Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581144 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #930 on: June 11, 2015, 08:14:59 AM »
[whispers i hope this is done correctly ahhhhahaha]

Heyo!

I'm videovance, and I live in 'straya (the big continent, Down Under!) but I lived in Taiwan for most of my life. I'm fluent in English, even if my English teacher would heartily disagree, and I am trudging my way through learning Chinese! I'm half Chinese, half American, and kiiiind of half Australian (not thirds, halves. it's sort of a debate between ethnicity and nationality O:) but I hardly have an Aussie accent. Maybe a terrible bogan one if I try, ehehehe.

I really like drawing and cosplaying, and I plan to do plenty of both in SSSS. It's nice to meet you all!
(also: i am actually dying over how nicely drawn SSSS is. i am crying. it is so pretty oh my goODNESS)

Oho!!! Welcome to the forum!!!! :)) I am also an artist and a cosplayer (in fact, I'm going to a con as modern AU Sigrun today, just because I couldn't resist putting the wig on aha), and it is so nicely drawn. I cry pretty much every time I think about it. W h a t   b e a u t i f u l   a r t

Welcome cookies should be coming your way soon 8)
YEET

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #931 on: June 11, 2015, 08:17:51 AM »
[whispers i hope this is done correctly ahhhhahaha]

Heyo!

I'm videovance, and I live in 'straya (the big continent, Down Under!) but I lived in Taiwan for most of my life. I'm fluent in English, even if my English teacher would heartily disagree, and I am trudging my way through learning Chinese! I'm half Chinese, half American, and kiiiind of half Australian (not thirds, halves. it's sort of a debate between ethnicity and nationality O:) but I hardly have an Aussie accent. Maybe a terrible bogan one if I try, ehehehe.

I really like drawing and cosplaying, and I plan to do plenty of both in SSSS. It's nice to meet you all!
(also: i am actually dying over how nicely drawn SSSS is. i am crying. it is so pretty oh my goODNESS)
Croeso!
Given that you're into art and cosplaying, you'll probably fit in pretty well here, and I'm pretty sure we've got a few Aussies too, so no worries about how well you're doing.
Few quick links:
Our IRC channel: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=ssss
The fanart museum: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=35.0
The self-insert thread: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=359.0 (more fanart, basically)
You'll figure out the rest.
See you around!

videovance

« Reply #932 on: June 11, 2015, 10:48:17 AM »
Hellooooo hello and welcome!

*rubs hands cackling*
Yes please do join us in the arting and the cosplaying
and the crying over the prettyfulness of Minna's art

Did you have a particular character in mind for cosplay? :)

I'll make sure to bring tissues or something because there are gonna be a lot of tears, not gonna lie ;w;;;;;
and either Tuuri or Reynir! I love both of their outfits but, heck, there is a lot of detail there!! Hopefully I can actually make it!

Oho!!! Welcome to the forum!!!! :)) I am also an artist and a cosplayer (in fact, I'm going to a con as modern AU Sigrun today, just because I couldn't resist putting the wig on aha), and it is so nicely drawn. I cry pretty much every time I think about it. W h a t   b e a u t i f u l   a r t

Welcome cookies should be coming your way soon 8)

!!! Oh my goodness! I hope you have a ton of fun!! Make sure to stay hydrated and stuff ;w; Modern AU Sigrun? Do you have any links for that? I have no idea what that would look like buT THAT SOUNDS SUPER COOL
Oh, what, cookies? :00000 oh my gosh. oh m y g o s h. I am so glad I joined 0u0

Croeso!
Given that you're into art and cosplaying, you'll probably fit in pretty well here, and I'm pretty sure we've got a few Aussies too, so no worries about how well you're doing.
Few quick links:
Our IRC channel: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=ssss
The fanart museum: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=35.0
The self-insert thread: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=359.0 (more fanart, basically)
You'll figure out the rest.
See you around!

Hehehe, always cool to find more Aussies 0u0
Thank you so much for the links! I am dolphinately gonna look at those art forums, gosh darn. :0

Heck, y'all are so lovely ;w; thank you for the warm welcome!

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #933 on: June 11, 2015, 11:02:40 AM »
[quote author=videovance link=topic=131.msg42000#msg42000 date=1434034097
!!! Oh my goodness! I hope you have a ton of fun!! Make sure to stay hydrated and stuff ;w; Modern AU Sigrun? Do you have any links for that? I have no idea what that would look like buT THAT SOUNDS SUPER COOL
Oh, what, cookies? :00000 oh my gosh. oh m y g o s h. I am so glad I joined
[/quote]
Ehehe, I actually do have a link! It's right here in the cosplay thread and there are a ton of really cool cosplays in there! I'd advise going through it when you have the time because this fandom is really talented • w • Also, good luck trying out making the Tuuri/Reynir coats! There's a great base pattern somewhere around page 10, I believe, and me and my squad are going to use that one as base 8)
YEET

videovance

« Reply #934 on: June 12, 2015, 06:59:21 AM »
Ehehe, I actually do have a link! It's right here in the cosplay thread and there are a ton of really cool cosplays in there! I'd advise going through it when you have the time because this fandom is really talented • w • Also, good luck trying out making the Tuuri/Reynir coats! There's a great base pattern somewhere around page 10, I believe, and me and my squad are going to use that one as base 8)
[falls over] Wowowowowow your cosplay looks fantastic!! I love the gifs aaaaaahhhhhhh (oh, right, how was the con?)
Oh sweet, that pattern is just what I need- thank you so much for linking that! and ahh all these people are so cool!! What the heck. This is so great. Favourite fandom already • u •

ButterflyWings

• Retired Moderator
  • Scout
« Reply #935 on: June 14, 2015, 05:10:28 PM »
Hi,

I'm Chrystal originally from Finland, but now living in Amsterdam the Netherlands. I live with two flatmates, two cats and music.

I also like to write.

-Chrystal
Speaks some: Finnish, English, Old English, Russian, Dutch, Ancient Greek, Latin, Arabic, German, French, Spanish

W̕e ̀l̵i͠e o̡n bu͏t̡te͘r͞f͟ly҉ ͞win͏gs̸ ìn͝ ̶th́is g͟oss̸ame̵re͡d d̀ecay,͞ ͢st҉ŗi̵n̶g͝s͘ ͝t҉o ͜needles ͠pi͏ęr̨ci̡ng̨ th̀e fles͝h́
Yo̷ù ̨make͘ m͘e ͢st͞r҉i̸p ̨dowń t̷o͘ t͡h̛e͢ bone,͘ t̴h̴en s͟t̕ùm͠ble͘ i̧n my͢ ̕foot́s̡tep̷s ̸seek̨ing ́a̡bs͏o͞lut̛i͠on

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #936 on: June 14, 2015, 05:41:57 PM »
Hi,

I'm Chrystal originally from Finland, but now living in Amsterdam the Netherlands. I live with two flatmates, two cats and music.

I also like to write.

-Chrystal

Welcome welcome! *spreads arms wide* I'll leave the heavy introductory stuff and cookie throwing fits to the veterans, but I hope you enjoy your time here. :) And a fellow writer, hurray!
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #937 on: June 14, 2015, 05:46:26 PM »
Hi,

I also like to write.

-Chrystal
Welcome here, Chrystal :) The cookies may come soon ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Snommelp

« Reply #938 on: June 14, 2015, 05:49:31 PM »
I have no cookies for to offer, but I have...

...what do I have? Hmm... surströmming?
Native speaker :usa:
Learning :sweden: :denmark: :norway: :ireland:
Want to learn :finland: :iceland: :wales: :italy: :brazil:
Know a small amount of :germany: :france: :vaticancity:
Professional(ish) musician and theologian

Mélusine

« Reply #939 on: June 14, 2015, 05:53:38 PM »
It seems to always be Piney's cookies, so... I don't dare to offer something else than christmas's biscuits ^^ (There is no specific time in year for christmas's biscuits.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #940 on: June 14, 2015, 06:14:44 PM »
Hi,

I also like to write.

-Chrystal

Here are those cookies! Welcome!

I'm having too much fun with Blingee

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Daelf

• +__+
« Reply #941 on: June 16, 2015, 06:43:32 AM »
*hm*

Hej hej Hello.

I'm French, freshly registered here, and decided that for once, I'd post *before* digging up ALL DA ARCHIVES. I love reading archives and stuff, so guess how happy I am when I find a new webcomic to binge-read… I found SSSS when it was around the 260-somethingth page (iirc), immediately started to read and didn't stop until I had finished. Unfortunately, this meant I went to bed around 2 or 3am -_- (but SO WORTH IT.)

Somehow I also contaminated Melusine, and apparently it was a good idea, so now it's my turn to follow her ;)

I have a husband (codename "Fifo".) He lived in Stockholm for two years around 2000, and he looooves languages, and both facts played a role in how interested I got in SSSS (I had seen the "Languages" posters long before I knew about the comics, and got all excited when I got there in my binge-reading ^^) I also like languages, but am not nearly as gifted as Fifo in actually learning them. (He's started Gaelic on Duolinguo just for fun. He's crazy. Mind you, that's why I love him, sooo…)
We have a five year old son (Codename: Perco. Actual name: Nils No, really. We couldn't decide on Neil or Neal, sooooo…)

… 'k that's enough rambling for now.
*waves enthusiastically but sleepily* (it's almost 1pm but I couldn't drink my coffee this morning -_- )

/D.
:chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Native: :france:
Ridiculously proud of my level: :uk:
Vague memories from school: :germany:

Typos happen…

Mélusine

« Reply #942 on: June 16, 2015, 06:50:24 AM »
*hm*

Hej hej Hello.

I'm French, freshly registered here, and decided that for once, I'd post *before* digging up ALL DA ARCHIVES. I love reading archives and stuff, so guess how happy I am when I find a new webcomic to binge-read… I found SSSS when it was around the 260-somethingth page (iirc), immediately started to read and didn't stop until I had finished. Unfortunately, this meant I went to bed around 2 or 3am -_- (but SO WORTH IT.)

Somehow I also contaminated Melusine, and apparently it was a good idea, so now it's my turn to follow her ;)

I have a husband (codename "Fifo".) He lived in Stockholm for two years around 2000, and he looooves languages, and both facts played a role in how interested I got in SSSS (I had seen the "Languages" posters long before I knew about the comics, and got all excited when I got there in my binge-reading ^^) I also like languages, but am not nearly as gifted as Fifo in actually learning them. (He's started Gaelic on Duolinguo just for fun. He's crazy. Mind you, that's why I love him, sooo…)
We have a five year old son (Codename: Perco. Actual name: Nils No, really. We couldn't decide on Neil or Neal, sooooo…)

… 'k that's enough rambling for now.
*waves enthusiastically but sleepily* (it's almost 1pm but I couldn't drink my coffee this morning -_- )

/D.
*Few minutes ago* Hey, a Daelf. My Daelf ? My Daelf ! :D
Contaminating me was the better most best idea ^^ Welcome here ! Have a cookie ! Now you'll know where I spend hours and hours with enthusiasm... ^^°

Daelf

• +__+
« Reply #943 on: June 16, 2015, 07:09:18 AM »
*Few minutes ago* Hey, a Daelf. My Daelf ? My Daelf ! :D
Contaminating me was the better most best idea ^^ Welcome here ! Have a cookie ! Now you'll know where I spend hours and hours with enthusiasm... ^^°

coucou toi ^^

*hugs*
:chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Native: :france:
Ridiculously proud of my level: :uk:
Vague memories from school: :germany:

Typos happen…

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #944 on: June 16, 2015, 09:03:22 PM »
Welcome Daelf! There are a lot of good archives to go through here! I'd recommend the art thread and the scriptorium to start! The art thread is full of fantastic stuff and we have so many great writers in this fandom :0
YEET