Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580985 times)

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #915 on: June 06, 2015, 02:16:58 PM »
Welcome to all the new people!

North, I like your icon :D

Kizzy, there's a loooot of language enthusiasts here so you'll fit right in!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #916 on: June 06, 2015, 02:35:58 PM »
Hello everyone~ Normally when introducing I'd state my name but I don't quite like my real name, so we'll stick with nicknames instead! ;) My friends call me either Kizzy or Kitty. I'm 23 years old and a graduate of Translation and Linguistics (well, mainly the former), so if you ever feel like discussing the scientific aspect of language with me then do so! I love learning grammar of other languages <3 I also love to worldbuild, conlang (aka make my own language), and draw.

I've found SSSS comic via Minna's DA. I think I saw one of her Red Tail or SSSS art in someone's favorites; that's how I've found the comic. I love everything about it so far and I've managed to rope a friend into reading it. Now she's in love!  :D

Hello! I might randomly message you about a story I'm writing, just saying.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #917 on: June 06, 2015, 03:09:17 PM »

Thank you so much! I shamelessly drew myself in the SSSS-uniform  ::)
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

Kizzy

• Not online everyday :c
« Reply #918 on: June 07, 2015, 03:44:46 AM »
Welcome! And it's okay; not many people use their real names here anyway.
Seeing as you're a linguistics student, here's our languages board (big part of the forums, languages): https://ssssforum.com/index.php?board=5.0
Here's the self-inserts thread for art: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=359.0
And here's our IRC channel: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#ssss
See you around!

Thanks! ;D Checking them out right now.

Welcome, you person most likely with family from the Philippines (Cebu, maybe?). If you need any help with Tagalog, as I see in your signature, I can try and help somehow! I'm not a native speaker myself, but if I actually bring my confidence up to a certain point, I can speak fairly decent Taglish, if I do say so myself.

Nope, they're from Davao. I can see why you'd think Cebu since lots of Filipinos on the internet are from there.
Really? That's nice of you  :) This will definitely be my next language project once I'm done with what I'm currently working on.  What made you learn Tagalog though? If you don't mind me asking.

Kizzy, there's a loooot of language enthusiasts here so you'll fit right in!

Haha yeah, I noticed. It's actually one the reasons why I've signed up! And I don't really like forums.

Hello! I might randomly message you about a story I'm writing, just saying.

Hi! Yes, please do so. I love reading other people's work  :D Is it SSSS related or an original?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 04:04:50 AM by Kizzy »
Fluent: :usa:
Decent:
Should know but doesn't: , Visaya
Wants to know: :finland: :iceland:, Persian, Navajo
Forgot: :spain: :france:

Chapter Survive

Instagram (=ↀωↀ=) Tumblr

Dane Murgen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • wannabe polyglot
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them/Their
« Reply #919 on: June 07, 2015, 05:22:28 AM »
Nope, they're from Davao. I can see why you'd think Cebu since lots of Filipinos on the internet are from there.
Really? That's nice of you  :) This will definitely be my next language project once I'm done with what I'm currently working on.  What made you learn Tagalog though? If you don't mind me asking.

I actually thought that your family came from Cebu because your family did not live there for some time, seeing as you should know Bisaya and Tagalog, but don't.  If this were not true, you would have probably been able to speak Bisaya and Tagalog, seeing as they'd probably have been impossible to not have known. I actually thought that most Filipino migrants were Cebuanos, so I guessed your family was from Cebu. Nothing to do with the internet except for, 'Wow, there are a surprising number of Filipinos on the internet.'

As for why I can sort of maybe speak Tagalog, I'm sixteen, so I still live with my parents, who are both from Manila. I lived in the Philippines for about a year when I was seven, so I picked a bit of Tagalog then, though I didn't speak it there, and my daily conversations full of Taglish maintained that level of fluency, which is somehow above normal Filipino migrants' children's level of fluency. I'm planning on increasing that fluency by practising whenever I can even if I'm not confident.

So yeah, that's my Filipino story.
A life without death is a life not worth living.

Survived: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Speaks+reads: :newzealand:
Speaks: :philippines:
Barely reads: :france:
Can read a few sentences: :china:
Want to learn: twelve other languages, *sigh*

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #920 on: June 07, 2015, 10:21:21 PM »
Hello all!

I'm in my early twenties and was born and raised in Germany. I was forced to move to America ten years ago. It's pretty good over here, but I'd much rather be back home. :( I enjoy reading and writing the most, although I also collect dolls and occasionally butcher sew clothes for them.
I don't remember exactly how I found the comic, probably some random reference somewhere on the internet, but I was hooked from the first page. Plot, characters, setting, everything's right up my alley. :D Here's to becoming a happy addict! :P
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #921 on: June 07, 2015, 10:23:59 PM »
Thanks! ;D Checking them out right now.

Hi! Yes, please do so. I love reading other people's work  :D Is it SSSS related or an original?

Hahhahah. Its SSSS-related but I wrote myself into a hole again so I have no idea when its happening.

Hello all!

