Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580901 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #720 on: May 07, 2015, 03:04:04 PM »
Haha! I remember 'way back when Haiz's forum icon text was "very small, very scared" and then "tiny unicorn."  Ze outgrew that shyness pretty quickly!   8)
IT'S HONESTLY KIND OF EMBARASSING
and a testament to this community's acceptance of overexcited weirdos like me
i was SO READY to bolt at any sign of annoyance, I even had this as my icon:

hang on lemme find my own introduction post
I don't think I'll be very active
fastforward not even two months, and I'm airport royalty in the making
you'll know where to find me.

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #721 on: May 07, 2015, 03:17:27 PM »
Szevasz!
Kicsi szívem vígan dobog látásodnak alkalmából! Üdv a fórumon, vegyél a virtuális sütikből (óvatosan a mókus ízűekkel), és felejtsd el az "alvás" szót. Az ágyak egyébként is csak a mélyűrben élő kék meztelen csigák ördögi találmánya, direkt arra tervezve, hogy kiszívják az életerőd és ellopják az egyéniséged. ;)

Hi!
My little heart flutters merrily on the occassion of seeing you! Greetings to the forum, have some virtual cookies (beware of the chipmunk flavoured ones), and forget the word "sleeping". Beds are the invention of the blue slugs living in deep space, anyway, purposely devised to suck one's life force and steal one's identity. ;)
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #722 on: May 07, 2015, 06:19:33 PM »
We have an introduction thread!?

Well, there’s an indication of how blisteringly incompetent I can be when it comes to forums. We’re off to a good start!

Well… hello, I guess? Despite the fact that I’ve already been here for about a month and a half. I’m SectoBoss, currently slogging through the last few years of a chemistry degree in a city where it never stops raining. If you met me in real life you’d think I was cripplingly shy and a bit weird, and you’d be right on both counts. Since I can’t draw for toffee I’ve ended up writing way more SSSS fanfiction than is healthy. Some people have even said it isn’t terrible, and this makes me happier than it has any right to. All in all I must say I’m incredibly glad I found this little corner of the internet, even if my interaction with it can be a bit sparse.

I’m more of a lurker than an active member of the community, and will continue to be so until I can think of something else to say.

*scurries back into the lurker shadows, carries on writing*
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #723 on: May 07, 2015, 06:25:06 PM »
Some people have even said it isn’t terrible
how about "you're my favourite SSSS fanfic writer"
you'll know where to find me.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #724 on: May 07, 2015, 06:35:04 PM »
We have an introduction thread!?

Well, there’s an indication of how blisteringly incompetent I can be when it comes to forums. We’re off to a good start!

Well… hello, I guess? Despite the fact that I’ve already been here for about a month and a half. I’m SectoBoss, currently slogging through the last few years of a chemistry degree in a city where it never stops raining. If you met me in real life you’d think I was cripplingly shy and a bit weird, and you’d be right on both counts.

Since I can’t draw for toffee I’ve ended up writing way more SSSS fanfiction than is healthy. Some people have even said it isn’t terrible, and this makes me happier than it has any right to. All in all I must say I’m incredibly glad I found this little corner of the internet, even if my interaction with it can be a bit sparse.

Oh, c'mon -- we wouldn't let anyone else say mean things about you, so we don't like to hear you say overly self-critical things either!  Many of our members either haven't posted here, or only did so because someone *ahem* nagged them to. 

Really, we have something like 32,000 postings in 375 threads [jeez, I had no idea], and we don't exactly hand out checklists at the door.  So it's excusable if you didn't stumble over this Intro thread till now. 

Not that we aren't glad to hear from you!  And as far as cripplingly shy and a bit weird, heh, join the club!   :)

And *please* feel free to keep writing -- we really like it when you do!  See:

I know a lot of words but I don't know how I can put them together to say how much I like [SB's latest story].
And:
I loved it. So sad, a perfect touch of hopelessness, well-written and - well - I guess the end almost kind of counts as a happy one... well, not really but maybe something like a good conclusion. *applause*
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:42:02 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Teresa

« Reply #725 on: May 07, 2015, 09:32:24 PM »
Hi, I'm Abageal, and I live in the southern part of the US. I'm still teaching myself several different arts, and I've been lurking on the comic since the second half of Chapter One approximately.... I;ve also been lurking on the forum for a while, and I decided that I'm going to join and generally being a person. I'm really not all that interesting, as you can tell :) I try to do art and stuff, but I'm still learning a LOT. But I love SSSS a ton, and I'm really excited to be more a part of the community. So... Hi!

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #726 on: May 07, 2015, 09:36:00 PM »
Hi, I'm Abageal, and I live in the southern part of the US. I'm still teaching myself several different arts, and I've been lurking on the comic since the second half of Chapter One approximately.... I;ve also been lurking on the forum for a while, and I decided that I'm going to join and generally being a person. I'm really not all that interesting, as you can tell :) I try to do art and stuff, but I'm still learning a LOT. But I love SSSS a ton, and I'm really excited to be more a part of the community. So... Hi!

Hallo, and welcome!  Glad to have you out of lurkerdom! Rule number one, never say you're not interesting, that's the biggest lie ever. Rule number two, keep learning! We'd love to see your works!

I'm not really all that official, but hey, have some cookies anyways :) Well, cookie dough - don't bake it, it has a tendency to start planning world domination and playing chess. In that order.
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Teresa

« Reply #727 on: May 07, 2015, 09:42:34 PM »
Hallo, and welcome!  Glad to have you out of lurkerdom! Rule number one, never say you're not interesting, that's the biggest lie ever. Rule number two, keep learning! We'd love to see your works!

I'm not really all that official, but hey, have some cookies anyways :) Well, cookie dough - don't bake it, it has a tendency to start planning world domination and playing chess. In that order.

Ah man, I might need some cookie minions for world domination...... And to win at chess for me, because I'm terrible  :D

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #728 on: May 07, 2015, 09:45:09 PM »

Hi to you! :D I think I recognize your name from tumblr.
Here are some proper cookies:

(sorry, they're not real squirrels so I don't think they can help you)
So what would you prefer we call you?

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Teresa

« Reply #729 on: May 07, 2015, 09:51:42 PM »
Hi to you! :D I think I recognize your name from tumblr.
Here are some proper cookies:

(sorry, they're not real squirrels so I don't think they can help you)
So what would you prefer we call you?
Hi! I am on Tumblr, and my username is abageal (I tried to do that on here too, but it was taken :) )
Those are pretty great cookie Squirrels, Thank you  :D Maybe one day I will find technology that can animate cookies.......
Honestly, I really don't mind what anyone wants to call me. Abageal is fine, as is Teresa- so you can pick and choose :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:56:12 PM by Teresa »

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #730 on: May 07, 2015, 10:01:59 PM »
Hi! I am on Tumblr, but my username is abageal (I tried to do that on here too, but it was taken :) )
Those are pretty great cookie Squirrels, Thank you  :D Maybe one day I will find technology that can animate cookies.......
Honestly, I really don't mind what anyone wants to call me. Abageal is fine, as is Teresa- so you can pick and choose :)

You're welcome, they are the Most Best Trustworthy cookies indeed :D I'll probably end up using Teresa, it's bound to be less confusing if I'm ever referring to you on the forum.
and yep I was right, you follow one of my blogs

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #731 on: May 07, 2015, 10:08:00 PM »
Hmm, Aberresa sounds like an abberation, and Abagealaresa sounds like some sort of strange ritual, so I think I'll stick to Teresa, thanks :P
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Teresa

« Reply #732 on: May 07, 2015, 10:20:23 PM »
100% Ok with being called Teresa :) Also, yes, I wonder if they can be captains or not..... mmmm, Sigrun might have a problem with them and feed them to Lalli. Which would be hilarious.
I've never had anyone try to mix my names, it's actually a pretty interesting result :)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #733 on: May 07, 2015, 10:45:17 PM »
100% Ok with being called Teresa :) Also, yes, I wonder if they can be captains or not..... mmmm, Sigrun might have a problem with them and feed them to Lalli. Which would be hilarious.
I've never had anyone try to mix my names, it's actually a pretty interesting result :)
Oho, did you draw your icon? curry senses ARTIST We have a variety of art threads, listed here along with lots of useful information about how images work! Please come join us and grace us with more fantastic fanart! :D
YEET

Teresa

« Reply #734 on: May 07, 2015, 11:12:12 PM »
Oho, did you draw your icon? curry senses ARTIST We have a variety of art threads, listed here along with lots of useful information about how images work! Please come join us and grace us with more fantastic fanart! :D
I did draw my icon! I'm hoping to post it to the art thread tomorrow :)
I cannot thank you enough for the info! It will definitely help a ton :D