Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580988 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #1005 on: June 29, 2015, 04:09:38 PM »
Did you tell her about the cookies?
I may try a new approaching ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1006 on: June 30, 2015, 05:18:40 AM »
I can't believe there's an aerospace thread on the ssss forum. Our fandom has grown so large we have a subcategory for people involved in/interested in aerospace. Isn't that mind-boggling? it's also kind of fantastic.
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france:

Coyoteslaugh

« Reply #1007 on: June 30, 2015, 11:12:02 AM »
Whoops! I didn't realize I was supposed to introduce myself!

I started reading the comic about a month ago and did some fan art, but none of my friends read the comic, so when I toted out my sketch book, everyone just gave me a confused "Yes that sure is a moose monster." So I thought I would bring it here. I left DeviantArt years ago when its ads started virusing my friends and me (If you Google coyoteslaugh, my DeviantArt page will come up under the name K. Sooliawa Evans, though I assume it's still not safe to go there without good virus protection and the art is over six years old at this point). I continue to post my art on my FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/kristin.ivans You do not need to friend me to view my art, as it's all set to public. I only mention my art so much because I was prompted to post here by Sunflowers after I said my art was available to use for whatever people would like. Some high resolution pieces are available upon request.

I'm 31, married, and work for a non profit. I'm a storyteller and an artist. As a kid I wanted to be a comic book artist. I sometimes make my own comics (and right now am working on a comic called Firedog Chronicles) and was briefly employed in a comic startup as the colorist, but I did not enjoy doing my art on a schedule, and decided to keep it solely as a hobby. I still have a great fascination and appreciation for comics. I have the piles I amassed as a kid all carefully bagged, boarded, and labeled, and while I haven't bought an issue in years, I still collect hardcover graphic novels. I have a soft spot for wizards, so my favorites are the Dresden Files. I've pulled away from DC and Marvel (though I loved DC's Injustice and New 52 Death of the Family) as an adult because the storylines are too convoluted. I was thrilled when I stumbled onto SSSS. I love the format, the art, and the characters. I hope someday to get one of Minna's books (they need to be mass produced and sold on Amazon!). It would fit nicely between The Dresden Files and The Walking Dead on my shelf. I also hope Minna gives a tutorial of how she makes a page. It floors me she can produce five a week. Inking the picture I did of Lalli took me seven hours, and I haven't even touched the colors yet!

Anyway, hello! It's nice to meet you! I'm not sure how much I'll post outside the odd fan art, but I'm happy to be here!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1008 on: June 30, 2015, 11:25:20 AM »
Anyway, hello! It's nice to meet you! I'm not sure how much I'll post outside the odd fan art, but I'm happy to be here!
And we're happy to have you here :) Welcome ! Your Lalli in the Dream World is fabulous !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #1009 on: June 30, 2015, 12:19:08 PM »
Whoops! I didn't realize I was supposed to introduce myself!

Ooh, a comics artist! I draw comics as a hobby myself :)
Introductions aren't mandatory, it's just nice to say hi. Have some cookies and enjoy your stay!
(We always appreciate the occasional odd fan art around here - I never said anything, but I also loved your Lalli drawing, especially once you inked it.)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
« Reply #1010 on: July 01, 2015, 05:36:54 AM »
Hey there! Nice to meet you! *pushes cake in front of you*
Your art's really pretty, and I was wondering how non-profits work? I've been curious for a while but I never really get a chance to ask anyone. Where do the workers' salaries come from?
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france:

daiseerose

« Reply #1011 on: July 02, 2015, 12:15:04 AM »
Hello! Um just wanted to say hi, because I don't go to the general discussion board often. Just wanted to pop In and say hi.

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #1012 on: July 02, 2015, 12:30:27 AM »
Hello! Um just wanted to say hi, because I don't go to the general discussion board often. Just wanted to pop In and say hi.
Hi! *waves*
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

daiseerose

« Reply #1013 on: July 02, 2015, 12:34:08 AM »
Hi! *waves*
Hi! I feel sick, so I am procrastinating, so I won't have to go to bed.  And I just realized that my bedroom smells weird.

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #1014 on: July 02, 2015, 12:43:26 AM »
Hi! I feel sick, so I am procrastinating, so I won't have to go to bed.  And I just realized that my bedroom smells weird.
I'm sorry to hear that. Get well soon.

Synæsthesia

• It's definitely one or the other.
« Reply #1015 on: July 02, 2015, 12:43:32 AM »
I don't normally post introductions for myself, but I'll make an exception for this place.

I'm 31 and I live in Orlando, Florida. Otherwise known as humid hell during the summer months. I'm a professional digital artist that creates 3D models for a living. Game art, if you will. I'm one of the few Scandinavian-Americans (yes, before you ask, I am 6'4" / 1.93m :) ) in Florida, so I try to keep up cultural traditions by not only learning Danish and Swedish, but also by biking almost everywhere. I have logged over 10,000 miles on the roads by pedal power alone during my commutes to work and trail riding. Summer is miserable. I'm willing and happily able to take a one way ticket to Denmark or Sweden and get away from this ridiculous heat.

My people:
My languages:

"What the immigrant tries to forget, the grandson tries to recover." M. Hansen

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #1016 on: July 02, 2015, 12:44:57 AM »

Hi! Maybe some cookies will make you feel better? :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #1017 on: July 02, 2015, 12:46:19 AM »
Welcome, Synæsthesia!

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1018 on: July 02, 2015, 12:47:33 AM »
I don't normally post introductions for myself, but I'll make an exception for this place.

I'm 31 and I live in Orlando, Florida. Otherwise known as humid hell during the summer months. I'm a professional digital artist that creates 3D models for a living. Game art, if you will. I'm one of the few Scandinavian-Americans (yes, before you ask, I am 6'4" / 1.93m :) ) in Florida, so I try to keep up cultural traditions by not only learning Danish and Swedish, but also by biking almost everywhere. I have logged over 10,000 miles on the roads by pedal power alone during my commutes to work and trail riding. Summer is miserable. I'm willing and happily able to take a one way ticket to Denmark or Sweden and get away from this ridiculous heat.

Oho, another Floridian! *high fives* :D It is really awful right now, I must say. (I'm on the west coast.) That's a very impressive amount of miles, and I saw some of your models in the forum art thread, they're gorgeous! I wasn't sure if they were a photo edit, actually :o That's so impressive!

Welcome! :D
YEET

Soikia

• You never know when you'll need swing music
« Reply #1019 on: July 02, 2015, 12:47:51 AM »

Hello there! Florida sounds miserable during the summer. It's awesome you're keeping your traditions though  :D
Hopefully you can survive the summer man, I went there once during the summer and I don't think I'll ever do that again aha
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 12:54:37 AM by Soikia »