Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580865 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #750 on: May 11, 2015, 05:18:10 PM »
Welcome, everybody :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #751 on: May 11, 2015, 08:52:33 PM »
Yes by the time I reached the 'last page' (it was page 284, I think) I had an internal scream of 'WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITS THE LAST PAGE, NOOOO'.

Thanks for warm welcome! :3
I just wanted to say that I absolutely adore your avatar!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Haspen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Hat Kat
« Reply #752 on: May 12, 2015, 04:54:45 AM »
Thanks, a buddy of mine from another forum made it, and its other two shuffling variants. I love it too :3
Languages? Only :poland: and :uk: I'm afraid!

My 'dream catalogue' - Are you ready to delve into crazy? You probably aren't, so remember that you're clicking this at your own responsibility.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #753 on: May 12, 2015, 09:45:14 AM »
I am anonion (pronounced "an onion" [...]
Soooo ... "anon ion" is the name of your secret mad-scientist identity, right? Right? ;)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #754 on: May 12, 2015, 09:57:37 AM »
Soooo ... "anon ion" is the name of your secret mad-scientist identity, right? Right? ;)
...that's how I was reading it before anonion wrote that introduction... >.<
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #755 on: May 12, 2015, 10:10:38 AM »
I wish! I'm nowhere near as smart, resourceful and intent on world conquest enough to be a mad scientist. I'm more of a spawn of Puppyfox if anything - incompetent trickster god wannabe.

I hope they fall for this

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #756 on: May 12, 2015, 04:31:34 PM »
Hello! I'm Ana Nymus (get the pun? :P). This is probably obvious, but I'm new here. I've binge read both comics and love them with all of my heart. I'm a huge fantasy and sci-fi fan, I play flute and piano, and I occasionally write and draw my own stuff. I'm also attempting to learn Finnish (key word: attempting), so I'll be heading over to the language forums now. See you later!

Ana

P.S. For all you binge readers out there: that moment when you go to click the "next page" button and nothing happens, and you realize that you've caught up and have to wait for the next comic...
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #757 on: May 12, 2015, 06:32:19 PM »
Hello! I'm Ana Nymus (get the pun? :P).
Helloooooo!!! (I got the pun, hahah)

Welcome to the forum ^___________^ I'm not one of the cookie-makers but they'll come around at some point, in the meanwhile I hope you'll have fun in the language threads and wherever else you'll find yourself!
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #758 on: May 12, 2015, 07:27:26 PM »
Hello! I'm Ana Nymus (get the pun? :P). This is probably obvious, but I'm new here. I've binge read both comics and love them with all of my heart. I'm a huge fantasy and sci-fi fan, I play flute and piano, and I occasionally write and draw my own stuff. I'm also attempting to learn Finnish (key word: attempting), so I'll be heading over to the language forums now. See you later!

Ana

P.S. For all you binge readers out there: that moment when you go to click the "next page" button and nothing happens, and you realize that you've caught up and have to wait for the next comic...

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #759 on: May 12, 2015, 09:00:52 PM »
Thank you for the cookies! This is such a welcoming community. I think I'm going to enjoy it here  :)
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #760 on: May 12, 2015, 09:12:33 PM »
This is such a welcoming community. I think I'm going to enjoy it here  :)
I know, right? I was not intending to become a fanartist, or hand out squirrel-cookies, or spend the most amount of time on "social media" (aka forums) in my French class (despite being technologically inept and having that class with a whole load of popular people)... ;)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #761 on: May 12, 2015, 09:19:43 PM »
I know, right? I was not intending to become a fanartist, or hand out squirrel-cookies, or spend the most amount of time on "social media" (aka forums) in my French class (despite being technologically inept and having that class with a whole load of popular people)... ;)

Haha, you could even count your Forum participation towards studying French if you hang out here:
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=205.0
I have certainly improved my French, through that thread and one-on-one conversations with some of our Francophone members.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #762 on: May 12, 2015, 09:22:14 PM »
Thank you for the cookies! This is such a welcoming community. I think I'm going to enjoy it here  :)

Hopefully you will! This is the sweetest and most talented fandom I've been in! :D Welcome aboard!
YEET

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #763 on: May 13, 2015, 10:42:35 AM »
Haha, you could even count your Forum participation towards studying French if you hang out here:
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=205.0
I have certainly improved my French, through that thread and one-on-one conversations with some of our Francophone members.
If I can help... :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

zetkaj

« Reply #764 on: May 13, 2015, 01:51:24 PM »
Hello~

I'm Zet, 22, haven't been on any forum in years, so this is a bit awkward...
My native language is Polish, I know some German from school (enough to understand some, not enough to actually hold a conversation), now I'm learning Finnish, but I'm a total beginner so far.
I've read SSSS in one go (I tried to stop, but just...couldn't), now I'm a bit obsessed. I liked aRTD too, but I have a soft spot for well-written postapo stuff, I guess c:
I like pixel art, music, starry skies, random facts and that awful 80s music videos aesthetic. Beautiful.
I also am a wannabe animator and I kind of draw (I really, really hate the word 'artist'), here's my sketchblog! (Now, with SSSS stuff!)

(How do you end a post without it looking unfinished?)

Native :poland: , fluent :uk: , a bit :germany: , learning :finland:

The whole culture is based on pretending. Pretending that we are cultured.