Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581097 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #780 on: May 14, 2015, 06:09:34 PM »
I didn´t make the playlist, only reblogged it. :) But I have made a few SSSS playlists that I will post on the weekend.
Oooooooops, I read too fast ^^°
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #781 on: May 14, 2015, 09:40:06 PM »
Hæ! I've been wandering around here for a few days, taking in the wonderfulness of this community. This is the first forum I've ever actually posted on, so hopefully I won't mess this up too badly :P
I guess I should start out with how I found this beautiful comic. My penpal from Denmark sent it to me and I started with aRTD and then ended up here at SSSS few days later. Since then I have spent all my exam studying time reading and rereading :D

I am really excited to see so many language enthusiasts here. I have made language learning into a hobby for myself and will probably be spending a lot of time over in the language forums. Right now I am working on bettering my Danish pronunciation, and I hope to start German sometime later this year.
Other random things about me: I will read (nearly) any and every book you put in front of me (I am that person you see who walks into poles because they are reading a book while walking) I am a violist (fear us), and my calculus notes are more sketches than actual math.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Snommelp

« Reply #782 on: May 14, 2015, 09:42:02 PM »
Fear the violas? Oh, I do. I do very much.
Native speaker :usa:
Learning :sweden: :denmark: :norway: :ireland:
Want to learn :finland: :iceland: :wales: :italy: :brazil:
Know a small amount of :germany: :france: :vaticancity:
Professional(ish) musician and theologian

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #783 on: May 14, 2015, 11:17:57 PM »
Welcome!  Are you from Iceland, or just a SATW fan? 

And it's nice to add a violist to our growing collection of musicians.
Are you familiar with Garrison Keillor's "The Young Lutheran's Guide to the Orchestra"?
Here's what he says about violists:

The viola section is not a nice place for a Lutheran and you're just going to have to take my word for it. I know violists and they are fine people until, late at night, they start drinking a few bottles of cheap red wine and roasting chickens over a pit in a vacant lot and talk about going to Yucatan with a woman named Rita. Don't be a part of this crowd.

Hæ! I've been wandering around here for a few days, taking in the wonderfulness of this community. This is the first forum I've ever actually posted on, so hopefully I won't mess this up too badly :P
I guess I should start out with how I found this beautiful comic. My penpal from Denmark sent it to me and I started with aRTD and then ended up here at SSSS few days later. Since then I have spent all my exam studying time reading and rereading :D

I am really excited to see so many language enthusiasts here. I have made language learning into a hobby for myself and will probably be spending a lot of time over in the language forums. Right now I am working on bettering my Danish pronunciation, and I hope to start German sometime later this year.
Other random things about me: I will read (nearly) any and every book you put in front of me (I am that person you see who walks into poles because they are reading a book while walking) I am a violist (fear us), and my calculus notes are more sketches than actual math.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Mélusine

« Reply #784 on: May 15, 2015, 02:17:52 AM »
Welcome, other person who walks and reads in the same time :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #785 on: May 15, 2015, 03:52:43 AM »
I am a violist (fear us)

You're one of those. Also hæ ertu frá Íslandi? :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Pyrite

• What? No. Try again later.
« Reply #786 on: May 15, 2015, 10:22:20 PM »
Hello! I'm Pyrite, and I'm fairly new to this fandom overall. I found SSSS via friend recommendation (I'm not sure if she has an account on here) and I read it all in about two days. I draw, and write a tiny bit, along with doing a great deal of reading. I may be doing more lurking/ghosting as opposed to actual posting though.
Believe in yourself. You are an ancient, absent god, discussed only rarely by literary scholars. So if you don't believe, no-one will.
<<Tumblr | Flight Rising>>

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #787 on: May 15, 2015, 10:45:50 PM »
Hello! I'm Pyrite, and I'm fairly new to this fandom overall. I found SSSS via friend recommendation (I'm not sure if she has an account on here) and I read it all in about two days. I draw, and write a tiny bit, along with doing a great deal of reading. I may be doing more lurking/ghosting as opposed to actual posting though.
Hello/Welcome! :D We'd love to see your creative outputs (if you feel like sharing them, of course) in any of our fine threads devoted to art!

Also, I like your icon! Skulls are some of my favorite things, though some people think that's creepy? Is it creepy that I have a folder full of pictures of various kinds of animal skulls? I hope not... biology is just super interesting...
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #788 on: May 15, 2015, 10:51:59 PM »
You're one of those. Also hæ ertu frá Íslandi? :D

Nei, ég er frá Kanada. :) Þú?

Are you familiar with Garrison Keillor's "The Young Lutheran's Guide to the Orchestra"?

I had never heard of this before but it is really funny and I love it! :D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 09:46:36 AM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #789 on: May 15, 2015, 10:52:43 PM »
Hello/Welcome! :D We'd love to see your creative outputs (if you feel like sharing them, of course) in any of our fine threads devoted to art!

Also, I like your icon! Skulls are some of my favorite things, though some people think that's creepy? Is it creepy that I have a folder full of pictures of various kinds of animal skulls? I hope not... biology is just super interesting...

Skulls are clearly one of Minna's favorite things, judging by how she depicts the Hiisi. 

If we ever have a costume competition at an SSSS Meet-Up, I may need to reach out to one of you and find how I can get my hands on a moose skull (or replica thereof). 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Pyrite

• What? No. Try again later.
« Reply #790 on: May 15, 2015, 10:59:33 PM »

I don't have any very recent art at the moment, my folders are full of unfinished sketches. I'll start something up to show you folks, and post it up to one of them.

Thank-you! I drew it a while back. I have a folder of skeletons, and dozens of pictures of animal skulls as well. I mostly use them for reference when drawing. The majority are owl and frog skulls, I think.
Believe in yourself. You are an ancient, absent god, discussed only rarely by literary scholars. So if you don't believe, no-one will.
<<Tumblr | Flight Rising>>

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #791 on: May 16, 2015, 05:37:00 AM »
Nei, ég er frá Kanada. :) Þú?

Velkomin í forumið og gaman að kynnast þér! Ég bý á Íslandi en er finnsk að uppruna, flutti hingað fyrir mörgum árum siðan.
That's quite an awesome summer plan and yay! I live in Rvík so if you're planning on staying somewhere nearby we might even meet at some point. :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 09:48:43 AM by Feartheviolas »
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Emil

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • my real name is Emil but you can call me Emil
  • Preferred pronouns: *incoherent screaming*
« Reply #792 on: May 16, 2015, 07:23:50 PM »
Hi, name's Emil (really, it is!) and I registered here after being linked to this forum by a friend.

I'm still in the progress of reading the comic, but so far I think it's really awesome and it's cool to see such an active fandom like this one.

I'm mostly a lurker in the majority of forums I'm "active" in, with the exceptions of two others where I post a lot. So you might not see my face around too much.

I'm the stereotypical norwegian nerd, and I like cats. Maybe that's why I like this comic?

Dunno! But that's me, HI.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #793 on: May 16, 2015, 07:26:32 PM »
Hi, name's Emil (really, it is!) and I registered here after being linked to this forum by a friend.

I'm still in the progress of reading the comic, but so far I think it's really awesome and it's cool to see such an active fandom like this one.

I'm mostly a lurker in the majority of forums I'm "active" in, with the exceptions of two others where I post a lot. So you might not see my face around too much.

I'm the stereotypical norwegian nerd, and I like cats. Maybe that's why I like this comic?

YO THIS BE MY FRIEND EMIL EVERYONE
he's actually tall
you'll know where to find me.

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #794 on: May 16, 2015, 07:26:54 PM »

Oh my god your icon <3 I had such an obsession with Serial Experiments Lain for so long... I even had her hairstyle on two separate occasions >_>;;;

Now that I've overshared yet again, welcome to the forum! Feel free to be as active or as inactive as you like! :)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden: