Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 580981 times)

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #615 on: April 13, 2015, 01:18:43 PM »
*Immediately grabs you*

Just what we needed! This way please!

OH HALP TRANSLATING STUFF I AM NOT READY (or worthy)

Also I should mention my nynorsk isn't the best because I only pretend to write nynorsk (even with 13 years of learning how to I AM A HOPELESS MESS) but if you are in dire need I can try to contribute? Though I know Haiz knows someone with far more best nynorsk than me. D:
• :norway: :usa: :uk: :denmark: :sweden: :germany: •

And in the light of the sun we go, through rain and raging snow, to find the things we do not know

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #616 on: April 13, 2015, 01:49:55 PM »

OH HALP TRANSLATING STUFF I AM NOT READY (or worthy)

Also I should mention my nynorsk isn't the best because I only pretend to write nynorsk (even with 13 years of learning how to I AM A HOPELESS MESS) but if you are in dire need I can try to contribute? Though I know Haiz knows someone with far more best nynorsk than me. D:

Whoops, I misunderstood then. But if you want to help with things like proofreading when the ball gets going you're more than welcome!

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #617 on: April 13, 2015, 02:00:57 PM »
Whoops, I misunderstood then. But if you want to help with things like proofreading when the ball gets going you're more than welcome!

Oh no I hope I didn't make you feel bad? I am flattered you want to include me, and in theory I should be exactly what you're looking for, since I have been taught to write nynorsk since I startet to learn writing, I just know for a fact that my teachers haven't been the best and they have taught me a lot of faults that I cannot seem to work out without having to really work it out. But as I mentioned - and as I also mentioned in the thread - I would be happy to help if you need it. I just thought you should all know I'm not sure how much help I would be. But sure, I can proofread, and I can try translating if it's needed. But I might take some time, since I'll have to proofread twice or three times to be sure I'm not making horrible mistakes.

And in the light of the sun we go, through rain and raging snow, to find the things we do not know

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
  • just a gourd on the internet
  • Preferred pronouns: ALL THE PRONOUNS. He/him/his is always a safe bet though!
« Reply #618 on: April 13, 2015, 04:47:03 PM »
Hello! Whoops, I realized I should have come here before ! Made threads of my own. Anyhow, ! Hello, I am Willowham. No my name is not Willow. That is my hamster's name! I am a Seattlite, I love rain, art, comics, and anything to do with My Little Pony. I have my own webcomics, askmapleleaf.tumblr.com . It is definetly not as good as SSSS. I have been getting a bit lazy on updates, actually. I speak English , Spanish, Greek, and about this much / / French. I love strawberries, and kiwis. That is all. Oh yeah, and I am really, REALLY indecisive. I like tongue twisters.
I say vol, you say tron! Vol!
…Voltron?

Stefanyeah

« Reply #619 on: April 13, 2015, 04:56:16 PM »

Edit: Also I just realized I'm a liar - I am not the same age as Tuuri, I am almost two years older than her, my bad, I find myself forgetting how old I am ;___;

You're not alone. I skipped several years of my life because I could never remember how old I am… For example, I never was 19. I was 18 for two years and jumped right to twenty… -.-; Did that a few times throughout my twenties before forgetting my age altogether for a few years.
:germany: native
:uk: fluent
:netherlands: rusty

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #620 on: April 13, 2015, 05:10:33 PM »
You're not alone. I skipped several years of my life because I could never remember how old I am… For example, I never was 19. I was 18 for two years and jumped right to twenty… -.-; Did that a few times throughout my twenties before forgetting my age altogether for a few years.

A friend of mine told me once how it was "hilarious how you sometimes forget how old you are" and I was like "? ?? ?? ?? THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME?!!?!??!!!" and he was like ".. nooo, you do it all the time.." so I went all "!!!!!! OMG HOW OLD AM I THEN I KNOW I AM TEN YEARS YOUNGER THAN MY OLDEST BROTHER BUT OH GOD HOW OLD IS HE?!?!" and then freaking out happened. I think I scared said friend. I might not have aged since I was eighteen! (I know I must have turned eighteen at some point because suddenly I could buy alcohol and no one went HEY U GIRL U NO ALCOHOL BUY!)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #621 on: April 13, 2015, 05:13:12 PM »
Oh no I hope I didn't make you feel bad?
Pfft, no, that ain't happening.

I am flattered you want to include me, and in theory I should be exactly what you're looking for, since I have been taught to write nynorsk since I startet to learn writing, I just know for a fact that my teachers haven't been the best and they have taught me a lot of faults that I cannot seem to work out without having to really work it out. But as I mentioned - and as I also mentioned in the thread - I would be happy to help if you need it. I just thought you should all know I'm not sure how much help I would be. But sure, I can proofread, and I can try translating if it's needed. But I might take some time, since I'll have to proofread twice or three times to be sure I'm not making horrible mistakes.[/font]

Sounds great! I'm sure you will do great if you're interested in helping out!

I love rain

... Really?

Stefanyeah

« Reply #622 on: April 13, 2015, 05:22:00 PM »
A friend of mine told me once how it was "hilarious how you sometimes forget how old you are" and I was like "? ?? ?? ?? THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME?!!?!??!!!" and he was like ".. nooo, you do it all the time.." so I went all "!!!!!! OMG HOW OLD AM I THEN I KNOW I AM TEN YEARS YOUNGER THAN MY OLDEST BROTHER BUT OH GOD HOW OLD IS HE?!?!" and then freaking out happened. I think I scared said friend. I might not have aged since I was eighteen! (I know I must have turned eighteen at some point because suddenly I could buy alcohol and no one went HEY U GIRL U NO ALCOHOL BUY!)

I just go confused for a moment and try to count from my birth year. Which also proves difficult since my brain tends to shut down when presented with higher math such as subtraction.

I only started the freak out whenever I realised I'd be hitting thirty liek SOOOOON! But it's not all that different once you're there. You don't suddenly wake up and are fully grown up. And then you go back to simply not caring much.

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #623 on: April 13, 2015, 05:29:37 PM »
I just go confused for a moment and try to count from my birth year. Which also proves difficult since my brain tends to shut down when presented with higher math such as subtraction.

I only started the freak out whenever I realised I'd be hitting thirty liek SOOOOON! But it's not all that different once you're there. You don't suddenly wake up and are fully grown up. And then you go back to simply not caring much.

Well then it seems like you've come to terms with your "how old am I really?"-problem, whereas I forget it actually is a problem of mine and when it occurs and I am aware of it I go "oh noes what is this even I need to figure this out once and for all" and, as it would seem, "once and for all" can happen a great amount of times..

Pfft, no, that ain't happening.

(...)

Sounds great! I'm sure you will do great if you're interested in helping out!

PHEW good, I am not here to make peeps feel bad, I am here to drool on fan art and perhaps muster some internal Sigrun to actually post something relevant anywhere. (perhaps Sigrun isn't the most best example for posting relevant stuff as she strikes me as not always the most relevant one idk?)

And also GREAT count me in if needed, I could always need the practice, since I am studying to becoming a norwegian teacher and also wants to learn how to english teach small people.

Stefanyeah

« Reply #624 on: April 13, 2015, 05:47:42 PM »
Well then it seems like you've come to terms with your "how old am I really?"-problem, whereas I forget it actually is a problem of mine and when it occurs and I am aware of it I go "oh noes what is this even I need to figure this out once and for all" and, as it would seem, "once and for all" can happen a great amount of times..

It keeps your life surprising and exciting. :P
Maybe it just goes together with me caring less and less for birthdays in general the older I get. (I would be offended if all people close to me just collectively forgot about my birthday, though. I'm not that indifferent about birthdays…)

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #625 on: April 13, 2015, 05:53:21 PM »
It keeps your life surprising and exciting. :P
Maybe it just goes together with me caring less and less for birthdays in general the older I get. (I would be offended if all people close to me just collectively forgot about my birthday, though. I'm not that indifferent about birthdays…)

I lost interest in my birthdays sometime before I turned eighteen. So I haven't cared for my birthday in.. *counting fingers*.. wait, how old did I say I was?

Almost 23.. OK, got it. If we assume I lost interest in my birthdays when I was 16, it's 7 years. 7 years of birthday-indifference. And I don't even care if people congratulate me or not either, as long as they don't sing and dance and make a really big deal out of it; that's THE worst!

And I realized just now that I am shamelessly spamming this thread, I am so sorry and I will stop now, I just find it amusing getting to know peeps here because I feel so welcome already and I haven't done a thing to deserve it.

jesty

• Tumblr
  • *twirls around*
« Reply #626 on: April 13, 2015, 08:59:28 PM »
Hola! I'm Jesty!  \o/

I am from Dominican Republic, living in America and spend majority of my time drawing and going on the internet. I found SSSS through A Redtail's Dream and ever since then, I have been addicted to Minna's works! And I love cats, drawing, swimming and just being silly :)

This is actually the first time I joined a forum or even took part in a fandom, pretty interesting indeed. ^_^

« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 11:36:33 PM by jesty »
"There is no reason to not believe that advancement and revolution will come in the future" ~Arie Selinger
:hat: :betterhat:                                  :usa: :spain:
I will Survive~ :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
  • just a gourd on the internet
  • Preferred pronouns: ALL THE PRONOUNS. He/him/his is always a safe bet though!
« Reply #627 on: April 13, 2015, 10:51:37 PM »
Sigrun is my inner me, Reynir is my outer me. I am generally clueless about the latest anything, kind of happy-go-lucky, but very much able to be upset. A lot. :)
I say vol, you say tron! Vol!
…Voltron?

Amity

• Scout
  • What Would Sigrun Do?
« Reply #628 on: April 14, 2015, 02:55:58 AM »
Hello!  I made it here by making a new account.  L'amitie c'est mort, vive l'amitie.

I am from the US, in California, and I love:

1) art
2) science
3) people
4) history, language, and culture

Once upon a time I did a lot of internet community things, but I haven't been interested much until I ran into the Stand Still community.  You guys are amazing.  The comic is amazing.  Another thing I love is voting for it, because I want excellent things to succeed.
If life hands you Emil, make Emilonade!

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #629 on: April 14, 2015, 03:06:53 AM »
Hello!  I made it here by making a new account.  L'amitie c'est mort, vive l'amitie.

I am from the US, in California, and I love:

1) art
2) science
3) people
4) history, language, and culture

Once upon a time I did a lot of internet community things, but I haven't been interested much until I ran into the Stand Still community.  You guys are amazing.  The comic is amazing.  Another thing I love is voting for it, because I want excellent things to succeed.

Hello! I have a cookie!
cookie.png

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney