Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581003 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1050 on: July 09, 2015, 05:50:46 PM »
Welcome, Dalahästen :) Everyone is very nice and welcoming here, I'm sure you'll feel good, being "an artist" (= drawing ? Because, you play music, you're an artist, am I wrong ?) or not ^^ May I offer tea while waiting for cookies ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1051 on: July 09, 2015, 05:54:42 PM »
*Taps microphone* Is this working?

Hrrrrmmm. So. I'm Dalahästen, the badass chainsaw-train. Except that I am not a train nor that badass.

I usually don't share too much information online, but I am not from North America nor Asia. I guess that shortens the possibilities :D

I'm 23, I love playing and listening to music, reading webcomics (no way, Sherlock!) and playing games. I am currently an engineering student and hopefully will be able to cross out the "student" part somewhat soon.

You've all been super nice to me even though I am no artist in the fanart thread, so I took the suggestion and came here for an introduction ^-^ it's really nice meeting (?) you all. <3

Welcome to the forum! :D The community here is really sweet and welcoming and I hope you have a good time!
YEET

Dalahästen

« Reply #1052 on: July 09, 2015, 06:17:25 PM »
Croeso hefyd!
Another musician? Well, you've probably already seen the music threads, but I've got to ask (like I ask everyone)- what instrument(s) do you play?
And gaming's cool too, we've got a Steam group here: https://staging.steamcommunity.com/groups/ssss_fans
If you feel like talking to any of us, our IRC channel is here: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=ssss
Seeya around!

Diolch yn fawr iawn!

I started with the bass when I was just a kid, and moved on to acoustic guitar, ocarina, flute and ukulele along the years :D And you?
I haven't seen the music threads! I'm still exploring and getting used to it all to be honest. I'd join the steam group but it has my real name and location, so perhaps I'll add people individually as I get to know them better. Thanks for the invite though :)

Welcome, Dalahästen :) Everyone is very nice and welcoming here, I'm sure you'll feel good, being "an artist" (= drawing ? Because, you play music, you're an artist, am I wrong ?) or not ^^ May I offer tea while waiting for cookies ?

True, true, I guess music does count. I have the impression I'm gonna get a cookie overdose in this community :D But who caaaares, cooookieeesss!!!  ::) ::)

Welcome to the forum! :D The community here is really sweet and welcoming and I hope you have a good time!

Thanks for the very warm welcoming <3
:book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:

:artd:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #1053 on: July 09, 2015, 06:47:30 PM »
Diolch yn fawr iawn!

I started with the bass when I was just a kid, and moved on to acoustic guitar, ocarina, flute and ukulele along the years :D And you?
I haven't seen the music threads! I'm still exploring and getting used to it all to be honest. I'd join the steam group but it has my real name and location, so perhaps I'll add people individually as I get to know them better. Thanks for the invite though :)
Someone else speaks even a little Welsh, oh god, that's brilliant. There's now two people who can understand what I'm saying, even if it is just the basics.
And bass is cool, as is guitar. I play guitar and synths (anything on a MIDI keyboard, basically), myself, and I had a brief stint with the clarinet which I'm glad is over, frankly.
As for the Steam group, no worries- your choice, after all.

Mélusine

« Reply #1054 on: July 09, 2015, 06:50:38 PM »
Someone else speaks even a little Welsh, oh god, that's brilliant. There's now two people who can understand what I'm saying, even if it is just the basics.
Sw... Swa... No, I don't remember. It ends with -mae or something like that.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #1055 on: July 10, 2015, 12:35:54 PM »
I usually don't share too much information online, but I am not from North America nor Asia. I guess that shortens the possibilities :D
Oooooh, excellent! I was worried that the fandom map might never get a single marker pinned onto Antarctica. :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Danskjavlar

• Preferred pronouns: He/Him
« Reply #1056 on: July 16, 2015, 11:34:03 AM »
Hello, I first discovered SSSS late last year when I saw the language family graph posted to Reddit (yes I hate Reddit too) and really loved the art style. I ended up reading the prolouge and then sort of puting off reading the rest of it for a while until now.

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1057 on: July 16, 2015, 11:43:52 AM »
Hello, I first discovered SSSS late last year when I saw the language family graph posted to Reddit (yes I hate Reddit too) and really loved the art style. I ended up reading the prolouge and then sort of puting off reading the rest of it for a while until now.
Hi! Welcome to the forum~ :)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1058 on: July 16, 2015, 12:24:52 PM »

That's an interesting username. To put it mildly.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1059 on: July 16, 2015, 12:34:53 PM »
Hello, I first discovered SSSS late last year when I saw the language family graph posted to Reddit (yes I hate Reddit too) and really loved the art style. I ended up reading the prologue and then sort of putting off reading the rest of it for a while until now.
That's an interesting username. To put it mildly.

We'd love to hear a little more about you, uh, D.?  Occupation, interests, other comics (if any) that you read, what inspired that name?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #1060 on: July 16, 2015, 01:26:10 PM »
Good lord, that name.
But welcome!

Danskjavlar

« Reply #1061 on: July 16, 2015, 01:48:34 PM »
My username is a reference to this :P

I'm a 19 year old from England who wastes too much time looking up pointless things on the Internet and am currently attempting to learn German. The only other webcomic I read at the moment is a relatively new one called Drugs & Wires by a cyberpunk artist who I like.

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1062 on: July 16, 2015, 01:54:17 PM »
My username is a reference to this :P

I'm a 19 year old from England who wastes too much time looking up pointless things on the Internet and am currently attempting to learn German. The only other webcomic I read at the moment is a relatively new one called Drugs & Wires by a cyberpunk artist who I like.
You should check out the Language board, then! There's a few German speakers/learners on the forum who would be happy to help you out :)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Danskjavlar

« Reply #1063 on: July 16, 2015, 02:17:17 PM »
You should check out the Language board, then! There's a few German speakers/learners on the forum who would be happy to help you out :)
Yeah, I've already seen it, dunno what I'll post though

Mélusine

« Reply #1064 on: July 16, 2015, 02:31:35 PM »
Welcome here Danskjavlar :)