Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580967 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #630 on: April 14, 2015, 03:16:16 AM »
Hello!  I made it here by making a new account.  L'amitie c'est mort, vive l'amitie.
[...]
Once upon a time I did a lot of internet community things, but I haven't been interested much until I ran into the Stand Still community.  You guys are amazing.  The comic is amazing.  Another thing I love is voting for it, because I want excellent things to succeed.

Welcome, Amity!  Glad you made the trip safely over from Disqus.  Did you ever recover your first password, or did you have to start over? 

I agree about the amazingness of SSSS and the community it attracts.  A refreshing alternative to some other parts of the Internet.

What part of California are you from?  Minnions seem to be sprinkled thinly and evenly from the northern Sierras down to San Diego.  (I'm in area code 650 myself.)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Amity

• Scout
  • What Would Sigrun Do?
« Reply #631 on: April 14, 2015, 04:51:23 AM »
Hi Sunflower and everyone!

I'm right in the middle of the crazy 415.  I love it.  We should have a meetup!
If life hands you Emil, make Emilonade!

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
  • just a gourd on the internet
  • Preferred pronouns: ALL THE PRONOUNS. He/him/his is always a safe bet though!
« Reply #632 on: April 14, 2015, 01:31:17 PM »
Hrmanherm someone (noodly?) said something about a map, where is this map you speak of? I would like to meet up with someone.
I say vol, you say tron! Vol!
…Voltron?

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #633 on: April 14, 2015, 04:14:17 PM »
Hrmanherm someone (noodly?) said something about a map, where is this map you speak of? I would like to meet up with someone.

here ya go:
http://ssssforum.pcriot.com/index.php?topic=245.0

edit: and welcome new forumites :D
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Snommelp

« Reply #634 on: April 14, 2015, 11:19:56 PM »
Hej! I'm Joe. I don't know if I'll be here all that often, but I thought I'd make an account using my Disqus username, just in case

:-P
Native speaker :usa:
Learning :sweden: :denmark: :norway: :ireland:
Want to learn :finland: :iceland: :wales: :italy: :brazil:
Know a small amount of :germany: :france: :vaticancity:
Professional(ish) musician and theologian

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #635 on: April 15, 2015, 12:52:02 AM »
Hej! I'm Joe. I don't know if I'll be here all that often, but I thought I'd make an account using my Disqus username, just in case

:-P

Hi, Joe.  I've seen your username on Disqus.  Does it spell something backwards? 

In any event, welcome.  Lots to read and do here!  We're all friendly, so don't hesitate to ask questions or try something out.

- Sunflower
Forum-Skald
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
« Reply #636 on: April 15, 2015, 12:31:38 PM »

oh, wait. haha sorry, already have the link.
…Voltron?

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
« Reply #637 on: April 15, 2015, 12:35:18 PM »
... Really?

Rain is very much Most Best.
…Voltron?

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #638 on: April 15, 2015, 09:58:34 PM »
Hey everyone! :)

I'm Daéa and I've been lurking around the comments and the forum for some time until I finally had the courage to step in this crazy fandom. I used to read "A Redtail's Dream" and was there when it ended (*cries*) and now I'm addicted to SSSS, because Minna Sundberg is a genius, seriously.

I don't comment much, mainly because I'm always afraid of writing something wrong or not been able to express my feelings through words (since english is not my native language). But I like to read what you guys say and you're all amazing.

I am brazilian, 23 years old. I love drawing, writing and reading, not exactly in this order.

And... That's it. Hello? :D
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #639 on: April 15, 2015, 10:06:51 PM »

I'm Daéa and I've been lurking around the comments and the forum for some time until I finally had the courage to step in this crazy fandom. I used to read "A Redtail's Dream" and was there when it ended (*cries*) and now I'm addicted to SSSS, because Minna Sundberg is a genius, seriously.

I don't comment much, mainly because I'm always afraid of writing something wrong or not been able to express my feelings through words (since english is not my native language). But I like to read what you guys say and you're all amazing.

I am brazilian, 23 years old. I love drawing, writing and reading, not exactly in this order.

HI. I'm DancingRanger! You may call me Ranger (people already have) Welcome to the wonderful world of the forums. I'm sure some one will be offering you cookies soon. I offer a cup of fine coffee, or tea.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #640 on: April 15, 2015, 11:27:20 PM »

Hello and welcome! I recognize you from Disqus :)  Settle in, have some squirrel cookies!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #641 on: April 16, 2015, 01:52:36 AM »

Hi, Daéa.  I hope we don't come across as *too* crazy and/or intimidating -- we're friendly, really!

Please don't ever hold back because you're "afraid of writing something wrong."  English isn't the first language for a lot of the Minnions -- and most of the rest of us are learning something difficult like Finnish, Korean, or Elvish!  (For my part, I'm trying to revive my high-school French on the French thread.)

I'm a big fan of Brazilian music (more the older styles, like bossa nova and samba, though I'm trying to listen to newer things too), so the few words of Portuguese I know are mostly from Tom Jobim lyrics.  ("Águas de Março" is one of my very favorite songs.)  If you like music and want to recommend something, you'll find kindred spirits on the Music Thread.

Welcome to the Forum!

Sunflower
Forum-Skald

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #642 on: April 16, 2015, 11:04:52 AM »
I've been away for a little while, so welcome to everyone who has joined since then! Have fun on the forums and check out our wiki!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #643 on: April 16, 2015, 11:25:53 AM »
I'm Daéa and I've been lurking around the comments and the forum for some time until I finally had the courage to step in this crazy fandom.

We're not that crazy. Not in a clinical sense anyways. Welcome to the community, enjoy your stay!

I've been away for a little while, so welcome to everyone who has joined since then! Have fun on the forums and check out our wiki!

Welcome back, we've missed you!

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #644 on: April 16, 2015, 12:48:40 PM »
Thanks for the tea, the cookies and everything! You're all really nice! :)

Sunflower: I'll try to write more, that is for certain. Thank you! :)
I'm not a big fan of brazilian music myself, shame on me. But I think the older styles are way better than the ones we have today.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."