have to do is type the country name between ::, so : france: without the space will give you :france: and : usa: without the space will give you :usa: and so on. :)
May I ask which other language? There are lots of speakers of "minor" languages here, so it's entirely possible that somebody else here might also speak that language. And if not, it'd still be pretty cool.

Me too! <3

Oh thank you! I shall try out the fancy code with the flags now. I hope it works. *checks tabs* *clickety-clack*

Other languages: Tagalog & Cebuano/Visayan (the latter although being the major lingua franca in the Philippines, which on a side note is not taught formally in schools and universities, is curiously not the national language). Ah languages! Always a fun topic to talk about. I teach German part-time in a small language institute and am trying to learn French on the side. We also had a bit of Spanish in school before. A lot of spanish loanwords can be found in Cebuano, due to the spanish colonization from 1521–1898. Linguistics, art & felines have always been interesting to me. Which is why I like SSSS so much. It fuses several favorites of mine into one splendid artwork. Minna's work has so much style and class that I'm surprised that SSSS is not the #1 webcomic out there!

8)

meowing