Author Topic: The Introduction Thread  (Read 581032 times)

Koeshi

• Scout
Re: The Introduction Thread
« Reply #600 on: April 07, 2015, 10:42:06 AM »
Well actually as forums go, this one is pretty small and the folks here are very friendly.  If you have any questions or problems there is always someone around to ask.

Iceea

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #601 on: April 07, 2015, 11:25:15 AM »
Hi all Iceea here, I’ve been reading since last August, saw a link on another web comic, and I’ve been reading RTD during the chapter breaks. I’m from the Boston Mass US area and age wise I’m probably the ~same as the old guy doing the “blackmailing” back on page 282, I didn’t search out his name. A certifiable “old fart”, although since I just finished volunteering at Anime Boston this past wknd maybe not really certifiable. I’ve thrown out a couple of comments on the daily updates but mostly lurking. The expression ‘get a life”, well I already have one so it’s very hard to keep up with all threads and other fun stuff in the comments and the forum. In the online games I play I’m considered a “casual player”.  If I get on once a month for 4-6 hrs I’m lucky. But c’est la vie, c’est la guerrr, c’est l’amour.
This is one of the best web comics out there, IMHO. Story, characters, drawing, color it’s got it all. So I’ll be around for the duration. I do hope Minna decides to do print books again this one’s a keeper.  Well, back to the other world. Hmmm, I used to say back to reality but nah, it’s all the same, it’s just how we perceive and interact with the time space continuum  that we find ourselves in.
“…but we decide which is reality and which is an illusion” Moody Blues - 1967
:usa: obviously :france: too many yrs ago
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: & :book2:

You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it!
Robin Williams

P__

« Reply #602 on: April 07, 2015, 01:06:47 PM »
welcome newbies! :D
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Stefanyeah

« Reply #603 on: April 12, 2015, 06:49:04 PM »
Good evening dear survivors and trolls. :P
I finally caved and handed over all my remaining free time to this board.

I actually don't quite recall how I found SSSS last year, I think it was because of a banner on another webcomic. (Oh, the times when my time was only consumed by one web comic…) I then forwent my weekend plans of going into the city in order to catch up with the comic. Since then I've been staring at the most recent page each day and marvelling at the artwork.

At some point I wanted to join the discussion beneath the pages and got me a Disqus account a few months back.

What else to reveal about me?
German reader from Berlin, I successfully dropped out of English and Dutch studies with a short side dish of History of Arts and am now working in my absolute dream job: customer care agent on the phone. \o/ Before all of that I finished an apprenticeship as media designer.

Fanstuff I currently burn for:
Godzilla (I honestly don't understand how Godzilla Millenium doesn't get more love.)
Welcome to Night Vale
Music (Muse, IAMX, Amanda Palmer to name a few)

Fanstuff I sometimes burn for:
Games (Pokémon, Zelda, Monster Hunter (I've got the SSSS crew as Palicoes in MH4U  ;D ))
Manga (Dragon Ball, Hellsing, my great Manga time is kinda over-ish, since I now spent all my money on bands -.-; )
More music
Stuff I've got forgotten because it's too late and my brain's gone mush…

Also I tend to draw stuff, nowadays mostly on my phone or iPad. The latter is not really comfortable and needs a lot of practise even though I spent too much money on a stylus that's pressure sensitive. *sigh* I'm also in a weird love-hate relationship with hands.

I also write fanfic which mainly consists of taking people and tossing them into fantasy worlds/situations. One day, one day, though, I'll finish my novel — graphic novel — hybrid — novel mutant. I will. I hope.

Languages I speak are:
German: Native Speaker
English: Quite advanced, I daresay
Dutch: Some rusted shards
French: Whatever I didn't manage to forget after school. :P
Latin: Whatever you learn from Asterix and a childhood spent loving dinosaurs (my favourite's Oviraptor, which taught me the words Egg and Thief).

And now I shall be off to dreamy land. *waves*
:germany: native
:uk: fluent
:netherlands: rusty

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #604 on: April 12, 2015, 07:59:03 PM »
[insert intro post here]

Hi! Welcome to the forum! *offers you cookies* I see you're an artist and a writer, any chance you'll be contributing to the SSSS Art Museum or SSSS Scriptorium? *hint hint* ;)
(I also see you're a Muse fan! Me too!)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Marjo

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #605 on: April 12, 2015, 09:27:01 PM »
D'accord, je me lance (not literately ::)), my name is Marjorie and I'm French. I discovered this comic by a recommendation on Duolingo, where I try to learn swedish (with great difficulty and little success :-\). There's not much to say about me, I love languages, but I'm really bad at learning them. I love cats and ice hockey, but not at the same time (I am not a monster). There's nothing else to say about me, I'm not a good writer, and I can't draw to save my life.

Newbie duty done. ;D
Native: :france: Fluent: :uk: Learning: :sweden:
Forgotten: :italy:
Wishlist: :russia: :japan: :ireland:

Stefanyeah

« Reply #606 on: April 13, 2015, 04:26:53 AM »
Hi! Welcome to the forum! *offers you cookies* I see you're an artist and a writer, any chance you'll be contributing to the SSSS Art Museum or SSSS Scriptorium? *hint hint* ;)
(I also see you're a Muse fan! Me too!)

COOKIES! *munches*
Thank you. :)

Maayybeee. It really depends on my moods. I'm tempted by the self-insertion thread, though. :P

(Muuuuse! Shameless fangirl. :P I have to admit, and I should be ashamed, but this is the main fandom I'm writing fanfics in…)
:germany: native
:uk: fluent
:netherlands: rusty

Eulinne

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #607 on: April 13, 2015, 04:27:51 AM »
Hello, everybody!

The magnificent language tree by Minna was my reason to begin reading the SSSS. As a linguist, I like to read stories featuring various interesting linguistic situations. And I also adore apocalyptic works :3

I am more interested in discussions of characters/languages, than in creating fan-content, but one never knows ;)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 04:31:26 AM by Eulinne »
Native :russia: Fluent :usa:
Learned and not completely forgotten :germany:, :vaticancity:
Half-learned :poland: On-hold :china:, :spain:
Wishlist: :japan:, :france:, :ireland:, :wales:

P__

« Reply #608 on: April 13, 2015, 06:07:17 AM »
Yay! new newbies :D Welcome all of you *hugs* *runs to fetch a plate of cookies and a jug of milk*
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Koeshi

• Scout
« Reply #609 on: April 13, 2015, 06:47:15 AM »
Welcome Eulinne, don't worry many of us are not suited for the creation of fan-content.  I for one cannot draw to save my life, but I do enjoy the discussions on this forum.

Eulinne

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #610 on: April 13, 2015, 11:51:43 AM »
P__ , Koeshi, thanks for greetings  :)
Native :russia: Fluent :usa:
Learned and not completely forgotten :germany:, :vaticancity:
Half-learned :poland: On-hold :china:, :spain:
Wishlist: :japan:, :france:, :ireland:, :wales:

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #611 on: April 13, 2015, 01:02:54 PM »
Hi thurrrrr

Apparently I am wildfire. I am from Norway, and my english is horrible, so I apologize in advance for all awkward englishing on my part. (It's also worth mentioning that my signature might be deceiving; I did learn german for 5 years, but I'm not sure how well I would understand anything. I can read danish and swedish without any problems, and I can also understand it if spoken to me, but I CANNOT MAKE WORDS WITH MY MOUTH in said languages. But I AM the most best when it comes to speaking norwegian.)

I blame Haiz for being here, as I fell in love with hirs ssss fan-art on facebook and I just had to find the source of hirs awesomeness. (lol I already regret starting this post, it feels like a never-ending pile of failurreeee!) So I was hooked and Haiz introduced me to this forum - it only took me a while to actually join because I am not the Sigrun I wish I was.

I could try telling you how old I am in units of Tuomi, edit: but I'm not sure how well I would do, so I'll settle with "the same age as Tuuri". I have been stuck in the fan-art thread all day, wishing I had the patience to actually teach myself how to draw. However, I can brag *cough* about the fact that I know *cough* how to play the guitar, the piano, the bass guitar, the drums, the trombone, the cornet and the flute. And I am the most best in all of those, no lies here *cough* - also I sing. A lot. And sometimes also very loudly.

Also, I quote Haiz:

(...)
I like cartoons, webcomics and pokémon. I'm really drawn to postapocalyptic fantasy settings, especially those who are all back-to-origins/restarting society
(...)

I swear, this was not supposed to be an autobiography, but it seems I really do have a problem with keeping things short..
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 01:11:07 PM by wildfire »
• :norway: :usa: :uk: :denmark: :sweden: :germany: •

And in the light of the sun we go, through rain and raging snow, to find the things we do not know

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #612 on: April 13, 2015, 01:06:09 PM »
Apparently I am wildfire. I am from Norway, and my english is horrible, so I apologize in advance for all awkward englishing on my part. (It's also worth mentioning that my signature might be deceiving; I did learn german for 5 years, but I'm not sure how well I would understand anything. I can read danish and swedish without any problems, and I can also understand it if spoken to me, but I CANNOT MAKE WORDS WITH MY MOUTH in said languages. But I AM the most best when it comes to speaking norwegian.)

I blame Haiz for being here, as I fell in love with hirs ssss fan-art on facebook and I just had to find the source of hirs awesomeness. (lol I already regret starting this post, it feels like a never-ending pile of failurreeee!) So I was hooked and Haiz introduced me to this forum - it only took me a while to actually join because I am not the Sigrun I wish I was.

I could try telling you how old I am in units of Tuomi, but I am the same age as Tuuri. I have been stuck in the fan-art thread all day, wishing I had the patience to actually teach myself how to draw. However, I can brag *cough* about the fact that I know *cough* how to play the guitar, the piano, the bass guitar, the drums, the trombone, the cornet and the flute. And I am the most best in all of those, no lies here *cough* - also I sing. A lot. And sometimes also very loudly.

Yeees, more Norwegians. The legion is growing!

Welcome to the forum~

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #613 on: April 13, 2015, 01:12:19 PM »
Yeees, more Norwegians. The legion is growing!

Welcome to the forum~

Thank you~

This is scary I feel like an intruder mostly because the only thing I have to offer is "HEI EG SKRIV NYNORSK" D:

Edit: Also I just realized I'm a liar - I am not the same age as Tuuri, I am almost two years older than her, my bad, I find myself forgetting how old I am ;___;
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 01:14:22 PM by wildfire »
• :norway: :usa: :uk: :denmark: :sweden: :germany: •

And in the light of the sun we go, through rain and raging snow, to find the things we do not know

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #614 on: April 13, 2015, 01:14:14 PM »
Thank you~

This is scary I feel like an intruder mostly because the only thing I have to offer is "HEI EG SKRIV NYNORSK" D:

*Immediately grabs you*

Just what we needed! This way please!