Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581186 times)

Marienara

Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1290 on: August 28, 2015, 07:48:08 PM »
Lol, I'm still in the northwest, but I'm one state south of Washington.

Kainaikelio

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1291 on: August 29, 2015, 07:47:48 PM »
Hello everyone!

I'm Italian, 17 years old. I was born in Florence, but right now I'm in Norway as an exchange student for a whole year: precisely I'm in Lofoten (yaaay, stockfish!).

I've been reading the comic since january 2014, and i fell in love with it! It gave me interest in the Nordic countries, and then I saw the opportunity to be an exchange student,
aaand then I've been sent to Lofoten, and i love it so far ;D pretty difficult to learn norwegian though :/

I did not considered to enter in the forum until recently when I started to lurk more. I like books (novels), comics, listening to music (rock mostly), and hanging out with fellows; also play football and do alpine skiing.Fav subjects: History, Geography and Literature.

Besides, the community looks awesome! ;)

reminder: Sigrun is best girl.
"Non auro sed ferro."

native::italy:
secondary: :uk: :germany: :spain:
school: :vaticancity: :greece:
learning r/n: :norway:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1292 on: August 29, 2015, 08:05:49 PM »
Hello everyone!

I'm Italian, 17 years old. I was born in Florence, but right now I'm in Norway as an exchange student for a whole year: precisely I'm in Lofoten (yaaay, stockfish!).

I've been reading the comic since january 2014, and i fell in love with it! It gave me interest in the Nordic countries, and then I saw the opportunity to be an exchange student,
aaand then I've been sent to Lofoten, and i love it so far ;D pretty difficult to learn norwegian though :/

Wow, you're doing exchange in Norway? How cool! Good luck with the language!
Anyway, welcome from another books-and-history lover ; ) You'll fit in very well here, I'm sure.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1293 on: August 29, 2015, 10:01:09 PM »
reminder: Sigrun is best girl.

GUYS! WE'VE GOT ANOTHER FOR THE SIGRUNVOID!
There are many Sigrun fans here ;) Welcome to the forum! Have some squirrel cookies o// :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: We've got some Italians and some Norwegians here too, so you may find some people to talk to there, and there are language threads if you want to practice. We've got book threads and music threads as well, so I'm sure you'll find lots to do. So welcome again! Have fun here!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1294 on: August 29, 2015, 10:04:24 PM »
GUYS! WE'VE GOT ANOTHER FOR THE SIGRUNVOID!

Ooohhh welcome to the Sigrunvoid! Laufey is at the middle of it, but several of us also live there now. I hope you enjoy it here! :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #1295 on: August 30, 2015, 04:17:19 AM »
Welcome here Kainaikelio :) *Offers cookies* :squirrelcookie:
(And the community is awesome, you'll see !)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Kainaikelio

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1296 on: August 30, 2015, 07:31:25 AM »
Thanks all!  ;)
"Non auro sed ferro."

native::italy:
secondary: :uk: :germany: :spain:
school: :vaticancity: :greece:
learning r/n: :norway:

Baskor

« Reply #1297 on: August 30, 2015, 07:05:16 PM »
Hi everyone!

After months passed in the shadows without contact with the rest of the community, I finally decided to introduce myself!
I'm Andrea, a proud Italian with a great love for books and movies. I've gotta say, I didn't expect such a friendly community!
I've started reading this comic during my free time at school and I was prepared for another badly written excuse of a drama. Instead I've got one of the most original and interesting comics ever! Well, I think that's what satisfaction feels like!
That's all! And now I take you... TO THE WEATHER. (Did anyone catch the reference? No? Ok...)

Mélusine

« Reply #1298 on: August 30, 2015, 07:09:36 PM »
Welcome in this amazing community, Baskor :) A cookie ? A cookie :squirrelcookie:
(Books are always a good idea.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1299 on: August 30, 2015, 07:10:16 PM »
Hi everyone!

After months passed in the shadows without contact with the rest of the community, I finally decided to introduce myself!
I'm Andrea, a proud Italian with a great love for books and movies. I've gotta say, I didn't expect such a friendly community!
I've started reading this comic during my free time at school and I was prepared for another badly written excuse of a drama. Instead I've got one of the most original and interesting comics ever! Well, I think that's what satisfaction feels like!
That's all! And now I take you... TO THE WEATHER. (Did anyone catch the reference? No? Ok...)

Hellohello and welcome! It's great that you're finding the community to your liking!

Totally agree with what you say about the comic - and I have a feeling that over time, it will get even better.

(Also, I understood that reference!!)
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1300 on: August 30, 2015, 07:35:48 PM »
Hi everyone!

Welcome, Andrea!  There are already several other Italians on this forum, including Nimphy, Kainaikelio and Lucy C.

You have an intriguing forum icon -- what is it from? 

...also, is there a reason you quote the "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" part of Dante's Inferno?...  :o
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 07:46:13 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1301 on: August 30, 2015, 07:42:41 PM »
Hi everyone!

ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD! ALL HAIL THE GLOW CLOUD!
*ahem*
Yes, I got the reference ;). Welcome to the forum! Have some squirrel cookies: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: We've gotten a big influx of Italians lately (aka the exact opposite of a problem). And yes, this is a really friendly community, and it only gets more so once you start interacting with them. Of course we've got plenty of places were you can discuss the comic. So come out of those shadows, and enjoy this forum!

And Sunflower, it looks to me like some Welcome to Night Vale fanart, if I'm not mistaken  ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1302 on: August 30, 2015, 08:27:51 PM »
And now I take you... TO THE WEATHER. (Did anyone catch the reference? No? Ok...)

*turns up music* I love this song!  ;D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Baskor

« Reply #1303 on: August 31, 2015, 04:46:04 AM »
Squirrel cookies AND people who know Night Vale? This must be heaven!
Yes, my icon is taken from one of my favorite Night Vale moments (he... HE IS HOLDING A CAT).
Oh, and I quoted Dante because I absolutely love that part. I don't know why, maybe I'm just creepy. Yup, that's probably it.

Miss Honeyham

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • *coughing fit*
« Reply #1304 on: August 31, 2015, 09:10:35 AM »
Hello, y'all! After many months of not being (vocally) active in the SSSS community, I figured I should re-introduce myself as a newbie again. I'm Chloe or Miss Honeyham, and I'm from the USA. No particular area (I'm the same age as Lalli and have lived in at least 7 states) although at the moment I live in Florida.

I know English and am studying Ancient Greek. I like being indoors, pink, and drawing stuff. Other pastimes are playing with fire, lying on the floor, crying, and drawing stupid comics and cute children. I will talk you to death.

Emil is the best character, admit this or taste my wrath. I've been following SSSS since about the second half of the prologue... I'd found it before then, but aRTD didn't catch my fancy so I didn't put SSSS at the top of my reading list. Now I am a rabid fan and check it religiously every morning.

Rock on, and I'll see you all around!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 09:15:29 AM by Miss Honeyham »
:usa: | :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :book1: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: