Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581074 times)

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1080 on: July 16, 2015, 05:40:04 PM »
Heh heh, yeWait what!?

... I've been here for a while and no one's mentioned that part!

It goes without saying. Our artists need the best squirrel fur brushes, but just throwing all that good meat away... :P

After having tasted Windfighters cookies (which have been praised by strangers I shared them with), I totally understand why people can be addict to cookies, especially in this fandom.

Hehe. I only had the pleasure of tasting Helia's masterpieces so far, but I think I can completely agree with you. :D
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #1081 on: July 16, 2015, 06:04:02 PM »
Heh heh, yeWait what!?

... I've been here for a while and no one's mentioned that part!

no one needed to do so... cause it is known *nods*
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1082 on: July 16, 2015, 06:07:54 PM »
no one needed to do so... cause it is known *nods*

It is known.  8)  C'mon, Fimby, were you outside punching trolls whenever this came up?  Or do you not frequent the Disqus thread, the major carrier of the squirrel-cookie disease meme? 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1083 on: July 16, 2015, 06:10:24 PM »
It is known.  8)  C'mon, Fimby, were you outside punching trolls whenever this came up?  Or do you not frequent the Disqus thread, the major carrier of the squirrel-cookie disease meme?
that explains why I didn't know this, either... and I've been in the chat enough times to see how frequently people get showered in cookies.
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1084 on: July 16, 2015, 06:28:16 PM »

Can I pick both explanations because they are both very likely.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1085 on: July 16, 2015, 07:08:48 PM »
...and the squirrels (crucial ingredient of the cookies) weren't even mentioned yet...

'Scuse you, squirrel is not an ingredient in any of my cookies! *points to signature* >:( (I've made this clear on Disqus several times)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #1086 on: July 16, 2015, 11:48:33 PM »
'Scuse you, squirrel is not an ingredient in any of my cookies! *points to signature* >:( (I've made this clear on Disqus several times)
I believe some people have squirrels acting as assistants for the baking. Only a few people use squirrels in the recipes. I just train the extra squirrels to be ninjas for LarsB's squirrel army.  8)
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Silentsword

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1087 on: July 17, 2015, 12:46:59 AM »
I was pointed here too!

I'm Silentsword, I go by that in a number of places.  In my free time, I'm heavily involved in the congoing and cosplay community for Touhou and Fire Emblem in the New England/Mid-Atlantic region (if anyone here has been to the Touhou Project panels or photoshoots at Otakon/Anime Central/Katsucon/Nekocon/Anime Boston/MAGFest, I'm the little guy, as opposed to the two-meter-tall guy, who helps run these things).  By day I'm an attorney, and about to take the patent exam.  Aaaaand I guess that about covers it!  I'm much easier to chase down on IRC, I will say that.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #1088 on: July 17, 2015, 01:34:14 AM »
I was pointed here too!

I'm Silentsword, I go by that in a number of places.  In my free time, I'm heavily involved in the congoing and cosplay community for Touhou and Fire Emblem in the New England/Mid-Atlantic region (if anyone here has been to the Touhou Project panels or photoshoots at Otakon/Anime Central/Katsucon/Nekocon/Anime Boston/MAGFest, I'm the little guy, as opposed to the two-meter-tall guy, who helps run these things). 

By day I'm an attorney, and about to take the patent exam.  Aaaaand I guess that about covers it!  I'm much easier to chase down on IRC, I will say that.

Welcome, Silentsword!  If there's just one MAGFest, the one somewhere in Virginia, as opposed to multiple regional franchises, you might have crossed paths with some of our most esteemed members, including Starfallz, Flik, and Eich (this forum's revered founder).  (There are photos of them at MAGFest last fall, somewhere in the deep historic archives here.)

And you're about to take the patent exam?  Wow.  I hear that's terrifyingly hard -- but patent attorneys have to know an awful lot and be comfortable with a lot of kinds of technology and intellectual property.

And in case you ever wanted *more* legal argumentation  ;D, let me direct you to this discussion in the PerSSSSonas board...
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=537.msg48318#msg48318
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=537.msg48335#msg48335
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #1089 on: July 17, 2015, 03:45:17 AM »
I was pointed here too!

I'm Silentsword, I go by that in a number of places.  In my free time, I'm heavily involved in the congoing and cosplay community for Touhou and Fire Emblem in the New England/Mid-Atlantic region (if anyone here has been to the Touhou Project panels or photoshoots at Otakon/Anime Central/Katsucon/Nekocon/Anime Boston/MAGFest, I'm the little guy, as opposed to the two-meter-tall guy, who helps run these things).  By day I'm an attorney, and about to take the patent exam.  Aaaaand I guess that about covers it!  I'm much easier to chase down on IRC, I will say that.
Welcome to the forum! :)
By any chance, has anyone mentioned yet, that we also have a Cosplay thread...? Just saying. ;)

Spoiler: to fim, au and piney, whose cookies are so not made of mammals • show

"Can I pick both explanations because they are both very likely."

Fim, as the honorable almost-Sigrun of the forum, you have the right to pick ALL THE EXPLANATIONS! (And some extra cookies.)

"'Scuse you, squirrel is not an ingredient in any of my cookies! *points to signature* >:( (I've made this clear on Disqus several times)"
"I believe some people have squirrels acting as assistants for the baking. Only a few people use squirrels in the recipes. I just train the extra squirrels to be ninjas for LarsB's squirrel army."

That would explain a lot...! O__O
*scurries back to her lair with a sigh, starts writing "Piney's cookies are not made of squirrels" for 100 times onto the blackboard*

***EDIT***
(Also, thanks for the corrections, Sunflower! The mistake was in the quotations, though. It seems the "spoiler" can't handle those. :) )
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 04:33:35 PM by Sharion »
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1090 on: July 17, 2015, 05:40:53 AM »
C'mon, Fimby, were you outside punching trolls whenever this came up?
Well, I guess that someone needs to walk out-n-up to them and chop those squirrel-shaped bits offa them that just happen to be able to read and understand delivery address labels ... >:D
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #1091 on: July 17, 2015, 01:54:51 PM »
Welcome to the forum! :)
By any chance, has anyone mentioned yet, that we also have a Cosplay thread...? Just saying. ;)

Spoiler: to fim, au and piney, who's cookies are so not made of mammals • show
As the honorable almost-Sigrun of the forum, you have the right to pick ALL THE EXPLANATIONS! (And some extra cookies.)
*scurries back to her lair with a sigh, starts writing "Piney's cookies are not made of squirrels" for 100 times onto the blackboard*
[/spoiler]

FYI, using apostrophes in spoilers locks them open.  (Commas are fine; I don't know what effect other types of punctuation have.)
Try this:
Spoiler: to fim, au and piney, whose cookies are so not made of mammals • show
[/b]As the honorable almost-Sigrun of the forum, you have the right to pick ALL THE EXPLANATIONS! (And some extra cookies.)

hav

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1092 on: July 17, 2015, 03:00:09 PM »
Hi! I'm new! Just in time for chapter break? Okay! Just a few weeks, could've been worse. :3

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1093 on: July 17, 2015, 03:02:16 PM »
Hi! I'm new! Just in time for chapter break? Okay! Just a few weeks, could've been worse. :3

How many toes do you have?

hav

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1094 on: July 17, 2015, 03:08:47 PM »
How many toes do you have?

*shifty look*

*puts on socks*

....enough?