Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580952 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1170 on: August 07, 2015, 06:32:34 PM »
Hello all! My real name is Johanna, Johannabelle is a nickname. I hail from the rainy west coast of the United States and I'm only fluent in English, for now. I attempted learning German a while ago, but it wasn't originally my idea, so it sort of faded away. Though I know tiny snippets, it's not really substantial enough to begin to understand anything.

I found aRTD a couple months ago when I was looking through landscapes on Deviantart. Minna had a beautiful drawing of the waterway in chapter 3 of aRTD and she said it was from her webcomic. I was pretty bored, so reading a webcomic seemed like a great idea, and it was! A Redtail's Dream was absolutely wonderful, and once I finished it I started on SSSS late June. Before I started reading, I was a little skeptical because I was not a huge fan of post-apocalyptic stuff, but I read it anyways. It was definitely worth it. ;D

Mostly I like to draw, and I actually don't usually comment on anything online, so this is a rare appearance. Maybe I'll be more active here? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I've actually been stalking the forums here for about a month, and finally decided to make an account.

Also, if procrastination was an olympic sport, I'd be a multi gold medalist. I made this account last night and put off introducing myself until now. Not to mention I put off even joining the forums for a month. XD

Welcome to the forum! If you're fluent in drawing and procrastination you will fit right in, I promise you that.

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #1171 on: August 07, 2015, 06:39:46 PM »
Welcome to the forum! If you're fluent in drawing and procrastination you will fit right in, I promise you that.

Ah, that's reassuring.
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1172 on: August 07, 2015, 11:20:02 PM »
Welcome, fellow West Coaster! I like your art.
Also, yes, this is my first/only fan community. Aaaaand now my family has to pry me off the laptop to eat. :P

Iceland sounded cool before, now it's just eating at me like a rash.
:< NOPE
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1173 on: August 08, 2015, 05:16:33 AM »
Welcome to the forum, all the persons I hadn't seen before :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1174 on: August 08, 2015, 08:57:07 AM »
Yes, certainly... join the club of procrastination and you'll never return to a normal schedule...
In other words, welcome to the forum! I have an exam for two weeks I haven't prepared for! *throws sad confetti everywhere*
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france:

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1175 on: August 10, 2015, 02:28:15 PM »
Hello everyone! My name is Olga, I am from Saint-Petersburg, Russia.

I'm fan of SSSS about just a couple of months, and really love it!

I like reading and travelling: my hobbies are cosplay and glass painting. You can see my projects, for example, here: http://helle-de-gaard.deviantart.com/gallery/

I am also fond of languages. I can speak English, French, some Italian and a bit Japanese, now trying to learn Danish.

Glad to join this fan community!
Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

Mélusine

« Reply #1176 on: August 10, 2015, 02:32:21 PM »
Welcome again, Olga :) I'm sure we still have some cookies...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1177 on: August 10, 2015, 02:34:19 PM »

I like reading and travelling: my hobbies are cosplay and glass painting. You can see my projects, for example, here: http://helle-de-gaard.deviantart.com/gallery/

I am also fond of languages. I can speak English, French, some Italian and a bit Japanese, now trying to learn Danish.

Welcome, fellow artist and cosplayer! :D I hope you enjoy your time here!
YEET

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1178 on: August 10, 2015, 02:38:18 PM »

Welcome! :D I think you will fit right in! :)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1179 on: August 10, 2015, 02:38:27 PM »

I'm learning Danish too! You can come practice with us over in the danish thread! :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Kat Sohma

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Neopolitan Stan
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1180 on: August 10, 2015, 05:16:04 PM »
Hello!
I realised a proper introduction should probably be made by me for y'all.
My name is Kat M. and I'm 16, living in the US.
I've been a fan probably since April. I love this comic.
I like food (especially sweets), drawing, reading, writing, and apparently running blogs.
And cosplay
I like cosplay
And by my signature below, you can tell that I love learning languages, but I have too many being learnt.
But hi to y'all. :3
Intergalactic nb lesbian, at your service. Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book1: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #1181 on: August 10, 2015, 10:08:45 PM »
Hello!
I realised a proper introduction should probably be made by me for y'all.
My name is Kat M. and I'm 16, living in the US.
I've been a fan probably since April. I love this comic.
I like food (especially sweets), drawing, reading, writing, and apparently running blogs.
And cosplay
I like cosplay
And by my signature below, you can tell that I love learning languages, but I have too many being learnt.
But hi to y'all. :3

Welcome, welcome! I'm not too good at these, but someone should come along with all the celebration doo-dads soon! And omg, your Braidy blog is great! Haven't laughed this hard in a while. =D I hope you enjoy your stay!
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Lainer3

« Reply #1182 on: August 11, 2015, 04:02:44 PM »

Welcome!
You should definitely come talk to us in the Danish thread!

Cliodna

• DeviantArt
  • Celibate because I don't give a ****
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #1183 on: August 11, 2015, 08:13:57 PM »
Hello everyone!

You may call me Cliodna. I am a 21-year old female from Estonia. I've been watching Minna on deviantART for years, but only recently gave her webcomics a try, plowed through both of them and loved every page.

My hobbies are mainly art and roleplaying, with a side of prehistory and animation. I've LARPed a bit in my life, as well as played Pathfinder and DnD, with the biggest obstacle being that until recently I lived in an area with no other roleplayers in the vicinity. I mostly do freeform or semi-freeform roleplays in Skype or roll20. I draw illustrations of my characters, as well as scenes from my stories and roleplays and dream about learning to make cartoons. As a kid I wanted to become "the one who catches the Loch Ness monster". The urge to do so has passed, but I've held an interest in dinosaurs ever since.

I've recommended SSSS to my roll20 gaming group, which includes an icelander who seemed pleased to see his country represented. I love how this comic treats finnish magic. My favorite character is Lalli and I half-jokingly ship him with Emil.

I am currently in the middle of weaving some headcanon regarding tiny surviving Estonian settlements in Saimaa and their attempts to clean Gogland. I'm considering writing it all up and publishing it somewhere on the forum, but I'm afraid that my national pride would shine through like a cornflower-colored barnswallow-patterned beacon thus clouding my judgement. :P
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 08:16:40 PM by Cliodna »
Fluent: :estonia: :uk:
Fluent if I hadn't slept through class: :germany: :finland:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #1184 on: August 11, 2015, 08:17:44 PM »
Hello everyone!

You may call me Cliodna. I am a 21-year old female from Estonia. I've been watching Minna on deviantART for years, but only recently gave her webcomics a try, plowed through both of them and loved every page.

My hobbies are mainly art and roleplaying, with a side of prehistory and animation. I've LARPed a bit in my life, as well as played Pathfinder and DnD, with the biggest obstacle being that until recently I lived in an area with no other roleplayers in the vicinity. I mostly do freeform or semi-freeform roleplays in Skype or roll20. I draw illustrations of my characters, as well as scenes from my stories and roleplays and dream about learning to make cartoons. As a kid I wanted to become "the one who catches the Loch Ness monster". The urge to do so has passed, but I've held an interest in dinosaurs ever since.

I've recommended SSSS to my roll20 gaming group, which includes an icelander who seemed pleased to see his country represented. I love how this comic treats finnish magic. My favorite character is Lalli and I half-jokingly ship him with Emil.

I am currently in the middle of weaving some headcanon regarding tiny surviving Estonian settlements in Saimaa and their attempts to clean Gogland. I'm considering writing it all up and publishing it somewhere on the forum, but I'm afraid that my national pride would shine through like a cornflower-colored barnswallow-patterned beacon thus clouding my judgement. :P

OH an estonian *u* HELLO
*didn't read more after "from estonia"*
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20: