Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581165 times)

ParanormalAndroid

Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #855 on: May 27, 2015, 06:58:42 PM »
I suck at life, I am good for nothing, I am nobody and I am ugly and that is the most important about me. shortly
Nonononono, sh.
Nobody takes that attitude here.
Also, judging by your profile pic you're a good artist- you'll fit in!
Think of the positives in life, man. We're a friendly community here, and we'll never put you down, not that you need to be put down anyway.
For art: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=359.0;topicseen and https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=35.0;topicseen
For talking: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=384.0 and https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=5.0.

Now, cheer up, think positive and join our IRC chat here: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=ssss.
We're not going to let you have such a bad opinion of yourself. Trust me, I tried, and I was stopped.
Welcome!

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #856 on: May 27, 2015, 10:54:19 PM »
I suck at life, I am good for nothing, I am nobody and I am ugly and that is the most important about me. shortly
Be nice to yourself! A lot of your comments are really insightful and/or funny, and also I saw that art. If nothing else, you're another person to exchange Nordics-jokes with. And "ugly" is *the most poorly defined and subjective term.* And also I'm nobody too; most people are. I figure, it's better than having publicity people all over the place, right? Being famous sounds really annoying.

And, uh, welcome and stuff. Forgot to say that, but have some cookies? :D
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #857 on: May 27, 2015, 11:15:01 PM »
If nothing else, you're another person to exchange Nordics-jokes with.

I am confused what that even means.

And, uh, welcome and stuff. Forgot to say that, but have some cookies? :D

Thanks and stuff, ok?
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #858 on: May 27, 2015, 11:23:12 PM »
I am confused what that even means.
I meant that as a Nordics-fan you will fit in with the many, many other Nordics-fans here and ... um ... something.
A lot of my sentences lately have been total word salad ... I blame the sleep-deprivation. ;P
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #859 on: May 28, 2015, 04:04:13 AM »
Welcome, Martti :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Viisikielinenkantele

• Scout
  • Sometimes creative
« Reply #860 on: May 28, 2015, 06:29:12 AM »
AH, okay, I was told to write here but not what to, and I was kind of awkward to do introduction, it is not like I don't want to share anything.

well, I living in Hungary (I hate that in signiture I can't write hungarian flag!)
I speak english (most used), hungrian, understands a bit swedish and german (if written, sadly keeps forgetting them since I am not using them.....) also understand less of norwegian or danish due similarities of swedish)
I would like to learn a bit of icelandic too, but probably I won't because it is difficult and probably I could not use unless I move there

my age: too mcuh, but actually my profile says it, so it won't be not bad, like next year it won1t stay the previous age, like it happened to me realizing after 2 years it wasn't changed, this probably will change

interest: I am huge hetalia fan, but most likely nordic fanatics, everything about nordics, so this comic something related to them, so yes.
I met SSSS when my friend told me about it first, but at first I was actually lazy to read (I am a really lazy person) then later I got the link again (from an other person?) and started reading it because I remembered that it was already suggested for me. and bamm, here I am xD
and I suffer from this, becuase waiting every day is killing me AAAAH, but the comic is awesome......

Hello Martti!

It makes me sad to hear that you have such a low opinion of yourself...I saw your drawings and this is definitely not on the list of your not being good at...

As for the flags, maybe you can borrow Eriarors grafic?
Or make a request in this thread: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=207.0

And stop being so hard to yourself! *hugs* If you ever feel the need to vent, we have a lovely Comfort Corner here: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=384.525

Oh, and some nerve-calming cookies for you from me, it seems like you need them (but only one or two a day!)
Native: :germany:
Mostly fluent: :uk: / :usa:
Rusty: :finland:
almost forgotten: :italy:, :estonia:, :vaticancity:
learning: :sweden:

"People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing." (Florence Foster Jenkins)

:chap5: :chap6:  :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #861 on: May 28, 2015, 07:25:12 AM »
Hi y'all! Misea here. I've been reading through some forum stuff for like a week but I'm not big on posting :I And I didn't realize that there was this thread 'cause I haven't been on a forum in years (whoops).
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #862 on: May 28, 2015, 10:15:40 AM »
Hi y'all! Misea here. I've been reading through some forum stuff for like a week but I'm not big on posting :I And I didn't realize that there was this thread 'cause I haven't been on a forum in years (whoops).
Well then, Shalt thou be rewelcomed to our glorious fold for few weeks or an eternity depening on your liking. Have a good stay and remember to check in actively since the discussion tends to move at a amazing speed.

(So yes welcome  :D)

Meghan

• Gorgeous hair in the backwoods of the apocalypse
« Reply #863 on: May 29, 2015, 02:26:16 AM »
Soo...I'm rather delayed in an official introduction. Ahem.

My name is Meghan and in the forum/chat/comments I go by...Meghan. Meh, I don't really care if my name is Out There. My (goofy) picture is floating around the "What Do You Look Like" thread, if you care to dig for it.

