Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580828 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #960 on: June 26, 2015, 01:14:07 AM »
Hey there. I'm Russet, and I'm new to the forum. I'm from Malaysia, and I speak English, Chinese and Malay (which sadly doesn't have a flag, apparently). I've been reading Minna's comics for several years, but have been avoiding the forum site up until now because registering to new sites is a bother sometimes, haha. But I stopped reading SSSS for a while last year, and recently I came back and caught up on all the new pages, and now I'm really into it and checking for new pages every day.  :)
I'd like to draw some fanart, but I'm terrible at digital art and my scanner is the devil himself, so. currently, can't contribute any art, sadly.

Hi, Russet.  Welcome to the Forum!  You may be our first member from Malaysia. 

I've posted a Malay flag request in the Improvements thread: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=16.msg46604#msg46604  That'll help remind our hard-working Admin, Eich, to find and upload a Malaysian flag (to stand for the language, even though I know Malay is spoken in other countries too).

Meanwhile, sounds like you'll fit in just fine.  But if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask Eich, me, or any of the other admins or longtime members.  We do our best to make this forum a friendly and welcoming place.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 01:24:56 AM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #961 on: June 26, 2015, 01:19:58 AM »
Hey there. I'm Russet, and I'm new to the forum. I'm from Malaysia, and I speak English, Chinese and Malay (which sadly doesn't have a flag, apparently). I've been reading Minna's comics for several years, but have been avoiding the forum site up until now because registering to new sites is a bother sometimes, haha. But I stopped reading SSSS for a while last year, and recently I came back and caught up on all the new pages, and now I'm really into it and checking for new pages every day.  :)
I'd like to draw some fanart, but I'm terrible at digital art and my scanner is the devil himself, so. currently, can't contribute any art, sadly.

Hi and welcome, Russet! I'm looking forward to when you are able to post some fanart. I take it you've seen the fanart thread?

In the meantime, here are the welcome cookies Solovei was talking about:  :)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
« Reply #962 on: June 26, 2015, 02:31:15 AM »
Hi and welcome, Russet! I'm looking forward to when you are able to post some fanart. I take it you've seen the fanart thread?

In the meantime, here are the welcome cookies Solovei was talking about:  :)

Ooh, thanks for the cookies. :)
I'm looking forward to it too! I'll take a look at my scanner some time soon and see if I can get it sorted out. I have seen the fanart thread, yes, and there are a lot of great artists in this fandom, which is nice!

Also, thank you to Sunflower for sending in the request, the flag would definitely be a useful addition. And oh, is that so? I see a few dots in Malaysia on the SSSS fan map though, and I could always forcefully persuasively convince a few friends to check the comic out.
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #963 on: June 26, 2015, 04:14:40 AM »

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully your scanner will change it's attitude sooner rather than later.

You may be our first member from Malaysia. 

Nope. Potatobunny.

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #964 on: June 26, 2015, 04:47:23 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully your scanner will change it's attitude sooner rather than later.

Nope. Potatobunny.
Yes, hopefully it will! Maybe I could use a camera instead and just skip the entire scanning thing, but I doubt that'll be much better.
& also, wow, you guys keep pretty good track of the members here. How many users are there on this site, roughly? It's good to hear that I'm not the only Malaysian, haha.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #965 on: June 26, 2015, 04:49:45 AM »
Welcome, Russet :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #966 on: June 26, 2015, 04:52:26 AM »
How many users are there on this site, roughly?

Seven hundred and thirty one currently registered users. The number of regularly active users varies, maybe... fifty? Incidentally you are the 760th user to register. If you want the details I recommend checking out the stats section.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 04:58:58 AM by Fimbulvarg »

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #967 on: June 26, 2015, 05:19:04 AM »
Seven hundred and thirty one currently registered users. The number of regularly active users varies, maybe... fifty? Incidentally you are the 760th user to register. If you want the details I recommend checking out the stats section.
Oh, thanks for the head's up! I see you are the top user that posts, haha.
And hi to you too, Mélusine!

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
« Reply #968 on: June 26, 2015, 07:03:12 AM »
Hi, Russet! We have several threads for art here, both fanart and general art, and also one for self-inserts :) You can still draw even if you don't have a scanner! Many people post photos of their art, taken with a camera or a phone, without there being a problem. I'm not going to force you to share your art, but don't let your scanner hold you back ;)
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #969 on: June 26, 2015, 07:49:06 AM »
Hi, Russet! We have several threads for art here, both fanart and general art, and also one for self-inserts :) You can still draw even if you don't have a scanner! Many people post photos of their art, taken with a camera or a phone, without there being a problem. I'm not going to force you to share your art, but don't let your scanner hold you back ;)
Ah, okay. Duly noted, will get working on that right away.  ;)

Lainer3

« Reply #970 on: June 26, 2015, 03:21:21 PM »
Hi!
How is everybody?

I'm 22 and Danish. It seems there's a serious lack of Danish people here...

Alright, so I found aRTD via dA, back when it was only about halfway done, and I've been reading ever since. I never bothered with the comments section, or the forum though.

But! Recently I was persuaded into joining. I felt the need to wait till my exams were done first, and now that they are (as of yesterday), here I am!

A bit about me:
I'm a native Dane, I speak English (obviously), and I'm decent in French(one can always improve!).
I study Engineering in Biotechnology.
I love reading, drawing, painting, and writing, whenever I have the time, and conscience to procrastinate my homework (I'm very good at this).

I hope to get to know all of you soon!

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #971 on: June 26, 2015, 03:30:36 PM »
Hi!
How is everybody?

Alright, so I found aRTD via dA, back when it was only about halfway done, and I've been reading ever since. I never bothered with the comments section, or the forum though.

But! Recently I was persuaded into joining. I felt the need to wait till my exams were done first, and now that they are (as of yesterday), here I am!

A bit about me:
I'm a native Dane, I speak English (obviously), and I'm decent in French(one can always improve!).
I love reading, drawing, painting, and writing, whenever I have the time, and conscience to procrastinate my homework (I'm very good at this).

Hello and welcome Lainer! (Are you the first Dane on the forum? You're one of them at least.)
You say you love to draw? Have you seen the fanart thread? Maybe you could stop by and join us sometime, eh? :D
Nevertheless, have some cookies and enjoy your stay!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #972 on: June 26, 2015, 03:32:09 PM »
Hi!
How is everybody?

HELLO DANISH PERSON welcome to the forums! You're right, we're absolutely in lack of you potato-mumblers around here I MEAN ESTEEMED NEIGHBOURS. ok that was rude I'm sorry

Drawing, painting and writing you say?? I hope you'll find your way to the Scriptorium and Museum threads, they can never have enough contributors!
you'll know where to find me.

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
« Reply #973 on: June 26, 2015, 05:51:20 PM »
Hi!
How is everybody?

A bit about me:

Welcome! If I'm not mistaken you will sooner or later be granted cookies.
Never really noticed, but I guess you're right, there aren't many danes here. We have many creative forum threads here, so I hope I'll see some of your art soon! ;D
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #974 on: June 26, 2015, 06:10:21 PM »
Hi!
How is everybody?

A bit about me:

Yay! You're here :D Hello!

She is the one who got me adicted to SSSS and I decided to repay the favour with the forum.
She's a very good drawer and she's been helping me try to pronounce danish (which I am very bad at).
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help