I'm in my early twenties and was born and raised in Germany. I was forced to move to America ten years ago. It's pretty good over here, but I'd much rather be back home. :( I enjoy reading and writing the most, although I also collect dolls and occasionally butcher sew clothes for them.
I don't remember exactly how I found the comic, probably some random reference somewhere on the internet, but I was hooked from the first page. Plot, characters, setting, everything's right up my alley. :D Here's to becoming a happy addict! :P

*Calls out loudly from SSSS hell*
Guys, the next got 'nother one!

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #922 on: June 08, 2015, 12:45:02 AM »

You might be interested in this, then :)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #923 on: June 08, 2015, 01:04:25 AM »
Hello all!

Welcome to the community! I seem to remember you were promised cookies; here are some squirrel cookies for you:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #924 on: June 08, 2015, 08:50:15 PM »
OMG, sparkly and delicious! Thank you very much. It's such a cute thing to do for new members. :)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #925 on: June 08, 2015, 09:34:38 PM »
OMG, sparkly and delicious! Thank you very much. It's such a cute thing to do for new members. :)

I try my best to make sure newbies feel welcome ^v^ If only cookies had been my idea

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Kizzy

• Not online everyday :c
« Reply #926 on: June 10, 2015, 02:44:39 PM »
I actually thought that your family came from Cebu because your family did not live there for some time, seeing as you should know Bisaya and Tagalog, but don't.  If this were not true, you would have probably been able to speak Bisaya and Tagalog, seeing as they'd probably have been impossible to not have known. I actually thought that most Filipino migrants were Cebuanos, so I guessed your family was from Cebu. Nothing to do with the internet except for, 'Wow, there are a surprising number of Filipinos on the internet.'

As for why I can sort of maybe speak Tagalog, I'm sixteen, so I still live with my parents, who are both from Manila. I lived in the Philippines for about a year when I was seven, so I picked a bit of Tagalog then, though I didn't speak it there, and my daily conversations full of Taglish maintained that level of fluency, which is somehow above normal Filipino migrants' children's level of fluency. I'm planning on increasing that fluency by practising whenever I can even if I'm not confident.

So yeah, that's my Filipino story.

Ahhh I see. Most Filipino immigrants I've met are from Manila and other provinces, rarely Cebu. It may have to do with the fact that I barely get out of the house. I figures you were/ your parents were Filipinos, but I thought I'd ask :) It's nice that you've picked up Tagalog at a young age. It should be easier for you compare to someone who is already in their 20s like myself.

You might be interested in this, then :)

Ooo, checking it right now! Thanks~
Fluent: :usa:
Decent:
Should know but doesn't: , Visaya
Wants to know: :finland: :iceland:, Persian, Navajo
Forgot: :spain: :france:

Chapter Survive

Instagram (=ↀωↀ=) Tumblr

Dane Murgen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • wannabe polyglot
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them/Their
« Reply #927 on: June 10, 2015, 03:23:27 PM »
Ahhh I see. Most Filipino immigrants I've met are from Manila and other provinces, rarely Cebu. It may have to do with the fact that I barely get out of the house. I figures you were/ your parents were Filipinos, but I thought I'd ask :) It's nice that you've picked up Tagalog at a young age. It should be easier for you compare to someone who is already in their 20s like myself.

I actually meant that mist migrants speak cebuano come from cebu. Just a clarification. Most migrants do spesk Tagalog though.
A life without death is a life not worth living.

Survived: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Speaks+reads: :newzealand:
Speaks: :philippines:
Barely reads: :france:
Can read a few sentences: :china:
Want to learn: twelve other languages, *sigh*

videovance

« Reply #928 on: June 11, 2015, 08:05:26 AM »
[whispers i hope this is done correctly ahhhhahaha]

Heyo!

I'm videovance, and I live in 'straya (the big continent, Down Under!) but I lived in Taiwan for most of my life. I'm fluent in English, even if my English teacher would heartily disagree, and I am trudging my way through learning Chinese! I'm half Chinese, half American, and kiiiind of half Australian (not thirds, halves. it's sort of a debate between ethnicity and nationality O:) but I hardly have an Aussie accent. Maybe a terrible bogan one if I try, ehehehe.

I really like drawing and cosplaying, and I plan to do plenty of both in SSSS. It's nice to meet you all!
(also: i am actually dying over how nicely drawn SSSS is. i am crying. it is so pretty oh my goODNESS)

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #929 on: June 11, 2015, 08:12:52 AM »
[whispers i hope this is done correctly ahhhhahaha]

Heyo!

I'm videovance, and I live in 'straya (the big continent, Down Under!) but I lived in Taiwan for most of my life. I'm fluent in English, even if my English teacher would heartily disagree, and I am trudging my way through learning Chinese! I'm half Chinese, half American, and kiiiind of half Australian (not thirds, halves. it's sort of a debate between ethnicity and nationality O:) but I hardly have an Aussie accent. Maybe a terrible bogan one if I try, ehehehe.

I really like drawing and cosplaying, and I plan to do plenty of both in SSSS. It's nice to meet you all!
(also: i am actually dying over how nicely drawn SSSS is. i am crying. it is so pretty oh my goODNESS)

Hellooooo hello and welcome!

*rubs hands cackling*
Yes please do join us in the arting and the cosplaying
and the crying over the prettyfulness of Minna's art

Did you have a particular character in mind for cosplay? :)
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz