Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581054 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #825 on: May 19, 2015, 06:17:46 PM »
Greetings everyone,

I am excited to finally join this forum after months of Curry telling me that I should. I started reading Minna's comics with the first few chapters of Redtail's Dream and immediately fell in love with the art and personalities of the main characters. Stand Still Stay Silent has been just as amazing, and I cannot wait to participate in a community of people that feel the same way. I consider myself a decent artist and cosplayer. I plan to cosplay Emil and post fan art when I have time.
I don't particularly care what gender pronouns people use with me, although I am most accustomed to female pronouns.
Yes, everybody, this is my Emil! mwahahahaha I have succeeded and now you can never leave >:D
She does the draw really well and is also a wig mage! I hope she ends up posting the things she's drawn because they're *gold*
YEET

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #826 on: May 20, 2015, 02:14:28 PM »
I plan to cosplay Emil

I'm deeply honored. Welcome!

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #827 on: May 23, 2015, 03:40:02 PM »
Hello, greetings from Hungary.
I’m one of those, who were lured to the comic by the gorgeous language tree and became devoted readers/fans immediately.  Actually, the language tree was a big hit in Hungary; it was posted on major websites – you know, our strange little language appearing on a piece of art with two cats guarding the tiny Uralic sapling – it’s something to be proud of. Especially the cats.  :)
Anyway, I just love this comic. It lifts my spirit to check the new page every morning before setting off for work. I’m interested in all kinds of cultures, traditions and history (studied cultural anthropology) and the Nordics have a special place in my heart since childhood, which is an additional reason why I fell in love with both SSSS and aRTD.
I’ve been lurking on the forum for a while now, but even though I enjoy reading all the interesting and funny threads, probably won’t become a very active member.
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #828 on: May 23, 2015, 03:48:37 PM »
Hello, greetings from Hungary.
I’m one of those, who were lured to the comic by the gorgeous language tree and became devoted readers/fans immediately.  Actually, the language tree was a big hit in Hungary; it was posted on major websites – you know, our strange little language appearing on a piece of art with two cats guarding the tiny Uralic sapling – it’s something to be proud of. Especially the cats.  :)
Anyway, I just love this comic. It lifts my spirit to check the new page every morning before setting off for work. I’m interested in all kinds of cultures, traditions and history (studied cultural anthropology) and the Nordics have a special place in my heart since childhood, which is an additional reason why I fell in love with both SSSS and aRTD.
I’ve been lurking on the forum for a while now, but even though I enjoy reading all the interesting and funny threads, probably won’t become a very active member.

Welcome to the forum. You're in good company, there are already two Hungarians here (Sharion and Eriaror).

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #829 on: May 23, 2015, 04:13:18 PM »
Welcome Helia :)
I'm curious, did you crocheted your avatar ?
Don't say you won't become a very active member, I might have said something similar ::)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #830 on: May 23, 2015, 04:41:18 PM »
Thanks for the welcome  :)

I'm curious, did you crocheted your avatar ?

Yes, I did. It's just an experimental work to create the pattern; I intend to crochet a neater version 
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Mélusine

« Reply #831 on: May 23, 2015, 04:53:54 PM »
Yes, I did. It's just an experimental work to create the pattern; I intend to crochet a neater version
Welcome to the yarncrafters club too ! ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #832 on: May 23, 2015, 06:26:37 PM »
It lifts my spirit to check the new page every morning before setting off for work.

Welcome, Helia!
I think I know how you feel. *regards weekends as the new Mondays for some time now*

I spotted you on the fan map a while ago; I'm glad you decided to come to the forum!
Hehe. We all started with an optimistic inner chanting "I won't get addicted... I won't get addicted...". Then comes the sudden realisation, that it's already 3 am, and you're still on the chat, typing like a machine gun (trying to find one's aim with only one eye still open; hitting everything in the vicinity, except the right letters on the keyboard; blaming the cat - although, machine guns, too nice for their own good, generally don't blame cats for anything), getting a Burning Stare from abovementioned feline companion, because *she* wants to sleep, and you're making *noise*...

I hope to see more of you here. Until then, happy lurking - may the ghosts of baked squirrels protect you. ;)
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #833 on: May 24, 2015, 04:29:32 AM »
Shwmae, pawb! Fy enw ydy ParanormalAndroid, a dw i'n byw yng Nghymru. Fy hoff llyfr comic ydy SSSS, felly cysylltu y fforwm ffan.
(Hi, everyone! My name's ParanormalAndroid, and I live in Wales. My favourite comic is SSSS, so I decided to join the fan forum.)
Much as I like talking in Welsh, English is probably easier for everyone else.
So, hi!
I'm very new here (doubtless some of you remember my first comment a few weeks ago), but the comic's so exceptional and the community's so great that I decided to just throw myself into things.
As I'm on a tablet right now, I've not updated any profile information or anything- that'll come later, not that that's of any especial importance.
Anyway, I'll stop rambling- TL;DR is: hi, love the community, see you all soon!

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #834 on: May 24, 2015, 08:02:05 AM »
Shwmae, pawb! Fy enw ydy ParanormalAndroid, a dw i'n byw yng Nghymru. Fy hoff llyfr comic ydy SSSS, felly cysylltu y fforwm ffan.
(Hi, everyone! My name's ParanormalAndroid, and I live in Wales. My favourite comic is SSSS, so I decided to join the fan forum.)
Much as I like talking in Welsh, English is probably easier for everyone else.
So, hi!
I'm very new here (doubtless some of you remember my first comment a few weeks ago), but the comic's so exceptional and the community's so great that I decided to just throw myself into things.
As I'm on a tablet right now, I've not updated any profile information or anything- that'll come later, not that that's of any especial importance.
Anyway, I'll stop rambling- TL;DR is: hi, love the community, see you all soon!
Hah, the Welsh is a little lost on me, but your fellow Walisian Gwenno will probably understand it just fine!! Welcome to the forum ^___________^ this community really is great, and throwing yourself into it is a great tactic, but beware of getting cookies thrown at you in return......

fun fact: you're member number 666 as far as I know, congrats
you'll know where to find me.

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #835 on: May 24, 2015, 11:46:36 AM »
Hah, the Welsh is a little lost on me, but your fellow Walisian Gwenno will probably understand it just fine!! Welcome to the forum ^___________^ this community really is great, and throwing yourself into it is a great tactic, but beware of getting cookies thrown at you in return......

fun fact: you're member number 666 as far as I know, congrats
Good to see there's another Welsh person here, we seem to be a rare breed on the internet.
And user no. 666 sounds good to me.
Thanks for the welcome!

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #836 on: May 24, 2015, 11:53:21 AM »
Hello and welcome ParanormalAndroid! Here are the cookies Haiz mentioned, although I'm feeling polite today and won't throw them at you:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Guardian G.I.

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • and normal people close
« Reply #837 on: May 25, 2015, 06:13:19 AM »
Greetings. I'm from Belarus, I've accidentally stumbled upon SSSS via someone's link left on Reddit. The comic turned out to be surprisingly good, so I decided to follow it.

I'm a bit of an artist, but I'm too lazy to follow my ideas more often that not. Maybe I'll post something here... or maybe not.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:26:35 AM by Guardian G.I. »
Fluent: :russia:
Very rusty:
Can understand, but not speak: :ukraine:
Learning: :uk: :germany:

Mélusine

« Reply #838 on: May 25, 2015, 07:37:54 AM »
Welcome, Guardian G.I., "accidentally stumbled upon SSSS", that's terrible ^^ Maybe there are still Piney's cookies for you :)

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #839 on: May 25, 2015, 07:43:05 AM »
Welcome, G.I.! How's the Mojave wasteland?