I'm a 30 year old lady living in Washington state. I originally hail from Texas, but moved up here after college (ask not why.) I got a degree in and actually work as a landscape architect. (Think architect, not gardener.) As jobs go, it's...ok. There are many worse jobs.

I don't remember where I first heard about SSSS. It was merely a bookmark for me to read later for the longest time. I did see the language tree graphic on io9, and that emphasized my desire to "read later." And then I finally DID read, and fell head over heels. I love everything about this comic!!

Hmm, what else? I'm kept rather busy with life, so I'm not crazy active in the fan-base. Apart from my job, I play violin in a community orchestra, am on the leadership team at a community garden, study languages, read a lot, and battle squirrels in my own garden. I also like to cook, but am a horrendous baker. On weekends I'm often hiking in the Cascade Mountains, and am currently trying to get back into backpacking shape. I'm into survivalism, and really need to brush up on my fire making/knot tying/shelter building/trapping skills.

I'm a great lover of all sorts of music, and I wish I had pursued music as a career, rather than believe that it wouldn't earn me a living. I play violin now, but my first instrument was the flute. I occasionally peck at the piano, and would like to eventually learn the other string instruments, and perhaps a brass. For languages, I've recently studied both Spanish and Italian, and am dipping my toe into Norwegian and Esperanto. I only speak English now, but am absolutely determined to become multilingual.

I have one cat, a big fella named Nico. He's quite handsome and he knows it. He is quite the hunter, so you might hear me screaming in the chat room when he brings home another critter. On the upside, my gag reflex for small dead mammals has just about vanished.

I suppose that's it!
Fluent: :usa:
Currently Learning: :norway: :spain: :italy: and Esperanto
Someday: :finland: :iceland: :france: :russia:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #864 on: May 29, 2015, 03:02:17 AM »
Soo...I'm rather delayed in an official introduction. Ahem.

Well then, I'll give you a rather delayed offering of squirrel cookies! Never too late for an introduction. :)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

fluffernutters

• Butter connoisseur
« Reply #865 on: May 29, 2015, 05:52:14 AM »
Haaaiiii.. that was me. :D

Hai! Thanks for the name, and introducing me to a new kind of sandwich, haha. :D
:sweden: :uk:

Website | Twitter | Instagram | DevArt

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #866 on: May 30, 2015, 12:34:24 AM »
Hi, I'm a chilean unemployed designer, 25 and counting! I found Minna's work thanks to an io9 list of the best finished comics of 2014 or something of sorts, so, first aRTD, and then, organically, SSSS.

I'm in love with my mom's sewing machine, aquarelle, embroidery, antique cultures and folklore, music (Sigur Rós, Nano Stern, Radiohead and so many more), thunderstorms and good stories (otherwise I wouldn't be here). My profile picture (by rubyetc) reflects my current civil status, and I'm perfectly fine with this (forever iguana <3).

I speak Chilean (it's a running national joke, come to Chile and you'll find out why we say that haha), English, understand Italian and Portuguese, and would love to learn Icelandic, Japanese and Arab.

I guess that's enough for now ^^
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #867 on: May 30, 2015, 01:23:00 AM »
Hi, I'm a chilean unemployed designer, 25 and counting! I found Minna's work thanks to an io9 list of the best finished comics of 2014 or something of sorts, so, first aRTD, and then, organically, SSSS.

I'm in love with my mom's sewing machine, aquarelle, embroidery, antique cultures and folklore, music (Sigur Rós, Nano Stern, Radiohead and so many more), thunderstorms and good stories (otherwise I wouldn't be here). My profile picture (by rubyetc) reflects my current civil status, and I'm perfectly fine with this (forever iguana <3).

I speak Chilean (it's a running national joke, come to Chile and you'll find out why we say that haha), English, understand Italian and Portuguese, and would love to learn Icelandic, Japanese and Arab.

I guess that's enough for now ^^

Welcome to the community! :D I suppose I shall arm you with some squirrel cookies and send you on your way!
(Also high five, fellow Sigur Rós fan)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

fluffernutters

• Butter connoisseur
« Reply #868 on: May 30, 2015, 05:13:28 AM »
I speak Chilean (it's a running national joke, come to Chile and you'll find out why we say that haha)

What if I never go to Chile? Then I'll go my whole life without knowing the joke! Pleeaaaase tell us :D

And welcome to the forum!
:sweden: :uk:

Website | Twitter | Instagram | DevArt

Tap10lan

« Reply #869 on: May 30, 2015, 12:56:58 PM »
Hang on just a sec, is this an actual IRL pastime?

Hey! You do know there's a zombie walk in Stockholm every year some time in August (they have a facebook group). Since you're in Norway, maybe it's easier to get to the Oslo version, if there's one this year...
Foresty fanboy

Know it
:sweden: :uk: / :usa: (Mid-Atlantic ;D ) :germany:
Sort of
:finland: :croatia: (old)
Manage
:norway: :denmark:
Basically forgotten
:france:
Enjoy guessing
:italy:

:book1+: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: