Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581067 times)

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1230 on: August 17, 2015, 10:05:18 PM »

Did you make a squirrel cookie emoji?!  :o
This needs to be added to the forum emojis ASAP! ;D

(Also welcome to all the new people. You all seem pretty cool.  :) )
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1231 on: August 17, 2015, 10:18:54 PM »
Did you make a squirrel cookie emoji?!  :o
This needs to be added to the forum emojis ASAP! ;D

(I was waiting for somebody to notice!) :))
It totally does; then anybody'll be able to give squirrel cookies to newbies :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1232 on: August 18, 2015, 04:57:10 AM »
It totally does; then anybody'll be able to give squirrel cookies to newbies :D
Wonderful idea ! :D
And welcome, Satakieli !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Satakieli

• Super-Newbie
  • Hejsan!
« Reply #1233 on: August 18, 2015, 07:50:47 AM »
Wonderful idea ! :D
And welcome, Satakieli !

Yaaay, more squirrel cookies! :D Didn't know they were a new emoji, so thanks for that Piney, now I feel special c:
:usa: :uk: :sweden: :germany:
Potato-level :denmark:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1234 on: August 18, 2015, 12:28:16 PM »
Yaaay, more squirrel cookies! :D Didn't know they were a new emoji, so thanks for that Piney, now I feel special c:

Heheh, you're welcome :D It's just a little pixel drawing and not (yet?) an emoji, though.

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

ProudOne

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1235 on: August 18, 2015, 06:03:16 PM »
Guten Tag zusammen.
Hello everyone.

I'm originally from Germany Zat explehns my akzent.
Mostly here because the comic sucked me in and I enjoy rolling in other people's fandom glitter and throwing around handfuls of my own stash.
Art-wise I, uh, can't draw a decent stick figure - but I'm known to make music that at the very least won't give you a rash. heuheuheu

Looking forward to geeking out with all y'all.
Fließend
Fluent

Did you know:
"Lallen" means "To slur ones speech" in German.
Lalli - you poor sap.

Mélusine

« Reply #1236 on: August 18, 2015, 06:09:15 PM »
Welcome, ProudOne ! :) Now I can offer you some cookies and stop disturbing Piney by calling her when new persons come here ! ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #1237 on: August 18, 2015, 06:10:38 PM »
Guten Tag zusammen.
Hello everyone.

Mostly here because the comic sucked me in and I enjoy rolling in other people's fandom glitter and throwing around handfuls of my own stash.
Art-wise I, uh, can't draw a decent stick figure - but I'm known to make music that at the very least won't give you a rash. heuheuheu

(Darn, ninja'd by Mélusine again)

Welcome! Have some squirrel cookies of our dear Piney's creation! She'll probably be around in a bit to give you more, but so long as I'm here, I might as well ;D We've got some other Germans around here somewhere, so you might enjoy talking to them, and of course we've got plenty of places for music! (And we don't just have fandom glitter, we have ð and þ shaped confetti!) So check out all the threads and by all means, geek out hard. I look forward to seeing you around here!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Mélusine

« Reply #1238 on: August 18, 2015, 06:16:09 PM »
(Darn, ninja'd by Mélusine again)
It might be because here it's the hour I begin to say to myself "Maybe you should go to bed. Yes, it may be a good idea indeed. I check the forum one last time. Just in case." (Repeat that during *Sighs* too many time ?)

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1239 on: August 19, 2015, 02:49:40 AM »
Guten Tag zusammen.
Hello everyone.

Did Ana mention more cookies? Here, have more cookies! *points below* And welcome! :D

\o/

DarkRawen

• Rawen can do it!
« Reply #1240 on: August 19, 2015, 06:44:52 AM »
Guten Tag zusammen.
Hello everyone.

*Listen to music*

I like it, is the Nordic council inspired by SSSS? I like it, it's not "messy" and filled with sounds just because, but it still has enough details to make you listen for all the tiny bits (totally makes sense). It's a compliment, btw :P
Also, hello, fellow newbie (:

microFerret

• Preferred pronouns: is, hic, ille, ipse, idem
« Reply #1241 on: August 19, 2015, 09:40:31 PM »
Hello, I'm microFerret, and I am a student from the Western US. I'm older than Tuomi but younger than Lalli, and unfortunately I do not know any of the languages of the Known World. In fact, I only seem to be able to learn languages that have no native speakers, such as Latin, Pig Latin, and Lisp (an obscure programming language that is nearing its 50th birthday). I'm obsessed with electronics and electromagnetism (this is what my username is a reference to), but my skill in circuitry does not reflect this. I also am a huge nerd when it comes to astronomy, biotech, and random historical things no one else cares about. I've only known about SSSS for a little over a month, and this is my second day on the forum. I like making cheesy science jokes and puns, but most of the time they're more obscure and less funny than I think they are. I'll try to spare everyone...
...but sometimes I can't help myself.
Two cats are sitting on a sloped roof. Which one slides off first?
Answer:
Spoiler: show
The one with the lowest mu!

Explanation:
In physics, mu is the coefficient of friction

Valete, v'omnes, et nolite a trolli edi!

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #1242 on: August 19, 2015, 09:49:18 PM »
Hello, I'm microFerret, and I am a student from the Western US. I'm older than Tuomi but younger than Lalli, and unfortunately I do not know any of the languages of the Known World. In fact, I only seem to be able to learn languages that have no native speakers, such as Latin, Pig Latin, and Lisp (an obscure programming language that is nearing its 50th birthday). I'm obsessed with electronics and electromagnetism (this is what my username is a reference to), but my skill in circuitry does not reflect this. I also am a huge nerd when it comes to astronomy, biotech, and random historical things no one else cares about. I've only known about SSSS for a little over a month, and this is my second day on the forum. I like making cheesy science jokes and puns, but most of the time they're more obscure and less funny than I think they are. I'll try to spare everyone...
Answer:

Explanation:

Hello and welcome to the Forum! Someone should be along with the party prep soon, but in the meantime I hope you enjoy your stay; everyone's really nice! :)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #1243 on: August 19, 2015, 09:56:11 PM »
Answer:

Explanation:

Welcome, welcome! Squirrel cookies for you ! If you ever do want to try your hand at a new language, there are plenty of people around to help, but Latin sounds really cool (I'm taking a semester of it in the fall)! I can't speak for anyone else, but I love science stuff too, and I'm always up for learning some more obscure facts! And as for cheesy science jokes, I don't think anyone will complain. I make chemistry jokes, too!
but only periodically.

Ha. Yes I know that was bad. Anyway, welcome! I think you'll fit right in here ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1244 on: August 19, 2015, 09:56:34 PM »
Hello, I'm microFerret, and I am a student from the Western US. I'm older than Tuomi but younger than Lalli, and unfortunately I do not know any of the languages of the Known World. In fact, I only seem to be able to learn languages that have no native speakers, such as Latin, Pig Latin, and Lisp (an obscure programming language that is nearing its 50th birthday).

I'm obsessed with electronics and electromagnetism (this is what my username is a reference to), but my skill in circuitry does not reflect this. I also am a huge nerd when it comes to astronomy, biotech, and random historical things no one else cares about.

I think you'll fit in juuuuust fiiiine here, microFerret.  :D  Most of us are also "huge nerds" over something or other, and your enthusiasm for random historical things might prove quite valuable in the Known World.  (The French have a kinder term -- for "nerds" they say "passionnés.")

I in particular am glad to see another Latinist here.  Did you sign off with the Latin equivalent of "Nighty-night, y'all, and don't let the bedbugs trolls bite"?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:25:09 AM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany: