Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581213 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1035 on: July 07, 2015, 03:43:38 PM »
Welcome, Coda!  I'm sure the other Canadians here will be happy to add to their number.

So you're a musician!  What do you play?  And are you aware of the music-sharing thread, the SSSS Band/Orchestra thread, and the ongoing project to make SSSS Vol. 1 into a musical?

And welcome to online fandom.  I was never involved with anything like this either, then *poof* less than a year later I'm one of the site admins!  (SSSS is quite addictive, I'm warning you.   ;) )

We work hard to create a friendly, inclusive atmosphere and be open to newcomers.  If you ever have a question or concern, please feel free to post a query or PM me or anyone else.  Meanwhile, have fun!

I'm 22 and Canadian. I finished my degree in literature and am working on getting certification in editing/publishing, but that's not going to happen for quite a while. For now I'm mainly focused on playing in my local concert band. I write a lot and draw a little and actually stumbled into the art thread here before this one (whoops).

I think I found SSSS through another website that was giving a rundown of webcomics with really beautiful art, but it was last year and I don't remember where I read it. I immediately fell in love with Minna's art, and just after that with the characters, so I decided to stick around!

This is the first time I've made an account for a fan forum. I'm not sure I'll be super prolific as far as posts go (I'm naturally pretty quiet), but the people here seem really nice, and I look forward to exploring the forum!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 04:21:37 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Lainer3

« Reply #1036 on: July 07, 2015, 04:07:23 PM »
Welcome Coda! I'm sure you'll enjoy being here!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1037 on: July 07, 2015, 04:10:38 PM »
Welcome here, Coda :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1038 on: July 07, 2015, 04:28:31 PM »
I totally forgot to post here for a while aghh. So, hello!

I'm 22 and Canadian. I finished my degree in literature and am working on getting certification in editing/publishing, but that's not going to happen for quite a while. For now I'm mainly focused on playing in my local concert band. I write a lot and draw a little and actually stumbled into the art thread here before this one (whoops).

I think I found SSSS through another website that was giving a rundown of webcomics with really beautiful art, but it was last year and I don't  remember where I read it. I immediately fell in love with Minna's art, and just after that with the characters, so I decided to stick around! This is the first time I've made an account for a fan forum. I'm not sure I'll be super prolific as far as posts go (I'm naturally pretty quiet), but the people here seem really nice, and I look forward to exploring the forum!

Welcome!! :D Your art is beautiful, glad to have you!
YEET

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #1039 on: July 07, 2015, 04:43:01 PM »
[deletia]
Croeso!
Sunflower's already referred you to the music-related threads, but I have to ask as well- what instrument do you play?
Also, just wanted to say that from what little I've seen of it, your art is amazing (kinda art nouveau?) so you'll fit in well.
And uh, as for posting? Haiz said zhe wouldn't be very active too, and just look at xher (is that the right form? .-.) profile.

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #1040 on: July 07, 2015, 06:22:52 PM »
I totally forgot to post here for a while aghh. So, hello!

I think I found SSSS through another website that was giving a rundown of webcomics with really beautiful art, but it was last year and I don't  remember where I read it. I immediately fell in love with Minna's art, and just after that with the characters, so I decided to stick around! This is the first time I've made an account for a fan forum. I'm not sure I'll be super prolific as far as posts go (I'm naturally pretty quiet), but the people here seem really nice, and I look forward to exploring the forum!

I am one of the aforementioned Canadians, here to formerly welcome you to the forum. Everyone will laugh when you try to apologize for things, but overall it's a pretty nice place to be :)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Coda

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1041 on: July 07, 2015, 10:05:01 PM »
ahhh ok a lot to respond to!

So you're a musician!  What do you play?  And are you aware of the music-sharing thread, the SSSS Band/Orchestra thread, and the ongoing project to make SSSS Vol. 1 into a musical?

Sunflower's already referred you to the music-related threads, but I have to ask as well- what instrument do you play?

Ah I knew I was forgetting something obvious in my introduction post thing--I play alto sax (and piano, but I haven't played in so long that I probably can't anymore)! I hadn't looked into that thread or the project yet (a musical? that's intriguing), so I'll go take a look!

And welcome to online fandom.  I was never involved with anything like this either, then *poof* less than a year later I'm one of the site admins!  (SSSS is quite addictive, I'm warning you.   ;) )

Also, just wanted to say that from what little I've seen of it, your art is amazing (kinda art nouveau?) so you'll fit in well.
And uh, as for posting? Haiz said zhe wouldn't be very active too, and just look at xher (is that the right form? .-.) profile.

Thank you (both of you)! And I suspected there was a lot of potential for getting drawn in, so it's good to see that confirmed  :D I guess we'll see what happens...

We work hard to create a friendly, inclusive atmosphere and be open to newcomers.

It's working... I probably would've stayed in my normal lurking state, but this seemed like a really pleasant place to be  :) I might fumble formatting/forum etiquette every now and then, so sorry for that in advance!

I am one of the aforementioned Canadians, here to formerly welcome you to the forum. Everyone will laugh when you try to apologize for things, but overall it's a pretty nice place to be :)

Thank you! And yes, I...kind of expect that (I apologized in this already oh wow. Some of my emails to professors were composed almost entirely of apologies; I just can't help it). But at least there are people around who will understand the impulse; that's something!

Lainer3, Mélusine, Curry: thank you all so much! I look forward to being here  ;D

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #1042 on: July 07, 2015, 10:14:19 PM »
Thank you! And yes, I...kind of expect that (I apologized in this already oh wow. Some of my emails to professors were composed almost entirely of apologies; I just can't help it). But at least there are people around who will understand the impulse; that's something!
Are you ME? Most of my emails/PMs lately have been like

"Dear [person]
Sorry for [bothering you/replying late/contacting you at all].

[Something something something here]

Sorry again, [can you do this/answer this question/do something?]"

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1043 on: July 07, 2015, 10:21:32 PM »
I'm not sure I'll be super prolific as far as posts go (I'm naturally pretty quiet)
aha ha ha ha
We all thought that, at first.
Seriously though, welcome and ... uh ... welp, there goes your free time.

And the worst thing that'll happen if you apologise too much is that people will start calling you Reynir. ;)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #1044 on: July 07, 2015, 10:22:46 PM »
aha ha ha ha
We all thought that, at first.
Seriously though, welcome and ... uh ... welp, there goes your free time.

And the worst thing that'll happen if you apologise too much is that people will start calling you Reynir. ;)
That comment Minna made about how Tuuri and Reynir would just apologize to each other until the end of time? That has happened to me. In real life. Several times.

OTL

Coda

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1045 on: July 07, 2015, 10:36:09 PM »
Are you ME? Most of my emails/PMs lately have been like

"Dear [person]
Sorry for [bothering you/replying late/contacting you at all].

[Something something something here]

Sorry again, [can you do this/answer this question/do something?]"

YES exactly that! That is a rough transcription of every single email I've sent over the past few years (sometimes in trying to dilute the apologies I'd start thanking them profusely instead. It...it wasn't better).

I think I could live with that, somehow  :D

That comment Minna made about how Tuuri and Reynir would just apologize to each other until the end of time? That has happened to me. In real life. Several times.

Me too...

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1046 on: July 07, 2015, 10:55:41 PM »

OTL
Me too...
Yep yep.
I guess Seattle is sort of like Canada and Scandinavia and the rest of the US run through the blender?
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #1047 on: July 07, 2015, 11:00:19 PM »
Yep yep.
I guess Seattle is sort of like Canada and Scandinavia and the rest of the US run through the blender?

Huh. Guess Rexburg is the same, except with far less alcohol consumption.
Err... sorry for butting in.
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Dalahästen

« Reply #1048 on: July 09, 2015, 05:12:29 PM »
*Taps microphone* Is this working?

Hrrrrmmm. So. I'm Dalahästen, the badass chainsaw-train. Except that I am not a train nor that badass.

I usually don't share too much information online, but I am not from North America nor Asia. I guess that shortens the possibilities :D

I'm 23, I love playing and listening to music, reading webcomics (no way, Sherlock!) and playing games. I am currently an engineering student and hopefully will be able to cross out the "student" part somewhat soon.

You've all been super nice to me even though I am no artist in the fanart thread, so I took the suggestion and came here for an introduction ^-^ it's really nice meeting (?) you all. <3
:book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:

:artd:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #1049 on: July 09, 2015, 05:44:24 PM »
*Taps microphone* Is this working?

Hrrrrmmm. So. I'm Dalahästen, the badass chainsaw-train. Except that I am not a train nor that badass.

I usually don't share too much information online, but I am not from North America nor Asia. I guess that shortens the possibilities :D

I'm 23, I love playing and listening to music, reading webcomics (no way, Sherlock!) and playing games. I am currently an engineering student and hopefully will be able to cross out the "student" part somewhat soon.

You've all been super nice to me even though I am no artist in the fanart thread, so I took the suggestion and came here for an introduction ^-^ it's really nice meeting (?) you all. <3
Croeso hefyd!
Another musician? Well, you've probably already seen the music threads, but I've got to ask (like I ask everyone)- what instrument(s) do you play?
And gaming's cool too, we've got a Steam group here: https://staging.steamcommunity.com/groups/ssss_fans
If you feel like talking to any of us, our IRC channel is here: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=ssss
Seeya around!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 05:54:20 PM by ParanormalAndroid »