Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581084 times)

Ren

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #705 on: May 04, 2015, 11:13:12 PM »
I have been lurking for a while with the occasional post since a friend of mine told me to read SSSS. I just want to say hi and welcome to everyone who joins the fan forum
Learning Spanish and Norwegian

Chapter Break Survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #706 on: May 05, 2015, 02:23:06 AM »
I have been lurking for a while with the occasional post since a friend of mine told me to read SSSS. I just want to say hi and welcome to everyone who joins the fan forum

Could we ask you to tell us a bit about yourself?  Where you're from, interests, plans, etc.?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #707 on: May 05, 2015, 04:43:06 AM »
How did I never notice there was an introduction thread?

So hello, Rabbit here. *awkward Zuko wave*
I've been around since September, I'm just really bad at this foruming thing.

Finn temporarily displaced to the land of sushi and painfully polite people in an attempt to learn the language, older than Hannu but younger than Sigrun, troper and book hoarder. I have 99 problems and all of them are having way too many interests to actually devote significant time to anything. My only specialties are remembering utterly useless details about fictional works and not getting lost. I like swords and taking extreme close-up photos of vegetation. Occasionally I try to art. Mostly I just hang in the back providing snide commentary. I despair about coffee a lot.
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #708 on: May 05, 2015, 01:10:54 PM »
I despair about coffee a lot.

IIRC the Finns drink more coffee per capita than anyone else in the world.  Lord knows how they're going to survive post-Rash.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #709 on: May 05, 2015, 01:31:02 PM »
IIRC the Finns drink more coffee per capita than anyone else in the world.  Lord knows how they're going to survive post-Rash.

I wonder the same.
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Divra

« Reply #710 on: May 05, 2015, 02:43:43 PM »
I wonder the same.

There's something about that in this thread.

https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=39.0

The tl,dr is dandelion, chicory or roasted acorns.

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #711 on: May 06, 2015, 11:15:10 AM »
I worry more about nicotine, should the apocalypse happen I am raiding the nearest seller of cigarettes and woe betide any that would stand in my path.  The end of the world will be bad enough without adding niccy withdrawal to the mix.  That said caffeine withdrawal is no fun either...

Chizu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Potatoes you will potate!
« Reply #712 on: May 06, 2015, 08:35:52 PM »
I worry more about nicotine, should the apocalypse happen I am raiding the nearest seller of cigarettes and woe betide any that would stand in my path.  The end of the world will be bad enough without adding niccy withdrawal to the mix.  That said caffeine withdrawal is no fun either...
*gives you a semi-worried semi-angry glare* But I thought you quit . . . *crawls in a box*

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #713 on: May 06, 2015, 11:03:56 PM »

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel...goddamit, I need a cigarette.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #714 on: May 07, 2015, 01:48:42 AM »
It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel...goddamit, I need a cigarette.

Hey, folks, can I gently encourage you to continue the conversation in General Discussion?  We try to keep this channel clear for introductions (and a reasonable amount of reaction thereto).

Thanks!

Sunflower
Forum-Skald
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #715 on: May 07, 2015, 02:28:54 PM »
Hello,

I'm a guy from Hungary, Tuomi+(2×Tuomi^0) years old, currently a student. Hobbies include programming (beginner), making websites (intermediate at front-end stuff) and messing around in Blender. SSSS also got me interested in drawing and Finnish, but I haven't done anything related to those yet. Favourite school subject is Maths (also Physics, but we don't have that right now).

I found SSSS via the Language tree back in November, it was posted on a news site I read. My first reaction was "Are webcomics a thing?" Then I got curious, and read it. I got carried away immediately by the world and the characters. So, I've been a lurker for about half a year... in that time I gradually started voting, checking the forum and reguraly following some threads. Then I started making a forum theme for this place, got it finished, and now here I am, giving a contribution to the wonderful community of this wonderful comic. :)

I don't think I'll write too much, but I'll continue to check in more times than reasonable a lot... :D
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #716 on: May 07, 2015, 02:45:13 PM »
I don't think I'll write too much
FAMOUS LAST WORDS

i mean

welcome to the forum!!! even if you might have lurked for longer than i've been a member
The forum theme looks super cool O:
you'll know where to find me.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #717 on: May 07, 2015, 02:51:59 PM »
Hello,

I'm a guy from Hungary, Tuomi+(2×Tuomi^0) years old, currently a student. Hobbies include programming (beginner), making websites (intermediate at front-end stuff) and messing around in Blender. SSSS also got me interested in drawing and Finnish, but I haven't done anything related to those yet. Favourite school subject is Maths (also Physics, but we don't have that right now).

I found SSSS via the Language tree back in November, it was posted on a news site I read. My first reaction was "Are webcomics a thing?" Then I got curious, and read it. I got carried away immediately by the world and the characters.

So, I've been a lurker for about half a year... in that time I gradually started voting, checking the forum and reguraly following some threads.

Then I started making a forum theme for this place, got it finished, and now here I am, giving a contribution to the wonderful community of this wonderful comic. :)

I don't think I'll write too much, but I'll continue to check in more times than reasonable a lot... :D

Welcome, Eriaror!  That's quite a debut -- offering a beautiful forum theme before even your first post! 

If I remember my high-school math, you're... 17?  That actually makes you one of the elder members of "SSSS Fandom: The Next Generation."  The Language Tree seems to have lured in quite a few new readers -- and why am I not surprised you're interested in Finnish?   ;)  (My library request queue is full of Sibelius, Moomintroll books, and a post-apocalyptic novel recommended by another Forumite.)

Make yourself at home, and once again, welcome! 

- Sunflower
Forum-Skald

P.S.  Does your forum name have a meaning?
P.P.S.  If you're interested in math, do you have an Erdős number yet?   ;)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #718 on: May 07, 2015, 02:55:08 PM »
Quote from: Eriaror on Today at 11:28:54 AM
I don't think I'll write too much

FAMOUS LAST WORDS

i mean

welcome to the forum!!! even if you might have lurked for longer than i've been a member

Haha! I remember 'way back when Haiz's forum icon text was "very small, very scared" and then "tiny unicorn."  Ze outgrew that shyness pretty quickly!   8)

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #719 on: May 07, 2015, 03:03:19 PM »
Hello,

I found SSSS via the Language tree back in November, it was posted on a news site I read. My first reaction was "Are webcomics a thing?" Then I got curious, and read it. I got carried away immediately by the world and the characters. So, I've been a lurker for about half a year... in that time I gradually started voting, checking the forum and reguraly following some threads. Then I started making a forum theme for this place, got it finished, and now here I am, giving a contribution to the wonderful community of this wonderful comic. :)

Welcome, have some cookies! Good job with the theme!

If I remember my high-school math, you're... 17?  That actually makes you one of the elder members of "SSSS Fandom: The Next Generation."

16, I believe. (Tuomi was 15)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: